Union may be tapped for closure: Decl...

Union may be tapped for closure: Declining Brown enrollment may force ...

There are 1 comment on the Lewistown Sentinel story from Dec 17, 2007, titled Union may be tapped for closure: Declining Brown enrollment may force .... In it, Lewistown Sentinel reports that:

“I didn't think the issue was dead, but I was surprised it was brought up that soon”

It is deja vu for parents of Union Elementary pupils, as a suggestion to close the school has come up as a result of district budget talks, members of an advocacy group said Sunday. via Lewistown Sentinel

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lewistown Sentinel.

j barry diffenderfer

Johnstown, OH

#1 Mar 21, 2008
This is a recurring subject in this community - the closing of the local elementary school which is now a few miles down the road in Belleville Pa. A few years ago Allensville also had an elementary school. That was closed and residents allowed the kids to be bussed to Belleville, which was really not too far away for most of us. Now Mifflin County School is proposing to close the Belleville Elementary and bus everyone still further away into nearby Lewistown. So far local protest has put off the school board decision.
The community just completed a very nice new public library next to the elementary school which is available to everyone, especially the kids. To take our grade school away is a slap in the face that outrages many of our residents. It has not helped that we recently lost our biggest industry, NH Chase Farm Equip. We lost a lot of jobs here. So there is contreversy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please help bring Shane home Oct 24 Jessica 1
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) Sep '17 bill 345
News Derry asked to help fund road project Aug '17 Hoyman99 1
Sleeping CO back to work???? (May '15) May '17 Alby17944 19
Mifflin County Deadbeat parents (Oct '14) Apr '17 What a joke 3
News Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Feb '17 air max shoes 26
Bar flys and street girls (Jan '17) Jan '17 Matt Houser 1

Belleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belleville Mortgages