Anonymous

Phillips, WI

#1 Sep 26, 2007
I would like to object to inaccurate information being reported in the following article and ask that you follow up with additional research to see if your claims are correct.
Former Island Pond church teacher gets time served in sex case
By Dave Gram, Associated Press Writer  |  September 24, 2007
The article states that:“John W. Thomas, 37, of Savoy, Mass., pleaded guilty to molesting two boys in the stockroom and basement of the Simon the Tanner shoe and clothing shop maintained by the Twelve Tribes Community Church.”
This is untrue.
Mr. Thomas agreed to a plea bargain offering 2 counts of lewd and lascivious conduct. He did not admit to inappropriate sexual behavior with the boys. The only thing he admitted to was masturbating in the stock room and having the boys walk in on him. When asked why he was masturbating in the store stockroom, it was because he was a member of the Twelve Tribes. He shared a room with 5 other single men and shared a bathroom with 20-25 other people. Not a lot of room for privacy.

Monday's plea-change hearing in Vermont District Court for Essex County marked the near end of a case that has taken more than a decade to resolve.

Again this is inaccurate. These charges were pressed against Thomas in Jan 2005-more than ten years after the supposed incident occurred. The charges conveniently happened shortly after Thomas filed for child support from his estranged wife, Licorice Melnick, who still resides in the Twelve Tribes and was fighting with Thomas for custody of their two sons. Originally, Melnick had surrendered her sons to Thomas’s care but changed her mind 18 months later after Thomas went after her for child support. She was in contempt of court for not paying child support when the group filed these charges.

The group has a history of evading child support orders and has taken severe steps to avoid doing so based on religious convictions. There premise, however, is that they can not afford to pay child support to all of the children who live outside of the group and have an absent parent within the group.(Child support order is through Greenfield Probate Court in Massachusetts.)
While the two pending counts at Monday's hearing related only to the masturbation incidents, during his statement to the court, M.W. mentioned oral sex, and Judge Thomas Zonay threatened to reject the plea agreement unless Thomas admitted to engaging in it with M.W.
In a tense exchange, Thomas said "I never forced anyone" to have oral sex.
"Do you really believe that an 11-year-old boy can make that decision on his own?" Zonay replied.
Thomas ended up admitting to engaging in oral sex, though not in the context of the charges against him.

Please make it clear that Thomas did not agree to engaging in oral sex with these boys.
Re Anon

Poway, CA

#2 May 18, 2011
ahh f*ck you... John Thomas is a pervert and stalked little boys, including a couple of my best friends. anyone defending him can go suck a d*ck. serious, you wanna start a pro sex pervert campaign? be my guest, you'll have your ass handed to you in no time. someone who puts kids in that situation is child molester...
aquilla

Sackets Harbor, NY

#3 Jul 10, 2011
the problem with the tribes is that anyone in the tribes cannot say anything bad about the tribes and they never call the police for any criminal act involving their own people, just like the amish. everything is hushed up. i was told "it is good to conceal a matter." how long and and how often will they conceal sex perverts while condemning the roman catholic church for the same things. are the tribes bearing the fruit of the holy spirit they claim to be doing, and no one else is? i lived with a member who liked to show his private body parts to little children in our community house. eventually he was asked to leave the community. i found out later what he had been doing when i asked a shepherd why he left the community. i can tell you this, all forms of communism tend to make people dirt poor, and the tribes has a two tier system, just like the Georhe Orwell story "Animal Farm." some members, the elder snd shepherds are much more equal than the grunt workers. also, ask them about their "cham: teaching sometime. they believe black people who don't join the cult should still be slaves to white people. it's a bad ass embarrassment to the tribes, but they're stuck believing it, because pope Yoneq and the adulterous H'emeq said it is so. Also, read about how parents in the tribes are instructed to produce blue marks on toddlers and children in order to show their love for them.
Berwynn

Johnson City, TN

#4 Aug 4, 2011
Well what do you expect from a group that claims that they alone, in the entire world, have the Holy Spirit. Everyone else, they say, has "another Jesus" who they quite fervently express is a demon. And while H'
HeMeq was sitting in the seat of authority and passing judgment on others for lesser infractions,while she, at the same time, was hiding unconfessed intimate sensual contact sexual sin for years.

So who was sitting at the table of authority? Not Jesus/Yahshua, but the very demon that they proclaim that all Christianity has.

"You'll know them by their fruits"
Berwynn

Johnson City, TN

#5 Aug 4, 2011
Well what do you expect from a group that claims that they alone, in the entire world, have the Holy Spirit. Everyone else, they say, has "another Jesus" who they quite fervently express is a demon. And while H'eMeq was sitting in the seat of authority and passing judgment on others for lesser infractions,she, at the same time, was hiding unconfessed intimate sensual contact sexual sin for years.
So who was sitting at the table of authority? Not Jesus/Yahshua, but the very demon that they proclaim that all Christianity has.
"You'll know them by their fruits"
Berwynn

Johnson City, TN

#6 Aug 17, 2011
I had great reservations concerning the TT's even though, by Biblical account, they have certainly been given revelation. They do understand what the prayer of Jesus meant when he desired that the society on earth be as it is in the society of heaven, and that is what they endeavor to fulfill without compromise. One of my fears was about Ha'Emeq and her situation in Brazil, but the Lord came to me in one of many vivid dreams I've had relating to the TT's and told me to "embrace Ha'Emeq".(I very seldom dream, and when I do, I don't often remember much, but all the TT dreams come with clarity and I remember every detail.) I then realized that He she had sincere heart sorrow and had repented to His acceptance, and that I should no longer be concerned with that history for He has recovered her.
And, there is no racism in the tribes either, for the life in community where those that live for each others sustenance eliminates the racial problems that the world is caught up in because the life, contrariwise to the rest of the world, is not about getting, but giving. No one lives selfishly for personal gain, but they put their talents to work so that they may give life and love to each other.

There are a few people in there who have been caught up in some of the darkest sensual things which they formed in their characters from influences on the outside, but God has sent them there to receive the "washing and regeneration" by the Holy Spirit to save them from themselves and eternal damnation. God wishes none to perish, and the TT's are truly, in my opinion, one of the only places that they can be able to be delivered. The many denominations do not have the time or heart to have such a close life which is needed to bring this about. The world is covered by a spirit of evil that produces extreme greed, covetousness, sexual sensuousness, and many other inherited and learned traits that are contrary to the heart of our Heavenly Father. The Twelve Tribes, through the Holy Spirit, offer the life that is necessary to be set free from the chains of darkness in this world. Everyone is invited, but it's not for everyone. In order to see the kingdom, one must be born again.

Ha'Emeq and the TT's; Please forgive my prior posts of #s 4&5

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellows Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Log May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bill 1
News Dari Joy owner unhappy with town's decision (May '15) May '15 JBIRD710 1
News Former Island Pond church teacher gets time ser... (Sep '07) Apr '15 Cult hater 21
News Letter Box (Dec '09) Apr '15 Faridmuti 8
News UHSD 27 budget to go up less than 1 percent des... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Andrew Andrews 1
News Kindle Farm teacher awarded $25,000 (Oct '08) Mar '15 Toni 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellows Falls Mortgages