Westminster school may stay open next...

Westminster school may stay open next fall

There are 6 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Jan 1, 2011, titled Westminster school may stay open next fall. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Advocates for keeping the Westminster West school open can breathe a sigh of relief for at least one more year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

sonny barger

Waterville, ME

#1 Jan 1, 2011
so keep it open for 18 students rather than save some tax payers some $$

oh, and keep how many union jobs, staff, etc? probably oh, say 9 jobs.
David Savoy

Fairlee, VT

#2 Jan 1, 2011
Typical spend worthless money on a select few WHINERS!!!!This is crazy to spend money on a few families when families are hurting.

Chester, VT

#3 Jan 2, 2011
David Savoy wrote:
Typical spend worthless money on a select few WHINERS!!!!This is crazy to spend money on a few families when families are hurting.
Let me guess, the school is in the wealthier part of town ?
I'm have no clue so can only guess.
flat lander

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2011
tough news for the students but where are they going to find teachers to work all summer since they do JACK the rest of the year. If you want to go back to the 188 day time make it legal to beat the tar out of the little shirts. My lawyer says " " up yours and your parents and lawyer you little shirt. If you need a beater I am available and for free. Demonstrations on the principal for free
Westminta Folk

Peabody, MA

#5 Jan 3, 2011
Like the last line said, Ultimately it'll be up to the voters (TAX PAYERS) of the town to deside if they would like to see a break in there taxes by closing the school and saving some money by cutting the budget. Ultimately that is what this school board should be thinking of not how the school is a special place for the few families that get to use the school. And why do the rest of the residents from other parts of the town who are also paying for this school not get to choose to send there children there if it is such a beter education.
Bottom line is.
flat lander

United States

#6 Jan 3, 2011
It's not about what it cost but our little brain washed dumbbells can,t deal with the real world out there like in the big city of Westminster. The new signs are ready to put up "welcome to west-west village of the damned".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellows Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Log (Jan '09) Oct 29 Community Disorga... 85
News Dari Joy owner unhappy with town's decision (May '15) May '15 JBIRD710 1
News Former Island Pond church teacher gets time ser... (Sep '07) Apr '15 Cult hater 21
News Letter Box (Dec '09) Apr '15 Faridmuti 8
News UHSD 27 budget to go up less than 1 percent des... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Andrew Andrews 1
News Kindle Farm teacher awarded $25,000 (Oct '08) Mar '15 Toni 18
Live Music at the Pizza Stone (Jan '15) Jan '15 reverie22 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellows Falls Mortgages