Since: Sep 13

Stafford, VA

#42 Sep 29, 2013
Don't try to cover the guilty one is all I can say.
dana

Du Bois, PA

#43 Nov 3, 2013
FIGHTING MOM AND WINNING wrote:
I have a special needs daughter myself. CYS tried many of the things everyone else is talking about on this post. I fought many of the GOV. agencies in Lewistown area and have won, many of you probably know me. or guessed who I am. There is a lot of corruption in this town and it needs to be stopped. Our family is not wealthy but we received help from a lawyer in Harrisburg, she worked with us and also recieved payment from some of these agencies. As parents we need to stick together. My daughter is severe autism, we love her so much. They harassed us daily until I came out fighting. I would not allow those people to do anymore damage to my family. If anyone is interested in the lawyer I got please respond to this post thanks
.......I need help blair county cys is impossible to jump thru there hoops. One right by me or my husband equals 19 new bads and they won't stop. There reports are not accurate we pass all the drug tests counseling etc and our home is well suitable. They drag this on and on and the mother in law wants my baby I am starting to lose sight of what is really going on. The appointed attorney is on cys board for children. He is not even available or any help. Please help me. Dd

Since: Sep 13

Brooklyn, NY

#44 Nov 14, 2013
Yes plz send me all information you can.thank you.ill pray for your family also.
Then what

Harrisburg, PA

#45 Jan 18, 2014
Then what

Harrisburg, PA

#46 Jan 18, 2014
This is the result of children having children,some that was never fit to have them. For these people to say the CYS is a for profit business, you better look at the other side, these children are having children for the benefits, food stamps, checks, and medical care. Add another child and get a bigger check.
anonymous

Mountville, PA

#47 Jan 18, 2014
and at the end of the big "investigation" you are just bad parents...
Frustrated

Lewistown, PA

#48 Jan 18, 2014
Biological parent(s) always needs to find fault somewhere since they are "never" the ones that neglect or abuse their child(ren). CYS, FICS, Bear Foundation, Families United do their jobs. They give the biological parent(s) more credit then some of them deserve. They clearly state that their primary goal is reunification. They fund the parent(s) to take classes for whatever reason. They're in their homes providing parenting skills, its up to the parent(s) how much they do or don't want the help. Court is every 5 months. They review everything good and bad then the judge decides the childs welfare of either staying in their foster home, going to a family member, or going home. Kinship care is the primary focus if the child(ren) can't be with their parents. Alot of investigating goes into where they place the child(ren). No matter where they are placed that family has to go through extensive background checks (finger printing, local, state & federal background checks, financial records, home checks, reference checks, etc). Yes the caregiver(s) gets a DAILY allowence to care for the child(ren), its less then a dollar an hour and has to provide a monthly clothing and chore allowence. The caregiver(s) can use the rest of the money for the child(ren) living expenses (food, dance classes, karate, swimming lessons, toys, baby supplies, etc). They are caring for your child(ren) just like you would be however you can sleep at night while they're walking the floor with your sick baby or helping your teenager finish a project. While you are cleaning your house, becoming sober, coming clean, trying to fix a broken relationship, whatever the situation your child(ren) are removed try to build a relationship with their caregiver(s) instead of finding fault in them, they didn't take your child(ren), they're protecting them, loving them, giving them their needs while you can't.
Anonymous

United States

#51 Jan 30, 2014
These ppl are not children having children some of them are very good parents.you ppl who are placing bad comments on here should be ashamed of yourself and what your county has become especially CYS.im not involved with CYS or ever have been and don't wanna be considering some of the stories I've heard.some parents out there yes I agree are having for just food stamps and so on but then again there are some out there that don't and are supporting there children on there own without the governments help.this is to be a page to support those victims not for putting them down....think u ppl that aren't a victim need to get off this page and mind your own business.ive ran into foster parents over the years and let me tell u they are not very pleasent with other peoples children and I feel there are the ones that should have CYS called on them. Mifflin county is really going to hell I'm glad I'm gonna be out of this town soon.im ashamed to live here.
pob

