RI Police Questioned About Response I...

RI Police Questioned About Response In Murder

There are 6 comments on the Cbs4boston.com story from May 9, 2006, titled RI Police Questioned About Response In Murder. In it, Cbs4boston.com reports that:

Savannah Smith's parents say they called Woonsocket police after seeing their daughter in the company of a neighbor, Joshua Davis.Savannah's parents had refused to give Davis permission to take Savannah for ice ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs4boston.com.

Mary Gaulin

Omaha, NE

#1 May 10, 2006
Our family has lived across the street from the Smith Family through generations on Coe Street. They were immediate neighbors of ours for many years, and through generations. Based upon what the media provides for information, how the Amber alert was not issued, shows a serious defect in the criteria for the actual alert to be initiated. Also, I have to wonder if the person commiting the crime had any prior history, or convictions, of this nature. If so, this is clearly a blatant error of law enforcement to warn people, and "protect and serve"!!!! The criteria to act immediately based upon the actual individual circumstances, as opposed to a designated "SET" of criteria to issue the Amber alert, shows the SERIOUS FLAW in the system!!!! Perhaps revision in criteria to issue the alert is in dire need of change? Law enforcement needs to TRULY LISTEN to parents who are the best judges as to what is the norm for their child's activities, and whereabouts!!!! Most importantly to ACT upon the situation!!!! It truly is a tragedy what has happened to this little girl. I can't help but wonder if there was a "slip up" on some level. If nothing else, I hope to God this will be a wakeup call, and that positive, proactive, changes may occur. CHANGE THE CRITERIA!!!!!! Maybe your own child's life may be saved! Someone has to take action at some level of law enforcement. Otherwise, a little girl has cruelly, and prematurely, died in vain! My hope is this E-mail reaches the Woonsocket Chief of Police. Get real about what is REALLY happening in Woonsocket, and ACT ON IT!!!!! Mary K. Gaulin
Karissa S

Vancouver, Canada

#2 May 10, 2006
I knew savannah and it is very sad how things happened! I heard about her murder through a friend. Please take care. Im very sorry!
kaf

Portsmouth, NH

#3 May 11, 2006
My heart bleeds for the loss of this beautiful little girl ... evil lurks all around us ... the sad fact is that law enforcement, regardless of the State, will always find justification to cover their "errors" and "inept" handling of the
most obvioius situations ... unfortunately, at the personl expense of the innocent ....the system is a joke .....
Faith

Enfield, CT

#4 May 11, 2006
I dated Joshua Davis on and off for years 5 years ago. He was abusive and I always thought something was wrong in his head. I got word this morning of what happened and I thought my heart was going to stop. I saw a picture of him in cuffs and he still looks the same 5 years later. If I can help with anything, testifying, statements, anything, I need to know how to help. I am devestated over this matter and always knew he would do something terribly wrong. God Bless her family. If you know how I can help or would like to vent or talk in any way....[email protected]
jordan

Manchester, CT

#6 Mar 30, 2007
she is fine and doesnt need you
jordan

Manchester, CT

#7 Mar 30, 2007
the parents never saw the girl leave with davis i wonder where do the lies begin and where will they end they did not then call police the police were not called for several hours after the father new the girl was with that boy whats truth and whats lies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doherty family of Franklin a heartbrokena over ... May '17 Jesus Mohammad Ch... 2
News Accused Bellingham rapist accidentally released (Jan '07) Apr '17 Qwitjabitchen 2
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Apr '17 Butch Cassidy 13
Dean Dash 5k Feb '17 Dean College 1
Haunted Halloween trail (Sep '16) Sep '16 Sam 1
News 'Burn every single ni**er!': This is how Trump ... (Aug '16) Aug '16 alleycat 2
News Mendon police officer files US suit alleging an... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Cleef 1

Bellingham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellingham Mortgages