Lewistown Sentinel - Worst Newspaper ...
First Prev
of 52
Next Last
Lewistown Resident

Lewistown, PA

#1039 Apr 19, 2013
The Sentinel and the police forces in Mifflin County could learn something from this incident up in Boston. Whether it is the Police force, FBI,or any other law enforcement, they are nothing without the public input. So their idea here in Mifflin County that it is better to keep things hidden from the pubic is not a good way of doing things. You need the public to help solve crimes.
Input

Lewistown, PA

#1040 Apr 20, 2013
Lewistown Resident wrote:
The Sentinel and the police forces in Mifflin County could learn something from this incident up in Boston. Whether it is the Police force, FBI,or any other law enforcement, they are nothing without the public input. So their idea here in Mifflin County that it is better to keep things hidden from the pubic is not a good way of doing things. You need the public to help solve crimes.
We can change this by throwing the ones out that is responsible for keeping all the important information away from the public. We already started by replacing the long time DA, now we need to replace the Judge while we have the chance, and then replace the Chief of police in Lewistown. After that, pressure the Newspaper to report the news. Vote BARRON.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#1041 Apr 20, 2013
Input wrote:
<quoted text>
We can change this by throwing the ones out that is responsible for keeping all the important information away from the public. We already started by replacing the long time DA, now we need to replace the Judge while we have the chance, and then replace the Chief of police in Lewistown. After that, pressure the Newspaper to report the news. Vote BARRON.
This remark represents arrogant stupidity.
And include the Sentinel in that description - arrogant stupidity.
Actually Input if you paid attention, you would realize the paper is more on your side than not. They have the opportunity to publish what IS public information and facts. In regarding your so-called "important information", they choose to look the other way and say nothing.
Did they ever publish any important information from a public document regarding the finality in the judgement of Tammy Hunter with the state judicial board?
Did they ever report any important information when Barrons took a case to trial and lost because of NOT the strength of his case but in the lack of knowledge in the correct procedure to follow. His inexperience lost the case.
Do they ever do investigative reporting? Let's see, hmmm, the lack of criminal trials in Mifflin County since the new DA took over has dropped considerably from 2011. How many criminal trials or juries has Mr. Molek picked since his inception as DA? I would wonder what important information he has to say or to explain why no trials.

You would have to know rocket science to come up with that question.
Arrogant stupidity.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#1042 Apr 20, 2013
In regards to the name of this forum, Lewistown Sentinel - Worst Newspaper in the World, I couldn't agree more. Considering itself a right wing conservative Christian paper with values I would presume follow a good Christian paper, I was struck by the editorial "Gun Control Defeat a Win for the People".
The editor chose to publish it on Friday, April 19 - published within the week's events of the Boston Marathon explosion and two suspects on the loose.
With some kind of bold arrogant stupidity the editor decided to publish this editorial at a time when a nation should be pulling together rather than lambasting the defeat of a bill on Mondy, April 15, that 90% of the nation wanted to pass.
The editor chose to point out, "...The entire nation mourned for THOSE wee souls. Emotions ran at a fever pitch, fueled by such THINGS as Obama and HIS group of survivors."

I declare but I see someone's underwear. The editor of a paper should realize a word such as THINGS is usually reserved for "stuff", nouns that identify what we do or inanimate objects, not people...in as much as wee souls, Obama or survivors are actually people.
I thought those wee souls were part of our one big nation.
Whatever you think of the Gun Bill, this editor was patronizing, thoughtless and wrote with arrogant stupidity.
Larry

Lancaster, PA

#1043 Apr 20, 2013
Do we ever have any court cases anymore?
Justice for all

Vienna, WV

#1044 Apr 23, 2013
Nope all plead away or "let's make a deal". Better than Snook, no way! You people who wanted a change it, a bad one that is.
Got that right

Lewistown, PA

#1045 Apr 30, 2013
The Sentinel has no problem putting the article in the paper that parents need to talk to their kids about the use of alcohol, however they forgot to print about the big drug bust at the school. I guess it depends on who it is.
Who knows

Lancaster, PA

#1046 Jan 24, 2014
So here is the results of the investigation of the 5 car accident in Lewistown

http://www.lewistownsentinel.com/page/content...

Now where is the results of the accident off 322 near Steeles rental from MCRPD.
Lewistown Resident

Lebanon, PA

#1047 Mar 5, 2014

What happened, the Sentinel now has a bullet on their news page for Police report, but if you noticed most of the stuff that is in there is from out of the area (State Police). They could fill that page up if they reported all the drug activity that goes on right here in Mifflin County from Regional , Lewistown borough, and Granville twp. police.
Outsidethebox

Lewistown, PA

#1048 Apr 4, 2014
Can you really call the Sentinel a newspaper when the police put out a breaking news request for help in finding a teenage girl that has been missing since Wednesday and this is Friday, The Sentinel website blacks out the details because you didn't pay.
ajoke56

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#1049 Dec 10, 2014
Please correct me if I'm speaking out of line. Our justice system in Mifflin County is awful. Handing out ARD programs for a mother who wrecks her car with HER 2 minor children in it, while drinking. If you look this up, you arent supposed to be granted ARD if you have children in your vehicle at the time of a DUI. Lets give her probation, then lets catch her filling her head with PRESCRIPTION medicines that arent hers. Drive without a LICENSE, endanger EVERYONE else on the road. Lets have a trial to take her probation away and drop the ARD program. THEN lets let her out of jail. WHAT DOES THIS DO???? Why have all of these hearings and basically drop everything? Im sure 2 weeks in jail changed her WHOLE outlook on life. She will now get a job and stop living off the system...she will also become clean with no intensive rehabilitation programs. Way to go MIFFCO!!!
Concerned citizen

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#1050 Nov 23, 2015
Lewistown Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not smearing people with facts.
To have purport something as a 'fact', there needs to be accompanying evidence. What's the evidence for aforementioned 'facts' about the deceased officers? May I see it please? is there maybe even an online link to any evidence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please help bring Shane home Oct '17 Jessica 1
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) Sep '17 bill 345
News Derry asked to help fund road project Aug '17 Hoyman99 1
Sleeping CO back to work???? (May '15) May '17 Alby17944 19
Mifflin County Deadbeat parents (Oct '14) Apr '17 What a joke 3
News Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Feb '17 air max shoes 26
Bar flys and street girls (Jan '17) Jan '17 Matt Houser 1

Belleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belleville Mortgages