Woman found fatally shot in Bellflower

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

A woman was found fatally shot in Bellflower, and the killer was at large today.
Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HLM

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Does anybody know the woman's name?
Waterlily

South El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

HLM wrote:
Does anybody know the woman's name?
Martha Payton
No One

South El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

How was this an accident? Sure wish more info was known. Did she shoot herself on accident or did someone else come forward to explain what happened? Guess we'll have to just wait and see.
Ebony

Fort Lee, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

This is my aunt who you guys are talking about ! seriously i dont apreciate it !!!! ; our family is recovering ; it had nothing to do w. drugs ; she was married to this guy ! so be quiet & stay in your places
leroy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

What really happened then? First story is killer at large now accidentally shot by husband?
Willie Free

Culver City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

This is my baby sister,she was accidently shot, our family is grieving,and her husband loved her dearly. you people should get a life, cause hers is gone to be ever present with her lord and savior.
Friend of Martha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

Ms. Payton was an awesome person and never made any mention of having anything other than a doting husband. We are all grieving, both friends and co-workers. Our students have made a mural to honor her. She was an awesome and well-respected educator. Her family should be respected because they release the news for the public as an accidental death. She will always be remembered with great admiration and respect. God Bless all who are interested to know.
Crystal Payton

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

this is her daughter and if you guys think this is somthing funny and to joke about its not so please just keep her name and my family's names out of you guys mouths if your just going to put lies on here p.s. it was accidental it wasn't relatated to drugs, hatred or any of that sort we loved her and so did my father, he wouldn't do something like that to someone he loved and was so dear to his heart
martha niece

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

well said uncle wille.
the media will twist a story just to make headlines and the world will gather bits and pieces of a story and run with it. People are going to want to know what happend, who did it, we need more details. My question to you is why the details of a tragic event so important and a must know. Why not ask what kind of person was martha what did she do for a living, what was she like, what did she like to do for fun, what made her happy what church did she attend. But no the world is not like that nor is the media stating false accusations about the event that happend. was that editor there at the location on that thrusday night or was what person in the hospital with us until 5am the next morning griving over our loved one and standing by her beauityful kids side and her griving mother no he or she wasnt. While reading other peoples comments about my auntie I really wanted to just blast very body but being a christian i had to gather my thoughts and not get up set because it is not your faults nor your rights to know what happened you are only feed what the media is giving you not actuall facts. no one but her friends and family knows who our Mrs. Payton is and forever will be in our hearts. My auntie is the the image of a reall black woman.
martha niece

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

crystal its Brittany, people will never understand all we can do is pray for them. It is very brave of you to speak up for uncle he is going through a lot and some people don't know what it feels like as a young lady to loose a mother. So we can not be upset at what people will say. Since we are a black family the media and the rest of the world will put extras to the story. But our family is to strong and we have to much love for one another to let outsiders get us all worked up and upset. We come from a reall strong background of parents and grandparents, uncles, aunties, cusins sisters and brothers. We will over come this trust in the lord with all your heart. Through him all things are possible!
Educator at CMS

Gardena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

Maratha was my dear colleague. She was such a delightful person. Always smiling. I mean the biggest grin would always welcome you when you came into her midst. We, her co-workers will truly miss her but are so blessed to have had her as a part of our staff for this short while. My condolences to her family and especially to her graduating 8th graders who are so terribly distraught. God be with us all as we search for understanding.
Staff member

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

Mrs. Payton is a beautiful gentle loving wife and mother that was looking forward to her 8th class culuinate and also her own children.
Please pray for all of us whose life she touched.
She was always smiling and her class loved and adored her.

My heart goes out to the family and friends. It is a great loss.

I have been praying non-stop for your strength, this is truly a shock. She was so young.
Staff member

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

Crystal Payton wrote:
this is her daughter and if you guys think this is somthing funny and to joke about its not so please just keep her name and my family's names out of you guys mouths if your just going to put lies on here p.s. it was accidental it wasn't relatated to drugs, hatred or any of that sort we loved her and so did my father, he wouldn't do something like that to someone he loved and was so dear to his heart
Sweeheart you and your sister to continue to do well in school. Just know that I am praying for your family non-stop.Make her proud and take care of your family.
Gabriela Forbes

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

I didn't get the chance to really get close to her, and now it's too late. I have only know wonders about her. She was my sister and I will always love her. RIP Martha
Crystal and Chris, to strong XOXOXOXO
Bradley Family

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

I didn't get the chance to meet her but my parents have. Reading this i can see she was a loving and wonderful person. The husband is like a uncle to me and my family has known him for +years, it hurts us to know this has happened and our hearts go out to you guys. We have been wanting to know if theres anything we can do, my mom terry has been wanting to come by since she talked to him and give her support and helping hand but understands this is time for family. If there is anything needed please contact me at my email

tarii_says@yahoo.com
-The bradley family
Jackie White

Silverado, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

I am a life long friend of husband, he love her very much and i know it was an accident there's no doubt in my mind and i was not there. he's in alot of pain right now please be easy on him. love you life long friend stay strong....RIP MARTHA...
khloe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Her husband did that and anybody that think other wise is crazy ass hell
No One wrote:
How was this an accident? Sure wish more info was known. Did she shoot herself on accident or did someone else come forward to explain what happened? Guess we'll have to just wait and see.
Parent of CMS Student

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

To the Payton and Free family
Just wanted to express my sincerest condolocenses for your loss.
My daughter who is a eight grade student at CMS came home upset and told me about the shooting as did my co-worker Larry Brown who goes to the same church as you guys. My family will continue to keep your entire family in our prayers and I want to say your mother will truly be missed my daughter was quite fond of her and the way she taught.
God Bless
khloe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Her husband did that and anybody that think otherwise is crazy ass hell even her family ain't no way a gun shot to the fuckin head was an accident.and in that case why was it said that her 10year old son did it that just didn't sound rite at all saying that it happen at the gun range first of all he's to young to even be in a place like that I mean why lie with 2or3 different stories if was SUPPOSE to be an accident.
friend_veronica - nessa

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

I just want her to know that if there is anything you need my family is here for you. I am here for you..
and to all of those that are wondering what happen who did it trying to figure it all out..just STOP it is not your business and only GOD knows and that is between GOD and that person. put all that energy into praying for Crystal and her brother and the family. I can't imagine what they are going through right now but I will do my best to be there for my friend. You are in our prayers...your mom was a great person.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Bellflower News Video

•••
•••

Bellflower Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bellflower People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE