Lifting of the Veil
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#1 Apr 21, 2012
Finally figured it out! Too funny. Much confusion about this on another thread, couldn't place the Lesley Gore song "It's Gotta Be You" with the correct french singer. But having just discovered the Lesley Gore video, realized this is it:

Michele Torr - Moi, Je Serais Lá

video by noma35
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#2 Apr 21, 2012
Compare to:

LESLEY GORE - It's gotta be you

video by giuser56

--Very, very funny. Love that song. Don't know why a comment under Lesley Gore video explains the song never went anywhere for her. It's a great sounding song. Some of the confusion is that the French title Michele Torr translates as "Me, I'll Be There".
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#3 Apr 21, 2012
Only took a month to figure it out! Was writing about on 'Juxtapose This With lady Gaga' thread a month ago.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#4 Apr 21, 2012
And...

Lesley Gore - Goodbye Tony (You Don't Own Me)

video by Snookiebutt

....is in French a cover by Christine Chartrand: Je Ne Sais Plus.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#5 Apr 21, 2012
That video by Michele Torr - Moi, Je Serais Lá video by noma35--
doesn't pull up so easy anymore. It's better than Lesley Gore's though as Michele Torr sings it with more enthusiasm, more exuberantly.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#6 Apr 21, 2012
Bummer. Michele Torr - Moi, Je Serais Lá
won't pull up at all now.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#7 Apr 21, 2012
Someone had commented under that video--Moi, Je Serais La--that it was "recorded in the USA by Lesley Gore entitled It's Gotta Be You", but was unable to find the lesley Gore version until today when happening upon it.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#8 Apr 22, 2012
The Michele Torr video comes up straight away today. Don't know why it was malfunctioning yetsreday. The best part is at the end when she goes, "Oui! Je Serais Lá!" (Either, "Yes! I'll be there!" or "Yes! It's Gotta be you!"). It's more cheerful than Lesley Gore, though the Gore clip is funny too what with being from the 1965 film "Girls on the Beach". Out of synch, but that may have been the clip, or that there was alot of lip synching back then.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#9 Apr 22, 2012
Ran them through online translation, looks like comments under the Michele Torr video ask who wrote the title and reply is they're written by Mr. Barkan, Claus Ogerman and Mya Simile. So maybe the song was redone in French with different meaning. Similar to what was done with "Je Ne Sais Plus" maybe. They gave them a French spin.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#10 Apr 22, 2012
More "cheerful" isn't the right word. Michele Torr's version is better, but hard to find the right word to describe it.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#11 Apr 23, 2012
Very, very funny....

Jenny Rock - Le sloopy

video by Jackretro
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#12 Apr 24, 2012
lol...Jenny Rock's "Walking the Dog" and "Boum, Boum, Boum" are really funny too. Bet Big Mama Thornton would give a thumbs up!
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#13 Apr 24, 2012
Jenny Rock has a website. Looks like she's from Quebec, Canada.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#14 Apr 24, 2012
The original:

Jenny Rock - "Le Sloopy" (1966)(Everbody do the Sloopy)

video by fenicnarfabc

Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#15 Apr 24, 2012
Here's one more by jenny Rock--looks pretty early on, 1961 or so?

Jenny Rock - Douliou Dou St Tropez

video by androusmore
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#16 Apr 24, 2012
No, it has a large 65 on beginning of the video, maybe that means 1965. Real French ye-ye; very enjoyable.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#17 Apr 24, 2012
This one's really good too....very funny--all of them, they make you laugh:

Jenny Rock - Le train pour Memphis - 1968

video by djdedales
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#18 May 1, 2012
Jenny Rock - "À go go" (1967)

video by fenicnarfabc
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#19 May 1, 2012
This was gone from YouTube for quite a long time. It is one of the very most favorite of all I've found in over three years of viewing YouTube. It happened to be one of the first one's found. Co-written by Michel Berger, France Gall's late husband--he died at an early age:

France Gall - 1979 - Monopolis (Starmania)-

video by HD MrPAUL7459
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

#20 May 5, 2012
This is good...Carmen Villani waves her hands in front of her face similar to the way she does in "Se"; must have been a signature move of hers:

Carmen Villani - Il sole delle tre.avi

video by PsicoMauri

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Medical examinera s office identifies human sku... May 26 binaries 1
Review: Complete Auto Repair Service (Apr '11) May 6 CARS4724 7
News Longview coal terminal environmental review rel... May 4 kalamamike 1
News Bellingham man sentenced to 9 months for 2013 rape May 3 TinMan 1
Aiming for Podium Finish in World Cup Alpine Do... Apr '16 NimbusSkier 1
News Measles cases show up in Metro Vancouver (Jun '13) Mar '16 Lizzy Gingerich 2
News Bellingham house uses the sun for heat, water, ... Mar '16 Lizzy Gingerich 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellingham Mortgages