Putney couple marks 50 years of marriage

Putney couple marks 50 years of marriage

There are 3 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Dec 3, 2010, titled Putney couple marks 50 years of marriage. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Harris and Anita Coomes during their 50th wedding anniverA sary celebration in Putney on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Trina

Jaffrey, NH

#1 Dec 3, 2010
Amazing! everybody I met in Putney when I lived there seemed to be divorcing, divorced, and more divorce all the time.
Linda Brown Hope MI

Pinconning, MI

#2 Dec 3, 2010
Wow! Some good positive news! What a sweet couple, wish they had been my parents!!! Nowadays, it is hard to stay in a relationship long, more challenges out there, money worries, job security, raising kids, it is hard on lots of folks as sometimes love just not enough to sustain a marriage and having been there myself, I don't ever see myself doing it again as much as I would love to find my soul mate. My grandparents were married over 65 yrs and my grandfather died first at the age of 93 and my grandmother was lost. She has been with him for 67 yrs and a yr later she died from a broken heart and while I was so sad that they died, I was glad that grandma could be with her soul mate again and now forever.
ann cassidy trotta

United States

#3 Dec 3, 2010
congratulations! I was a babysitter for your children, you were both great people. I can't believe how the years have passed. I loved reading your story, too many people forget to live the life you have had. I am heading toward number 40 myself. Only hope to keep the years going, and wish you both many, many more years! God bless, ann and joe trotta

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellows Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Log May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bill 1
News Dari Joy owner unhappy with town's decision (May '15) May '15 JBIRD710 1
News Former Island Pond church teacher gets time ser... (Sep '07) Apr '15 Cult hater 21
News Letter Box (Dec '09) Apr '15 Faridmuti 8
News UHSD 27 budget to go up less than 1 percent des... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Andrew Andrews 1
News Kindle Farm teacher awarded $25,000 (Oct '08) Mar '15 Toni 18

Bellows Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellows Falls Mortgages