A four-way race for Rockingham board seat

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

While the rest of the state will be closely watching Tuesday's Democratic Gubernatorial Primary, and other local and state elections, Rockingham voters will be electing a new member to its Selectboard.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dinty Moore

Skowhegan, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

We cant afford to have Monty or Stefan Golec
Why Trieber

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

actually, monte would probably look at cutting bloated staff and budgets even further. Trieber is trying to make friends in town hall. if trieber wins, we'll definitely have another election. more money from taxpayers would be a trieber win.
Deployed in Afghanistan

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Three out of the four have been running that town for the last 20 years. Look at what a mess it is!
Why Trieber indeed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Is Trieber running for the 3 year seat so he can more money from the Revolving Fund for his partner?
Kevin

Burlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

I beg the voters of Rockingham to elect Monty to the board, I really have a dam I need to sell. Monty did a lot of good things for the town...but he needs to be truthful, how much did this dam deal actually cost us taxpayers ??
laffing

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

i will laff soo hard if after this election there are still 4 selectmen. ha ha.
Michel LaLiberte

Hartland, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

I believe the 4 people running have the interests of the area foremost in their thoughts. If you run for public office you should, right? I plan to vote for Stefan Golec because I have found him to be upfront and honest every time I have dealt with him.
wondering

Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

laffing wrote:
i will laff soo hard if after this election there are still 4 selectmen. ha ha.
Agreed haha
Vote Treiber Please

Skowhegan, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

james -- CPAC

Tomorrow is Primary Election Day in Vermont.

Have you set aside a few minutes to vote tomorrow?

Confirm your polling location -- and VOTE TOMORROW before polls close at 7 p.m..

Working and fighting together, we've accomplished so much. We've enacted tough Wall Street reform, a landmark health care bill that brings us closer than ever to achieving universal coverage, equal pay for equal work, and so much more.

But our work is not finished.

Please don't forget to vote tomorrow, if you haven't already sent in your ballot early. So much is at stake.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Patrick Leahy
U.S. Senator

P.S. Marcelle and I hope you will join us for the Unity Rally that will take place at noon on Wednesday, August 25 at 1 Main Street in Burlington. This is our chance to rally behind our nominees and get the general election off to a strong start.
Vote Treiber Please

Skowhegan, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Michel LaLiberte
Pleasant Valley Road Rockingham VT
Reply Ľ by CPAC

I believe the 4 people running have the interests of the area foremost in their thoughts. If you run for public office you should, right? I plan to vote for Stefan Golec because I have found him to be upfront and honest every time I have dealt with him.

Michael LaLiberte thank you for helping on the census and while you might have had good interaction with Stefan Golec briefly many in the town donít share your views on him.
Vote Treiber Please

Skowhegan, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Kevin
Manchester, NH
Reply Ľ
5 hrs ago I beg the voters of Rockingham to elect Monty to the board, I really have a dam I need to sell. Monty did a lot of good things for the town...but he needs to be truthful, how much did this dam deal actually cost us taxpayers ??

Kevin Three quarters of a million dollars and the voters only approved 100k the rest got taken from GR fund at will over several years.
wondering

Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Who is going to fill Treibor's other seat if he wins? Or Stephan's seat on the trustee board? More elections to follow, I guess.
whitey

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Deployed in Afghanistan wrote:
Three out of the four have been running that town for the last 20 years. Look at what a mess it is!
Whitey agrees. Why put in one of the guys who helped create the highest taxed village/town in Vermont??? Time for a new guy to have the opportunity to change things for the better or screw it up as good as the other three have.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

I'm voting for Matt Trieber, because he'll tell you where he stands on any given issue and why.

The other way I'm looking at it is a choice between more of the same, and a fresh perspective. That's an easy choice for me.
Answer to Wondering

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Matt Threiber, if he wins, will hold a 3-year seat instead of a 1-year seat. Then, the board will have to appoint someone to fill his 1-year term until March. At the March election another person will have to run for that 1-year term. Stefan does not lose his seat on the BF Trustee board because the village board is totally independent of the town board. BF is a village onto itself. Rockingham is a town onto itself. He would serve on both boards.
Scary

Stowe, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Stefan serving on both boards is very scary. Stfan needs to step down , he makes the same promises every time he runs.

Stefan you are a coward ,you have never cut a budget, you are all talk. After 20 years you have accomplished nothing.

Thank god for all the Pollocks voting you in.Other wise you wouldn't win. Stefan quit telling lies and sneaking around. Get done you are alll washed up.
Question for Ben Long

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

What does Trieber stand for? Moving forward? What else? Restoring municipal jobs?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Question for Ben Long wrote:
What does Trieber stand for? Moving forward? What else? Restoring municipal jobs?
Trieber is committed to using economic development as a means of increasing the town's tax base. The single most important issue for me is the local economy, and I'm voting for the guy with a realistically positive attitude about the future that goes beyond merely the next budget.
Vote Treiber

Skowhegan, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

I agree with Ben Long Matt is right upfront with his ideas and looks at the long term solutions.He also answers any questions you might call him about to discuss and he is very intelligent.

I asked him should he get elected who would he like to see appointed to his remaining term and with no hesitation he said Divoll. and why, Link is a gentlemen and he could work well with him.

We all know the other two Amigos quite well after 45 years on the boards and our wallets also.

The 2 top Democrats heads have for the past few weeks been conducting a will of the wisp campaignalong with BOOOOOB. Shame shame shame should be your theme song when doing your Dressy Bessie routine in Largo Fl. with the 3 Condo owners.

What color panties does he wear?
TNB

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Why would anyone run for political office anywhere?

Other than greed and ego,that is....For sincere office seekers, it can't possibly be worth it....

Just sayin...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bellows Falls Discussions

Search the Bellows Falls Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FCC relies on 1950s laws to allow VPR to exclu... Apr 18 Cris Ericson 1
Commissioner gives ultimatum; Vermont Reps remo... Apr 18 Cris Ericson 2
Slaughter house Apr 15 Flat Lander 3
Dummerston skeptical of solar deal Feb '14 Mike Mulligan 3
Dummerston looking into solar power (May '13) Jan '14 Mike Mulligan 123
Man in prison over failure of child support pay... Nov '13 Mike Mulligan 12
Germans raid religious sect on abuse fears (Sep '13) Sep '13 Cleo 1
•••
•••