Howard, PA

#52 Feb 25, 2014
Frustrated wrote:
Biological parent(s) always needs to find fault somewhere since they are "never" the ones that neglect or abuse their child(ren). CYS, FICS, Bear Foundation, Families United do their jobs. They give the biological parent(s) more credit then some of them deserve. They clearly state that their primary goal is reunification. They fund the parent(s) to take classes for whatever reason. They're in their homes providing parenting skills, its up to the parent(s) how much they do or don't want the help. Court is every 5 months. They review everything good and bad then the judge decides the childs welfare of either staying in their foster home, going to a family member, or going home. Kinship care is the primary focus if the child(ren) can't be with their parents. Alot of investigating goes into where they place the child(ren). No matter where they are placed that family has to go through extensive background checks (finger printing, local, state & federal background checks, financial records, home checks, reference checks, etc). Yes the caregiver(s) gets a DAILY allowence to care for the child(ren), its less then a dollar an hour and has to provide a monthly clothing and chore allowence. The caregiver(s) can use the rest of the money for the child(ren) living expenses (food, dance classes, karate, swimming lessons, toys, baby supplies, etc). They are caring for your child(ren) just like you would be however you can sleep at night while they're walking the floor with your sick baby or helping your teenager finish a project. While you are cleaning your house, becoming sober, coming clean, trying to fix a broken relationship, whatever the situation your child(ren) are removed try to build a relationship with their caregiver(s) instead of finding fault in them, they didn't take your child(ren), they're protecting them, loving them, giving them their needs while you can't.
75% of that is a lie as what happens in mifflin county
Thoughtful Anonymous

Lewistown, PA

#53 Mar 6, 2014
To the people that say CYS has to have a reason, unfortunately you're wrong. This system is abused more often than not. All I have to do is make a call and they'll come knocking at your door. Kids are only supposed to be taken away in situations of SEVERE abuse and neglect. I don't care what you say, they take kids away that don't come close to meeting that criteria, I've seen it first hand. I don't even have kids, so I'm not some disgruntled parent but there is definitely corruption in MC's CYS and yes, the offices do get government grants depending on the amount of kids in their system, so yes, they do get money for each child's open case. Do your research before you get in here and flap your worthless lips.
Johnny Walker

Mifflintown, PA

#54 Mar 26, 2014
Thoughtful Anon,

You are right, CYS will come knocking at your door if they receive an anonymous report. However, they are not out knocking on doors looking for families to get involved in. They have to take every report and treat it with the same professionalism as the next. If they don't, then they get criticized for not doing their job and potentially put a child in danger.
Families that do what they are supposed to generally do not remain involved with their agency for long periods of time.
SOME of the people who speak on here have been involved with these agencies for quite some time and to THEIR fault and no others are the reasons they are involved in the system.
Do agencies get grants when they place kids, possibly, but it is not an incentive program. If they do get these grants and additional funds its because this is a very expensive option, therefore, monies are given to relieve that burden and also to help create parenting programs to assist with those who do not possess the skills needed. Unfortunately, those people have too much pride in admitting that they are NOT GOOD PARENTS and refuse to participate in programs that would help addressing those skills.
Jessica

Baltimore, MD

#55 Mar 28, 2014
I am currently involved with Lancaster co.
As for Mr. Johnny walker lol. You most likely work for them. My children were taken because their father had to go to the hospital I was unable to be contacted.
I lived in York co at the time. They worry about dates an there protocols. I would really like to be in contact eith some parents in Lancaster. We need are voice heard. There is no one out there for the parents. They lie, fake to your face. My kids have turned into 2 little girls that I dont even recognize. I cry everyday. My oldest daughter missing them so much.
So yes they do take/keep children. If you actually stand up they say you need mental help. There crazy! I could never do that job. I am a cna. I love to help people not hurt them. Only if there is actual abuse/ or neglect should a child be taken away. They have taken advantage of my situation an are running with it.
james

Lewistown, PA

#57 Sep 11, 2014
FIGHTING MOM AND WINNING wrote:
I have a special needs daughter myself. CYS tried many of the things everyone else is talking about on this post. I fought many of the GOV. agencies in Lewistown area and have won, many of you probably know me. or guessed who I am. There is a lot of corruption in this town and it needs to be stopped. Our family is not wealthy but we received help from a lawyer in Harrisburg, she worked with us and also recieved payment from some of these agencies. As parents we need to stick together. My daughter is severe autism, we love her so much. They harassed us daily until I came out fighting. I would not allow those people to do anymore damage to my family. If anyone is interested in the lawyer I got please respond to this post thanks
can you please send me contact me i need to talk to your lawyer about my case
Wendy Lewistown PA

