Convicted of child sexual assault, horse-riding teacher maintai...

He was a rising star in Bellevue, an enthusiastic community advocate and gifted horse handler who taught riding and life skills to children through his Barebacks and Bells club. Full Story
Clean cutter

Omaha, NE

#63 Nov 5, 2009
Thank you. That was pretty hilarious.
Mitzy

Lincoln, NE

#64 Apr 21, 2010
Mr Putz isnt a bad person I would know this because Im in his horse club, so please stop with the stupid comments(:

xoxo, Mitzz C:
Kenny

Omaha, NE

#65 Aug 2, 2010
False confessions are actually far more common than you would believe, even for crimes such as rape and murder. Psychologists have studied this extensively. Police Departments are not particularly well-known for integrity and honesty. From all I've heard from BBB and ex-BBB members, Putz is innocent and the girl had a motivation to lie (which was already stated here earlier).

http://truth.boisestate.edu/jcaawp/9901/9901....
rider

Marquette, MI

#66 Aug 2, 2010
this story proves how money and power contol media and because of that,corruption is hard to fight. I cannot begin to guess how much of this story is truth and untruth, but I can venture to guess that alot of it has been eggagerated into to make the truth harder to find, which than helps the story fade away. Boy's Town Abuse!Peculiar Ties Connect Boys Town to CIA. Although the national media have focused on pedophilia and abuse committed by Catholic priests in the Boston area ...
www.jesus-is-savior.com/.../boys_town_abuse.h... - Cached - Similar
lori

Des Moines, IA

#67 Aug 2, 2010
rider wrote:
this story proves how money and power contol media and because of that,corruption is hard to fight. I cannot begin to guess how much of this story is truth and untruth, but I can venture to guess that alot of it has been eggagerated into to make the truth harder to find, which than helps the story fade away. Boy's Town Abuse!Peculiar Ties Connect Boys Town to CIA. Although the national media have focused on pedophilia and abuse committed by Catholic priests in the Boston area ...
www.jesus-is-savior.com/.../boys_town_abuse.h... - Cached - Similar
You're a one trick pony. Ypu can't add anything substantive so you post the same crap over and over.
non of ur bizz

Omaha, NE

#68 Nov 4, 2010
iv been going to this club sence i was 7 and am now 12 i see nothen about him to worry about ps my favorite horse is flicka a tennessy walker!
saharasnow

Washington, DC

#69 Feb 3, 2011
We were apart of Barebacks & Bells for 3 years, 2002-2006 prior to our move. We were there 1-2 days a week most weeks of the spring, summer and fall. Many, many parents stayed with their children. In fact most parents either rode with their children or walked along side leading while they learned. It was not a club for just girls either as some put it. There were also boys there as well. All the children received lessons on safety first, then how to approach a horse, how to bridle a horse, ways to dismount & mount the horse, as well as learning how to feed and groom the horses. The rule was you had to assist in their care before or after you rode or you did not get to ride. Pretty straight forward stuff.

I always stayed and rode with my daughter and there were other "instructors" besides Mr. Putz.
I never saw anything inappropriate. I was obviously not there when the incident took place so I do not know the truth and the only people that do are the ones involved.

It is a wonderful club, great experiences and we never had any issues. Based on the article, where I do not agree with his story altogether it is not necessarily for us to judge. That said I'd like to see people not bashing this club unless you have first hand negative experiences with them.
With or without Mr Putz the club was still a great one. We enjoyed riding and learning all about horses.
i love flicka

Bellevue, NE

#70 Feb 26, 2011
my name is denae and im 13 years old iv been rideing with mr.putz for 7 years,thers a tennessy walker thar named flicka i love her more than life its self! yet even tho iv been alone with mr.puts several times hes never done or tryed any thing and iv been learning more from him then at school i think he sets a good exsample
for kids to fight for what you beleve in and to keep trying even when all hope seems to be lost,hees a both a good friend a good rider and a good teacher i think thatt you guys shood give him a little credit for what hes done so far,for me and for the clud
i love flicka

