Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

From NIH page (National Institutes of Health):

Y State Dent J. 1989 Nov;55(9):46, 48, 50-2.
Lyme disease misdiagnosed as TMJ syndrome. A case report.

Lader E.

Abstract

Due to the high incidence of Lyme disease, the ease with which it can be misdiagnosed, and its potential for causing irreversible neurologic or cardiac complications and fatalities if left untreated, all patients living in known epidemic areas who manifest intractable facial pain, or what appears to be a case of temporomandibular joint syndrome that does not respond to therapy should be tested for Lyme Borelliosis. It should be remembered however, that not all patients with active Lyme disease produce antibodies, and it is thus imperative for the clinician to obtain a detailed patient history with a focused series of questions directed at the known presentations of the disease, with specific emphasis placed on the prior appearance of an ECM lesion.

PMID: 2812630 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I was diagnosed w/Lyme disease 6/14/2001 after large red rash (EM) followed tick bite 10 days previous. Prescribed Doxycycline antibiotic; four days later woke up with numbness in hands forearms--felt like MS or soemthing. A mutitude of symptoms began then and have continued ever since (some relapsing/remitting). TMJ latest symptom. Have had it on and off, lately it is more constant and severe. Loud popping of left jaw as it meets the ear area when eating/opening mouth. Painful popping. Numbness in all four limbs more consistent, especially right arm/leg lately, and particularly triggered by sleep. Vertigo, etc., etc. Interesting that NIH states Lyme disease can be fatal. I think CDC and IDSA states it rarely is.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

This is a really good b/w video:

MILVA - Tango Italiano -

video by roquitoyyo
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Btw, it's often seemed like the doxycycline was the cause of all these CNS symptoms and perhaps not ongoing Lyme disease. If the latter, IV ceftriaxone was suppose to have been used to treat but never was. Have gone over all this many times. Still don't know.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Just foudn another good one...funny:

Milva - Blu spanish eyes

video by texvinrot
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Haven't viewed in a long time--super enjoyable--I'll post the other one that goes along with it as well:

Gigliola Cinquetti e Giorgio Gaber - Le strade di notte

video by swing52a
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Gigliola Cinquetti- Quando passo il ponte con te (1964)

video by swing52a
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

This is great...love the Italian songs when they cut to the violins:

MILVA - Il mare nel cassetto

video by giuser56
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Wow. Just found another very enjoyable San Remo (1965) performance by Milva. Tried numerous times a year or so ago and hadn't found videos of Milva that appealed. But this time around have found many:

Sanremo 1965 - 03 Vieni con noi - Milva / Berna Spier .avi

video by SAMA45100
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

That's an excellent performance. Viewing it over and over. Very, very enjoyable. Ornella Vanoni has another similar to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Bellingham News Video

•••
Bellingham Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bellingham Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Bellingham People Search