Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Emphasizing freedom and liberty out of context of the Constitution is another reason we have lax DUI laws. We need much stricter laws to deter driving under the influence. Countries that have severe punishment for DUI do not tolerate the carnage we do. Why is this? Because those that emphasize freedom and liberty out of context tyrannize the system; "Don't Tread On Me", etc.

A similar thing is occurring with legalization of marijuana. Emphasizing the freedom and liberty to choose means once marijuana is legalized and taxed as a capitalist commodity more and more people will be disqualified from serving in the USAF. Once recreational use of marijuana becomes commonplace as alcohol, imagine trying to find an enlistee who has no prior use of alcohol (or less than 15X). There won't be very many. USAF will then have to lower its standards and accept individuals formerly denied as psychologically unfit to serve. This means the USAF will be less sound of mind and strong of body. So then, if fighting to make marijuana more pervasive in society (in the name of freedom and liberty, again, taken out of context) is not outright treason, it's clearly unpatriotic.

Or at least that's the argument I'm using to defend against accusations I'm an unConstitutional villain for denying people's freedom and liberty by opposing marijuana legalization and taxation as a capitalist commodity.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Just found a cool (YouTube) video:

Jennifer - Qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire ?

gusyverdetv
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Funny: "Qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire?" translates "What do you care?"
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

The video Jennifer - Qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire ?
by jackretro is good too.

I don't know what it has to do with the topic here but wanted to put it up for future reference. That's a really good one.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Firts time I've smiled since all that harassment the other day in Haggen's. How fun to find these two video versions--they're both excellent. tneding at first right now to go with the b/w vesrion where Jennifer is framed by the leaves. Awesome!

But then....Qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire?

lol
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Jennifer brought to mind Bulgarian singer Lili Ivanova; here's a really good one by her:

"Lili Ivanova Eternity live 1974"

Here's another one by Jennifer, it's pretty funny though the song is not an especially catchy tune:

Jennifer - La mélodie

video by gusyverdetv
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Best video version of that Lili Ivanova mentioned above:

&#1051;&#1048;&#10 51;&#1048; &#1048;&#1042;&#10 40;&#1053;&#1054;& #1042;&#1040; - &#1042;&#1045;&#10 63;&#1053;&#1054;& #1057;&#1058; (1974) LILI IVANOVA - ETERNITY

video by lilifanclub
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

All those numbers (in above post)*were* Bulgarian words in the title when posting. Guess this forum doesn't do Bulgarian. It's about the third video down on YouTube search of "Lili Ivanova Eternity live 1974".
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

The outdoorsy framing with leaves in Jennifer - Qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire? was also used around that time (1967) with Christine Delaroche in Une Fleur, and in this one (during the fourth song where Michele Torr is rowing the rowboat):

Michèle TORR 4 grandes chansons 1964/65/67

Btw, the Christine Delaroche Une Fleur video now has the Dim Dam Dom video in the sidebar (a fun video which includes Christine Delaroche).
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Jennifer's "La melodie" video is actually quite good...it didn't grab me first viewing like Qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire" did, but viewed again and it's very enjoyable. Coincidentally (see post above comparing Jennifer to Lili Ivanova), a comment below it refers to Bulgaria:

"I have four EP's from Jennifer. 1 was released in Romania and 3 in Bulgaria.&#65279; It was in the late 60's, but never before or after I had no notion that there's a fantastic singer in France like she. The twelve tunes I have are my all time favourites (e.g.: People, Broadway, Paramaribo, Mais qu'est-ce que ça peut vois faire?, Blue Bolero, Jusqu'au prochain soleil etc.), and all are digitalized and copied on CD. Maybe she is Canadian. Does anybody know more information on Jennifer?"
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Fantastic song:

J'ai brulé ta lettre - Michèle TORR - inédit !

video by ViolaDivine
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

I prefer Jennifer's cover, but this is quite good too (the slow sax works well)--looks like from around the same time--1967 or so:

Christine Chartrand - Mais qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire (1967)

video by bespin
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Looks like Christine Chartrand has a cover of Un Premier Amour. I prefer Isabelle Aubret's cover, but this too is pretty good:

Christine Chartrand- Un premier amour (1967)

video by bespin
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

I just spoke at City Council meeting on the threads topic (marijuana disqualifying one from USAF enlistment, etc.). The Public Comment sign in sheet had me signed up first to speak, followed by a man speaking on the Park system, and the next speaker speaking about the coal issue.

However, the Council had "Leonard Linstrom" speak right after me, even though he was not signed up to speak then. It was in order to mock my comments, with Linstrom referring to my being publicly humiliated (harassment) as "socila problems" he was willing to help me with, etc. And his referring to Ronald Reagan as a means of mockery concerning the "war on drugs", ie., Reagan's "just say no" campaign.

That was out of order. And at other meetings, my comments have been muted--the sound muted when broadcast on BTV 10.

Etc.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

That's interesting.'Ready Steady Girls' explains Michele Torr submitted 'J'ai brulé ta lettre' for Eurovision in 1966 along with 'Ce soir je t'attendais'.'J'ai brulé ta lettre' wasn't selected so she used 'Ce Soir Je T'attendais' while representing Luxembourg at Eurovision.

I like both songs very much.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

I love Jennifer's dramatic presence and delivery in Qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire?, but continue to listen to "Christine Chartrand - Mais qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire (1967)" as that slow tempo works excellently, and Christine's voice really stays with me.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah, it's perfect (Christine Chartrand - Mais qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire (1967).
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

The Christine Chartrand version includes "Mais" in the title, giving it somewhat different meaning:

Mais qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire (1967)

"But what does it matter to you?"

So unsure what the song is really about; unable to find the lyrics in order to attempt online translation.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Too funny...found the lyrics online (singer Natalie Simard--don't know if they are the same lyrics but seem pretty close as much as I can tell), translated:

yes
He returned
Tonight at home
yes
I closed my eyes
Once again
He had gone
Gone forever
It did not last
His new love

{Refrain:}
But what do you care to you {3x} If I like it

yes
He returned
Without a regret
yes
And I forgave
That, that I knew
You can laugh
Show me the finger
I can not live
When he is not there

{Chorus, Music}

Oh (oh oh)

{Chorus x2}

I like it
I like it
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

They must have been playing games. Sheila's 'Adios Amor' preceded 'Mais qu'est-ce que ça peut vous faire'; Adios took the high ground (a comemnt under one of Sheila's videos explains):

"The song is in french. It says
Until then my love! I am leaving tonight because it is best that we don't see each other again. Don't try to keep me from doing so. Until then my my love, let me go. The verse says I am in love with you but I have no right to dream of being yours someday, considering you have a wedding band on your finger. I am not adventurous enough, nor could I ever live with myself knowing that I would purposely be hurting someone else."

jandjlove2005 10 months ago

_____

Sheila's song is a classic. I really like the video "Sheila Adios Amor et Tout le monde aime danser dans Tilt"--both songs are really good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Bellingham Forum right now

Search the Bellingham Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
cult reportedly in Sedro-Wooley (Jun '10) 22 hr Livedit 27
Review: JBC Concrete Construction Apr 17 roy artubis 1
EU moves to sanction more Russians over Ukraine Apr 16 rio 19
wwu Apr 15 Kreskin 1
Review: Copper Mountain Real Estate (Apr '09) Apr 14 Sunday 29
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... Apr 13 waleed sadat 249
Washington planning for pot-shop license lotteries Apr 8 Bizsetup 1
•••
•••