Woman killed by LIRR train in apparen...

Woman killed by LIRR train in apparent suicide -

There are 84 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 16, 2007, titled Woman killed by LIRR train in apparent suicide -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A woman was killed by an eastbound Long Island Rail Road train near the Bellmore station Sunday night in an apparent suicide, Nassau Police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Marie

United States

#2 Sep 16, 2007
Pax requiem.
Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#3 Sep 17, 2007
A 39-year-old Brooklyn man was struck and killed Saturday by a Long Island Rail Road train near the Babylon station, in an apparent suicide, officials said.
Why didn't these two get together instead do messing up two trains?
Tough Enough

Elizabeth, NJ

#6 Sep 17, 2007
I can undestand having had enough and wanting the easy out..... But a train or as Fat Tony suggests a bullet to the head????? How about a handful of Oxycontin washed down with a few Scotch, Vodka, whichever you perfer. At least it's not a gruesome way to check out. Actually just go to sleep and not wakeup.What the heck Oxy already has a bad reputation anyway. Spare t he LIRR on this one.
DearSuicidalPeop le

Westbury, NY

#7 Sep 17, 2007
We feel your pain. Really we do, and frankly we don't blame you for wanting to kill yourself. But as a departing gesture how about you keep your completely selfish, incondsiderate cowardly act to yourself? There are several ways that you can send yourself to the great beyond (or straight to hell as some believe) without having to traumatize someone that is just trying to do their job. Not only do you traumatize the engineer of the train, the people that have to scrape your a** off the track have to deal with that horror. Take a bunch of pills and go lie down in a tub, if you're afraid that won't work, razor blades are cheap. Just try to keep yourself contained. Sure, someone will have to find your pitiful self and it may affect them in some way having to carry you out, but it won;t be like picking up pieces along the tracks. And they won't have feel like they have your death on their hands. I know this is a lot to ask from someone so self absorbed that their solution to problems is suicide, but I thought it couldn't hurt.
Less

San Jose, CA

#9 Sep 17, 2007
You people are inconsiderate, rude and just plain stupid!! You didn't know this person. I highly doubt you'd say all this BS face to face to the family of this woman. This woman obviously had some things going on in her life, which she should have gotten help for. Keep you uneducated comments to yourself.
Devils Advocate

New York, NY

#10 Sep 17, 2007
Less wrote:
You people are inconsiderate, rude and just plain stupid!! You didn't know this person. I highly doubt you'd say all this BS face to face to the family of this woman. This woman obviously had some things going on in her life, which she should have gotten help for. Keep you uneducated comments to yourself.
Nobody is denying that this woman had problems - what they are clearly stating is why all these suicidal people think jumping in front of a train is the answer. Just think of all the people that were affected by this person's selfish act. And yes, I do agree that Suicide is the easy way out. If your depressed - Go seek help - If you have a friend/relative that you think is suicidal - get them help.

Since: Apr 07

Lon Gisland

#11 Sep 17, 2007
At least she had the decency not to do it at rush hour.
Mac

United States

#12 Sep 17, 2007
DearSuicidalPeople wrote:
We feel your pain. Really we do, and frankly we don't blame you for wanting to kill yourself. But as a departing gesture how about you keep your completely selfish, incondsiderate cowardly act to yourself? There are several ways that you can send yourself to the great beyond (or straight to hell as some believe) without having to traumatize someone that is just trying to do their job. Not only do you traumatize the engineer of the train, the people that have to scrape your a** off the track have to deal with that horror. Take a bunch of pills and go lie down in a tub, if you're afraid that won't work, razor blades are cheap. Just try to keep yourself contained. Sure, someone will have to find your pitiful self and it may affect them in some way having to carry you out, but it won;t be like picking up pieces along the tracks. And they won't have feel like they have your death on their hands. I know this is a lot to ask from someone so self absorbed that their solution to problems is suicide, but I thought it couldn't hurt.
You should start a blog.
Mac