Bellevue, NE

#71 Feb 26, 2011
my names denae and iv been going to this club sence i was 7 and am now 13 i see nothen about him to worry about ps my favorite horse is flicka a tennessy walker!
unknown nebraska

Omaha, NE

#72 May 30, 2011
i have known mr putz for around 6 years now ... and he has slapped young ladies butts ... and says sexual comments i never beleived that he did what he was acused untill recently . he has also sexualy harrased a person in the club scence i have know him . she wont come out cause she is scared . and i feel bad for her . i wish he wasnt part of the club
Wade

Boys Town, NE

#73 Jul 11, 2011
@ desprate mom is you are still looking to join you can look us up on facebook

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

#74 Jul 11, 2011
Wade wrote:
@ desprate mom is you are still looking to join you can look us up on facebook
why? why would anyone want to?????
Candy

United States

#75 Aug 13, 2011
@unknown nebraska: I know Mr. Putz and I have no doubt that what you are saying is true. I am sure that he is a much worse person than you know. He is nothing more than a creep that holds his power because he only deals with children who love horses who might not be able to be around horses otherwise. He is not just part of the club. He runs and controls the club. You cannot be part of the club without him being involved. PLEASE report what he is doing and convince his victim to report this to the police or anyone in authority who will listen. Please report what you know for the sake of other children.
Anna

United States

#78 Nov 16, 2011
Anything about this seem like Jerry Sandusky's Second Mile?
mickey

Omaha, NE

#79 Nov 22, 2011
We are all family and thts. All I have to say on the subject
meinomaha

Omaha, NE

#80 Nov 28, 2011
Are we judging without knowing?
Have you driven by a junior high lately?
some of these young girls look much older..and they know it!

So..who do we judge?
More than 1 girl harmed

Peoria, AZ

#81 Jan 5, 2012
The young lady that came forward, was not the only one that was molested by this man. I have a signed statement that there was at least one other victim, and though she is an adult now, she was touched inappropriately by this man as recently as Summer 2011. She complains about it but continues to go back. I don't understand why. I mean I know why she likes the club in general, but I don't understand why she continues to be offended by this sick man. All I can say is keep your children safe at home and away from this man.
Candy

United States

#82 Jan 5, 2012
Putz is the protoype serial offender. PLEASE, PLEASE someone else have the courage to report the abuse. Although Putz takes measures to make himself appear distanced from this club by putting others "in charge", he owns and controls every aspect of it. Also, in light of what was going on with Jerry Sandusky's Second Mile, someone please try to explain why Putz is legally allowed to continue and why there is not community outrage.
bbb

Independence, MO

#83 Oct 25, 2012
definitely a predator...no way to pretty it up...
bbb

Independence, MO

#84 Oct 25, 2012
bbb wrote:
definitely a predator...no way to pretty it up...
...but im just going on what I read...I really don't know the man.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellevue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Immigration - Omaha, NE (Jun '10) Dec 14 Joe smoo 13
Art notes (Apr '14) Dec 11 Trvo 2
Review: Auto Bath House Dec 11 Tyrone 14
Review: Mattress Peddler (Nov '08) Dec 8 cruisepiyer 46
Marquette official chosen as Creighton president Dec 8 Being Dri9ven Away 1
Police Arrest Store Manager Who Claimed She Was... Dec 6 Investigate Fraud 2
Woman who claimed wedding ring stolen arrested Dec 6 Investigate Fraud 1
Bellevue Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bellevue People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bellevue News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bellevue

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:27 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:27PM
Chiefs' draft picks starting to produce late - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:41 PM
Norv Turner: It's pretty incredible to me what Teddy Bridgewater has done this season
Bleacher Report 4:17 PM
Previewing Vikings vs. Dolphins
Bleacher Report 4:32 AM
Chiefs' Week 16 Preview vs. Steelers
NBC Sports 6:29 AM
Taped calls show very strong effort to get Peterson to show up for NFL meeting