Washington, DC

#60 Nov 15, 2014
I've been fighting like hell for my 3 children that should have never been taken. my 2 boys are autistic and my 17 year old daughter who loves school is ready to quit because she is so depressed she cant stand it any more and wants to work full time. No socialization is given to her. They admitted in court to no investigation and the court orders are nothing but lies!!!!! And this was proven in court. I need help and no one else wants to speak out!!!

Since: Nov 14

Location hidden

#61 Nov 16, 2014
Wendy Lewistown PA"]I've been fighting like hell for my 3 children that should have never been taken. my 2 boys are autistic and my 17 year old daughter who loves school is ready to quit because she is so depressed she cant stand it any more and wants to work full time. No socialization is given to her. They admitted in court to no investigation and the court orders are nothing but lies!!!!! And this was proven in court. I need help and no one else wants to speak out!!!

Brokenhearted Mom: I think we need to get together, I'm hoping I have the right people to help us fight this together. I've done plenty of research it's this way all across the USA not just PA or Mifflin County. I didn't even do anything wrong but allow my daughter watch he sleeping brothers from 9:30pm until my neighbor came to help get them ready for school. I was in Maryland going to school myself. I had 4 full grown adult females helping while I was away. I had 3 days of school left before I was finished altogether. I know it was ordered that they put the children back in contact with their abusive father via phone. Bad thing is no one read his evaluation before doing so. He has not only been proven a sexual predator but has also been proven to verbally manipulate to get what he wants even to by their love and they are terrified to talk to him but don't want the gifts to stop. They haven't spoken in nearly 4 years!!!!! I was not only about to graduate but had a job lined up and a home purchase in Maryland.
naz

Tampa, FL

#62 Dec 30, 2014
I like to talk to some people has been a victim here and see why I said Washington County PA
hillbillyherto

Washington, DC

#63 Saturday Jan 3
Corruption within cys wrote:
Mifflin county cys is taking children from honorable loving families. There is many victims out there in muffling county. And we need ur help to expose the truth on the corruption. This is happening all over pa, but this is a support for our muffling county families. Lets get the word out and come together to stop the corruption.
On January 1st, 2015, Stacey Leach, a CYS worker from Mifflin County, sister-in-law to my separated wife, came to my sisters home in Juniata County and threatened to call the cops and take my daughter (who there is no custody order in place) from me. She claimed to be taking my daughter to her home to be away from the fight between my wife and I. I reluctantly agreed in fear of her authority. She then took my daughter to my wife and now I have no phone contact, visitation, or anything with my daughter. No one seems to know where she is. I have searched for grievance procedures to argue this. Juniata County says it is a Mifflin County affair. Mifflin County has failed to return any call about my claims of unprofessional behavior by this woman. Who can I contact to hold her accountable for her actions?

Since: Nov 14

Location hidden

#64 Sunday Jan 11
hillbillyherto wrote:
<quoted text>
On January 1st, 2015, Stacey Leach, a CYS worker from Mifflin County, sister-in-law to my separated wife, came to my sisters home in Juniata County and threatened to call the cops and take my daughter (who there is no custody order in place) from me. She claimed to be taking my daughter to her home to be away from the fight between my wife and I. I reluctantly agreed in fear of her authority. She then took my daughter to my wife and now I have no phone contact, visitation, or anything with my daughter. No one seems to know where she is. I have searched for grievance procedures to argue this. Juniata County says it is a Mifflin County affair. Mifflin County has failed to return any call about my claims of unprofessional behavior by this woman. Who can I contact to hold her accountable for her actions?
There is a group of us working together between Juniata and Mifflin Counties, they are both very crooked and lie quiet badly. We work together. Get in touch with me and we can help. Look for me on FB Wendy Cornelius McCauley.