United States

#13 Sep 17, 2007
Less wrote:
Making fun of a dead broad is uneducated?
Mac

United States

#14 Sep 17, 2007
Marie wrote:
Pax requiem.
Pax Americana.
Mac

United States

#15 Sep 17, 2007
drunkenlimeybastard wrote:
At least she had the decency not to do it at rush hour.
True. The suicide fare is higher during peak hours.
Stuart

Haworth, NJ

#16 Sep 17, 2007
I drove by the Bellmore station last night about 9:45. I had a feeling sonething was up. The police were still there, as was the train.

Suicide is a permenant solution to a temporary problem.
Stuart

Haworth, NJ

#17 Sep 17, 2007
I drove by the Bellmore station last night at 9:45. I had a feeling something was up, what with the train sitting in the station with both its headlights and marker lights on at both ends, and the police in the east parking lot.

Suicide is a permemant solution to a temporary problem
Mac

United States

#21 Sep 17, 2007
Stuart wrote:
Suicide is a permenant solution to a temporary problem.

Suicide is a permemant solution to a temporary problem
I don't think we should pay attention to anyone who misspells "permanent" twice.
jonny john

New York, NY

#22 Sep 17, 2007
with so may pills available why do people choose such a horrible escape from this tortured life?

Since: Apr 07

Lon Gisland

#25 Sep 17, 2007
Through early morning fog I see

visions of the things to be

the pains that are withheld for me

I realize and I can see...

[REFRAIN]:

that suicide is painless

It brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make

all our little joys relate

without that ever-present hate

but now I know that it's too late, and...

[REFRAIN]

The game of life is hard to play

I'm gonna lose it anyway

The losing card I'll someday lay

so this is all I have to say.

[REFRAIN]

The only way to win is cheat

And lay it down before I'm beat

and to another give my seat

for that's the only painless feat.

[REFRAIN]

The sword of time will pierce our skins

It doesn't hurt when it begins

But as it works its way on in

The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

[REFRAIN]

A brave man once requested me

to answer questions that are key

is it to be or not to be

and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

[REFRAIN]

'Cause suicide is painless

it brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

...and you can do the same thing if you please.
Hillary Clitton

Huntington, NY

#27 Sep 17, 2007
Why a train?

Carbon monoxide poisoning is the best way. Take a few sleeping pills, hop in car in the the garage, turn the car on, go to sleep.

Why do you think I bought Bill a car for his birthday?

“Back & Better Than Ever”

Since: Dec 06

East Meadow, New York

#29 Sep 17, 2007
jonny john wrote:
with so may pills available why do people choose such a horrible escape from this tortured life?
The train is a sure thing. Pills is a 50/50.

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#30 Sep 17, 2007
Hillary Clitton wrote:
Why a train?
Carbon monoxide poisoning is the best way. Take a few sleeping pills, hop in car in the the garage, turn the car on, go to sleep.
Why do you think I bought Bill a car for his birthday?
Why a train you ask? Because it's 100% effective. I have yet to see a person step in front of one and live to tell about it. I have seen it happen on numerous occasions being a daily commuter.
Mac

United States

#36 Sep 17, 2007
East Meadow Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The train is a sure thing. Pills is a 50/50.
Actually, it's a symptom of lethal introject. Self-hatred is so great that the person needs to actually maim and disfigure himself in the act of suicide. Pills are too neat and tidy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) 5 hr Ceilidh1 62
News LI's worst offenders (Jan '07) 11 hr Frank Lehmann 44
News Massapequa woman charged in mall shoplifting (Sep '10) Jul 23 IDOKNOW 6
News Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) Jul 23 Starling An 47
Review: Brunswick Hospital Center Amityville Ny (Aug '13) Jul 17 Don 3
Dick and Dora's (Nov '09) Jul 13 Matt 68
A harlots value's Jul 12 Rayleslie 1

Bellmore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance