Police: impersonator told woman she was wanted

There are 20 comments on the Jun 20, 2012, ABC 27 story titled Police: impersonator told woman she was wanted. In it, ABC 27 reports that:

State police in Gettysburg said they are investigating an incident where a man impersonating an officer stopped a woman and told her she had a warrant out for her arrest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC 27.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pink Eye

New Tripoli, PA

#2 Jun 21, 2012
Davenport wrote:
This is scary. First food poisoning, then street gangs, then biker gangs, now this?!?!?!
If I were a tourist I would go somewhere safe, and not Gettysburg.
OMG food Posioning, I can't believe it, city council needs to act on this. I can't believe that I'm still reading about these street gangs roaming the town threatening all those who come to enjoy history. If only those biker gangs wouldn't be so loud we could hear all the history from the reenactors. What a sad state of affairs Gettysburg has become, if only they would have gotten a casino.

Since: Mar 11

Gettysburg, PA

#4 Jun 21, 2012
Davenport wrote:
Tourists are skipping Gettysburg in favor of safer places, like York, Lancaster and Philadelphia.
The Gettysburg locals are strange, evil people.
Maybe before they make that trip they should check the crime statistics for those alternate destinations you have mentioned. I think they will find Gettysburg to be much safer than any of those others. But then again, I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet, can you?
Pink Eye

New Tripoli, PA

#5 Jun 21, 2012
I know how to vote wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe before they make that trip they should check the crime statistics for those alternate destinations you have mentioned. I think they will find Gettysburg to be much safer than any of those others. But then again, I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet, can you?
You mean like, Gettysburg residents need good jobs, and a casino would be the best thing to happen to Gettysburg?
Davenport

United States

#6 Jun 21, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like, Gettysburg residents need good jobs, and a casino would be the best thing to happen to Gettysburg?
Lol!!!

They're still mad that York got the capital during the Revolution and Gettysburg wasn't even considered.

Sorta like how the Commonwealth does when granting casino licenses.

Our forefathers knew Gettysburg was a joke, the state legislators know it too.

Since: Mar 11

Gettysburg, PA

#7 Jun 21, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like, Gettysburg residents need good jobs, and a casino would be the best thing to happen to Gettysburg?
LOOK AND SEE WHO IT IS THAT BRINGS THE "C" WORD INTO A TOPIC THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

I believe it is someone who admits that they don't live here.
Davenport

United States

#8 Jun 21, 2012
I know how to vote wrote:
<quoted text>
LOOK AND SEE WHO IT IS THAT BRINGS THE "C" WORD INTO A TOPIC THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
I believe it is someone who admits that they don't live here.
What kind of dummy would admit they live there?

----------> A yokel.
Pink Eye

New Tripoli, PA

#9 Jun 22, 2012
I know how to vote wrote:
<quoted text>
LOOK AND SEE WHO IT IS THAT BRINGS THE "C" WORD INTO A TOPIC THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
I believe it is someone who admits that they don't live here.
Funny how you no longer want to read nor hear the word CASINO. Prior to the decision the word CASINO invaded all other topics.
Davenport

United States

#10 Jun 22, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you no longer want to read nor hear the word CASINO. Prior to the decision the word CASINO invaded all other topics.
100% correct.

Strange how these blowhards change their tune after they lose.

They're used to losing: casinos, tourism, the game of life.....

I find it hilarious that they are so bitter. They get easily frustrated, I am glad that life has rubbed their noses in their pile of poop.
Pink Eye

New Tripoli, PA

#11 Jun 22, 2012
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
100% correct.
Strange how these blowhards change their tune after they lose.
They're used to losing: casinos, tourism, the game of life.....
I find it hilarious that they are so bitter. They get easily frustrated, I am glad that life has rubbed their noses in their pile of poop.
I'd have thought they'd moved on by now looking to seeking new endeavors
Davenport

United States

#12 Jun 22, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>I'd have thought they'd moved on by now looking to seeking new endeavors
Well, as much as they have had their off-line pow-wow with each other, they have steam coming out of their ears due to all the frustration.

They used to feel entitled to be the nobility of anything connected to Gettysburg.

They aren't used to not getting their way.

They'd better get used to it.
Pink Eye

New Tripoli, PA

#14 Jun 23, 2012
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as much as they have had their off-line pow-wow with each other, they have steam coming out of their ears due to all the frustration.
They used to feel entitled to be the nobility of anything connected to Gettysburg.
They aren't used to not getting their way.
They'd better get used to it.
I never thought of it that way, good call

Since: Mar 11

Gettysburg, PA

#15 Jun 23, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you no longer want to read nor hear the word CASINO. Prior to the decision the word CASINO invaded all other topics.
It was mentioned earlier in a few threads that “the locals need to forget about the casino, and move on.” I was pointing out that it is not locals that keep brining up the casino issue; it is people from out of the area. It is not local people who keep dragging the casino issue into every topic that appears here.

Gettysburg is getting along just fine. In my travels I do still see two places that have No Casino signs up on their property, so who is it that can’t let it die?

If you or anyone else wishes to discuss the issues of the casino in the proper thread, I would be more than happy to discuss the issues as long as facts are presented as facts, and opinions are presented as opinion. But too many people want to present their opinion as fact.
Pink Eye

New Tripoli, PA

#17 Jun 23, 2012
I know how to vote wrote:
<quoted text>
It was mentioned earlier in a few threads that “the locals need to forget about the casino, and move on.” I was pointing out that it is not locals that keep brining up the casino issue; it is people from out of the area. It is not local people who keep dragging the casino issue into every topic that appears here.
Gettysburg is getting along just fine. In my travels I do still see two places that have No Casino signs up on their property, so who is it that can’t let it die?
If you or anyone else wishes to discuss the issues of the casino in the proper thread, I would be more than happy to discuss the issues as long as facts are presented as facts, and opinions are presented as opinion. But too many people want to present their opinion as fact.
I was simply asking a question, it's an exceptable practice every where else, so I'm assuming in the fiefdom of Gettysburg it's also exceptable, correct me if I'm mistaken.
I was wondering exactly how the pro casino crowd is dealing with their loss. Has Gettysburg fallen into economic ruin yet? Have the unemployed or under under employed locals resorted to living under the nearest bridge yet?
I just assumed that the topic would be formost on all locals minds. I'm sure they'll be planning for their futires and how to compensate for their economic loss, yet again.
Unless of course, this is such a sore spot within the community and no one dare speak of it.
AC Native

Fayetteville, PA

#18 Jun 23, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>I was simply asking a question, it's an exceptable practice every where else, so I'm assuming in the fiefdom of Gettysburg it's also exceptable, correct me if I'm mistaken.
I was wondering exactly how the pro casino crowd is dealing with their loss. Has Gettysburg fallen into economic ruin yet? Have the unemployed or under under employed locals resorted to living under the nearest bridge yet?
I just assumed that the topic would be formost on all locals minds. I'm sure they'll be planning for their futires and how to compensate for their economic loss, yet again.
Unless of course, this is such a sore spot within the community and no one dare speak of it.
You assumed wrong.
Local Yocal

Carlisle, PA

#19 Jun 24, 2012
The reasonn those "No Casino" signs are up in peoples' yards is because the hicks around Gettysburg are too lazy to take them down. Just like they're too lazy to take down their Christmas lights at the end of the season.
Pink Eye

New Tripoli, PA

#20 Jun 24, 2012
AC Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You assumed wrong.
ahh so I was correct there are different rules that only apply to Gettysburg. The fiefdom of Gettysburg is run by some locals with with a real grasp on how things should be run. How's that working for you? Tourism still down? No casino? Gang activity on the rise?
So what sort of new business endeavors is Gettysburg pursuing? Anyone? Anything?
AC Native

Fayetteville, PA

#21 Jun 24, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>ahh so I was correct there are different rules that only apply to Gettysburg. The fiefdom of Gettysburg is run by some locals with with a real grasp on how things should be run. How's that working for you? Tourism still down? No casino? Gang activity on the rise?
So what sort of new business endeavors is Gettysburg pursuing? Anyone? Anything?
That's a different question(s). Nothing to do with the answer I replied to before. In either post your assumptions are wrong. Try again.
Pink Eye

New Tripoli, PA

#23 Jun 24, 2012
AC Native wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a different question(s). Nothing to do with the answer I replied to before. In either post your assumptions are wrong. Try again.
you assume my assumption are incorrect, you may not be able to comprehend what I'm asking, or you choose not to answer the question truthfully
AC Native

Fayetteville, PA

#24 Jun 24, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
I just assumed that the topic would be formost on all locals minds.
You assumed wrong. Is that simple enough for you?
AC Native

Fayetteville, PA

#25 Jun 24, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>you assume my assumption are incorrect, you may not be able to comprehend what I'm asking, or you choose not to answer the question truthfully
I can't even understand the sentence. Speak English.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefonte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Have anyone buy Novelty IDs from www.club21ids.... Mar '15 Japloa 3
Legit medical solutions Feb '15 blr lob1 1
News Upset buyers sue Uni-Mart, allege fraud (Jan '07) Dec '14 mike 9
Sheri Williams Nov '14 Skips 1
Review: Wendy's (Oct '14) Oct '14 Heart broken 1
News "Energy-Intense" Industries Being Sought for Ri... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Steve 1
junkie at kreps auto (Sep '14) Sep '14 it has to stop 1
More from around the web

Bellefonte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]