Minutemen plan return to border this ...

Minutemen plan return to border this weekend

There are 16 comments on the Bellingham Herald story from Feb 24, 2006, titled Minutemen plan return to border this weekend. In it, Bellingham Herald reports that:

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps plan to return Whatcom County's northern border with Canada this weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bellingham Herald.

Pam

Dravosburg, PA

#1 Feb 25, 2006
I am so sick of hearing that we are going to offend the hispanic population. Just try living in Yakima!! These are not law abiding citizens sneaking in here. You people would freak out if you knew just how much they have exploited every system we have in place from social security to public assistance. I once knew an illegal alien came here murdered someone did 10 yrs in Walla Walla was deported was back in 3 days, stopped in CA bought a new idenity came to Bellingham and got arrested and was in jail for 3 months...they did not even catch the fact he was not who he said he was. And that's only one story of so many. Oh yea, he's back in prision, due to get out this year and be deported, but he's not worried.
Another Ferndale Citizen

Bellingham, WA

#2 Feb 27, 2006
Your post is full of generalizations and racist undertones. Just because a person is hispanic and immigrates here doesn't mean that they are going to promote criminal activity.

it's really sad how ass backwards Washington is.
Cana

Vancouver, Canada

#3 Mar 22, 2007
Not to mention the fact, that the articles topic involves the border with Canada not Mexico.

So please start thinking, before you open your mouth.
Bismark

Seattle, WA

#4 Apr 9, 2007
It is just as important to protect our northern border as it is our southern and perhaps more important.

I understand Pam's frustration and I don't doubt her story, but a softening in her tone might make her posting easier to read for some.

Every country on earth should be able to decide who enters and who leaves.
Cana

Vancouver, Canada

#5 Apr 16, 2007
You think a bunch of people sitting in cars are going to make you safe. Brother, will you people think before you vote. Then you would'nt be so paranoid.
citizen

Bellingham, WA

#6 Apr 16, 2007
good job. keep out the drugs and the illegal aliens.
Bismark

Puyallup, WA

#7 Apr 27, 2007
Cana, if you think the minutemen are just sitting in cars, you are mistaken.

A small group of unarmed citizens watching a border shouldn't offend anyone, unless they are simply against borders altogether, and in that case, becoming our 51st state might have great appeal.
Ex-Republican

United States

#8 Apr 30, 2007
How many of the minutemen speak Canadian?
Cana

Vancouver, Canada

#9 May 1, 2007
Thanks for the offer Bismark, but unless you want to learn to speak Canadian let's leave the border inplace.

So to clarify the roll of the minutemen.
Are they independed of, or do they have an affiliation with the local authority ie neighbourhood block watch.

Do the minutemen have contact with Canadian authorities, or similar thinking Canadians worried about illegal cross-border travel.
Maggie

United States

#10 May 1, 2007
How were you able to track this person? Such a lie. You just made this up. What a good story to make people believe how immigrants are dangerous.
Pam wrote:
I am so sick of hearing that we are going to offend the hispanic population. Just try living in Yakima!! These are not law abiding citizens sneaking in here. You people would freak out if you knew just how much they have exploited every system we have in place from social security to public assistance. I once knew an illegal alien came here murdered someone did 10 yrs in Walla Walla was deported was back in 3 days, stopped in CA bought a new idenity came to Bellingham and got arrested and was in jail for 3 months...they did not even catch the fact he was not who he said he was. And that's only one story of so many. Oh yea, he's back in prision, due to get out this year and be deported, but he's not worried.
Bismark

Seattle, WA

#11 Jun 4, 2007
Dangerous or not-- Illegal Immigrants are criminals and should be treated as such.
Hawaii86

Vancouver, Canada

#12 Aug 11, 2016
Despicable American that Donald trump says to shoot at 5104 francisco court north vancouver
Greg

Bellingham, WA

#13 Oct 4, 2018
Bismark wrote:
Dangerous or not-- Illegal Immigrants are criminals and should be treated as such.
Agree 100%.
Greg

Bellingham, WA

#14 Oct 11, 2018
How does one become a Minuteman Civil Defense Corps. member?
Greg

Bellingham, WA

#15 Monday Nov 19
Ex-Republican wrote:
How many of the minutemen speak Canadian?
Only an Idiot as you would ask a question as such.
Greg

Bellingham, WA

#16 Monday Nov 19
Cana wrote:
Thanks for the offer Bismark, but unless you want to learn to speak Canadian let's leave the border inplace.

So to clarify the roll of the minutemen.
Are they independed of, or do they have an affiliation with the local authority ie neighbourhood block watch.

Do the minutemen have contact with Canadian authorities, or similar thinking Canadians worried about illegal cross-border travel.
Why are you worried? your drama queen leader is inviting them in and putting them up in your hotels at your expense and giving them freebies your own homeless and Veterans don't receive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UFO Sighting Reports (Sep '10) Jul '18 Study 19
News Recall Alert: Over 4,000 pounds of pepperoni st... (Jan '18) Jun '18 Anonymous 3
News Everybody Has a Story: Friendships, appreciatio... (May '18) May '18 vet 2
News It was heard from Everson to Bellingham a " wha... (Apr '18) Apr '18 Chester 1
News Shooting, stabbing at Motel 6 in Ferndale injur... (Mar '18) Mar '18 Debbie 1
Rhonda (Logan/ Strobel) Gaudette (Mar '18) Mar '18 Anonymous 1
News Worker punched after confronting man about odor (Apr '10) Jan '18 Pardon Pard 10

Bellingham Jobs

Personal Finance

Bellingham Mortgages