Judge Blocks Nebraska Flag Law

Judge Blocks Nebraska Flag Law

There are 1 comment on the The Dam Station story from Sep 3, 2010, titled Judge Blocks Nebraska Flag Law. In it, The Dam Station reports that:

In the ruling, U.S. District Judge Richard Kopf says the law can't be applied so long as church members "otherwise act peacefully while desecrating the American or Nebraska flag." Megan Phelps-Roper filed the lawsuit in July, claiming the state law violated her right to free speech.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Dam Station.

Michael Ejercito

Hacienda Heights, CA

#1 Sep 7, 2010
The judge made the right call on this case. The Supreme Court had struck down general bans on flag desecration in Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397, and only the Supreme Court may overrule its own precedents (De Quijas v. Shearson, 490 U.S. 477, State Oil Co. v. Khan, 522 U.S. 3).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellevue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Jan '11) 14 min Princess Hey 69
Zo's Jul 14 Jmac44 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Jul 12 grape vine 53
looking for druid and pagan groups in omaha area (Nov '13) Jul 2 laura sweany 2
Review: Rally Motorsports (Apr '15) Jun '17 Dan 10
News 2 arrested for teen sex trafficking operation i... (Sep '16) Nov '16 Stephany McDowell 4
Gary Johnson for president (Oct '16) Oct '16 Defektor 1

Bellevue Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellevue Mortgages