Since: Nov 14

Location hidden

#65 Sunday Jan 11
Johnny Walker wrote:
Thoughtful Anon,
You are right, CYS will come knocking at your door if they receive an anonymous report. However, they are not out knocking on doors looking for families to get involved in. They have to take every report and treat it with the same professionalism as the next. If they don't, then they get criticized for not doing their job and potentially put a child in danger.
Families that do what they are supposed to generally do not remain involved with their agency for long periods of time.
SOME of the people who speak on here have been involved with these agencies for quite some time and to THEIR fault and no others are the reasons they are involved in the system.
Do agencies get grants when they place kids, possibly, but it is not an incentive program. If they do get these grants and additional funds its because this is a very expensive option, therefore, monies are given to relieve that burden and also to help create parenting programs to assist with those who do not possess the skills needed. Unfortunately, those people have too much pride in admitting that they are NOT GOOD PARENTS and refuse to participate in programs that would help addressing those skills.
This is BS!!! I'm A DAMNED GOOD PARENT!!!! I have had several classes, I'm a disabled nurse of children that had special needs and my own have special needs, we have also been abused and tons of counseling in which we were still in services when they took my children!!! It's a form of legal kidnapping!!!! Then they put the children back in contact with the abuser and don't follower judges orders because they pre=type the orders themselves and have them signed!!!! I've got recordings and a shit load of proof to back what I'm saying!!!

Since: Nov 14

Location hidden

#66 Sunday Jan 11
Frustrated wrote:
Biological parent(s) always needs to find fault somewhere since they are "never" the ones that neglect or abuse their child(ren). CYS, FICS, Bear Foundation, Families United do their jobs. They give the biological parent(s) more credit then some of them deserve. They clearly state that their primary goal is reunification. They fund the parent(s) to take classes for whatever reason. They're in their homes providing parenting skills, its up to the parent(s) how much they do or don't want the help. Court is every 5 months. They review everything good and bad then the judge decides the childs welfare of either staying in their foster home, going to a family member, or going home. Kinship care is the primary focus if the child(ren) can't be with their parents. Alot of investigating goes into where they place the child(ren). No matter where they are placed that family has to go through extensive background checks (finger printing, local, state & federal background checks, financial records, home checks, reference checks, etc). Yes the caregiver(s) gets a DAILY allowence to care for the child(ren), its less then a dollar an hour and has to provide a monthly clothing and chore allowence. The caregiver(s) can use the rest of the money for the child(ren) living expenses (food, dance classes, karate, swimming lessons, toys, baby supplies, etc). They are caring for your child(ren) just like you would be however you can sleep at night while they're walking the floor with your sick baby or helping your teenager finish a project. While you are cleaning your house, becoming sober, coming clean, trying to fix a broken relationship, whatever the situation your child(ren) are removed try to build a relationship with their caregiver(s) instead of finding fault in them, they didn't take your child(ren), they're protecting them, loving them, giving them their needs while you can't.
My family wasn't even offered kinship!!! They placed my kids and lied in court and caught at least four times!! That didn't stop the judge from continuing custody though!!! They only have one excuse for keeping my kids that I have to reprove, former health issues!!! Cancer survivors shouldn't be punished for surviving!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lewistown police dept needs cleaned up again Fri freebird78 1
2015, a big election year in Mifflin County Fri Mp shield 6
Nancy Schrum to run for District Attorney Jan 28 FYI 7
Trail growing cold in hunt for Pa. fugitive (Nov '06) Jan 21 suchbs 4
Burnham Pennsylvania Cost Cutters Jan 8 Dissatisfied cust... 1
Open Line (Mar '14) Jan 8 Dissatisfied cust... 3
Lewistown Sentinel - Worst Newspaper In the World (Aug '08) Dec '14 ajoke56 1,031

Winter Storm Warning for Mifflin County was issued at January 31 at 10:39PM EST

Belleville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Belleville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:14 pm PST

NBC Sports 5:14PM
Boston College's Ryan Day joins Philadelphia Eagles staff
NBC Sports 5:15 PM
Eagles hire Chip Kelly protege as quarterbacks coach
Bleacher Report 6:12 PM
5 Mistakes Steelers Can't Repeat in Offseason
Bleacher Report 9:03 PM
Should Eagles Target Upgrades at WR?
Bleacher Report 9:30 PM
5 Changes Eagles Must Make This Offseason