"Heather Has Two Mommies"; children's...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#24 Feb 21, 2012
Michèle TORR 4 grandes chansons 1964/65/67

video by valetdecoeurs
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#25 Feb 22, 2012
This didn't place very well at eurovision in 1966, and there is specific criticism of it on the Michele Torr Wiki page, but it's still pretty enjoyable:

ESC 1966 04 - Luxembourg - Michèle Torr - Ce Soir Je T'Attendais

video by JoaoVelada

--In '94, I held a sign while attempting to hitchhike out of Calais, France (as I'd done in '84), only this time the sign read "LUXEMBOURG" since that was the destination as my brother was living there. It was following/during a torrential downpour; the entire ferry system/port was shut down for three days. I'd been stranded there after taking the ferry over from Dover, England.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#26 Feb 22, 2012
Looks like there was splicing or something around :50-1:10 in the video "60's - MICHELE TORR - S'il m'aime -"

--the young people sitting behind Michele Torr are moving around, getting situated at one moment, then the next shot shows them sitting completely still--it doesn't seem to follow. Love the video though--Michele Torr's voice sounds very melodic.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#27 Feb 22, 2012
This video version is better as it shows the intro. including Michele Torre being led down the stairs to the stage...Isabelle Aubret also has an excellent intro. in her Eurovision perfo4rmance around that time.

ESC-Luxemburg Michèle Torr-Ce soir je t'attendais (1966)

video by EuroRainbow
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#28 Feb 22, 2012
Compare:

"Marianne Mille - Oublie de pleurer (1965)"

video by MrNonosse1

with...

"60's - MICHELE TORR - S'il m'aime -"

video By DeeJay62 DeeJayM62

--Seems they were both around 1965 or so; expressive facial expressions; very enjoyable.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#29 Feb 23, 2012
pardon me...went off-topic here...will try and come back to this subject soon...
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#31 Mar 1, 2012
This was alongside the Chantal Goya videos on YouTube:

Vivre sa vie filmafic

Uploaded by filmafic on Sep 28, 2006

Scene 11 - To watch the entire film, go to http://myspace.com/cinemafrancais

A philosophical conversation from a Godard film.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#32 Mar 1, 2012
Just viewed that Godard film clip again. Anna Karina is interesting, but the scene is much like other Godard film clips I don't grasp. Even after reading the comments under the video. Here's one comment that may or may not be accurate:

Look at the scene more closely: The gravitas comes from the mention of four or five philosophers, that they are mentioned by an older gentleman who describes himself as being a "writer", he's smoking a cigarette, he speaks with assurance. Therefore, the viewer is bamboozled into thinking there was real substance. Perhaps that's the genius of the scene. It exposes how shallow we can be.
___

Kind of like "existentialism"; there are numerous definitions of the term.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Have at least $1.2 million? Thata s a start tow... Jul 17 BenFranklin99 1
News Say a noa to anti-transgender bathroom initiati... Jun 22 TerriB1 3
News Hundreds gather by County Courthouse for 'Wake ... Jun '17 lynnettle 1
News Competing opinions on Cherry Point development May '17 mike v 1
News UFO Sighting Reports (Sep '10) Feb '17 Adam7875 17
News Linux Sucks (May '14) Feb '17 Pessimistic1 6
News No exploding trucks? Try these weird toysa . (Nov '16) Nov '16 Dr Wu 12

Bellingham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance