Former Daily News reporter killed in ...

Former Daily News reporter killed in Afghanistan

There are 2 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Aug 14, 2009, titled Former Daily News reporter killed in Afghanistan. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Sgt. Bill Cahir, a former news reporter whose work was published regularly in the Lebanon Daily News, has been killed in Afghanistan while serving with the Marines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

fastway

Brick, NJ

#1 Aug 15, 2009
Wow what a difference between two Americans, Mr. Cahir after 9/11 enrolls in the National Guard to fight for his country, Katy Abrams, doesn't even bother to register to vote. Mr. Cahir fights and dies for his country to protect our future, Katy Abrams, only deciddes to get involvwed in our country's affairs when people like her who earn over $250 G's maybe taxed to provide health insurance for our country. How sad, no network interviews for Mr. Cahir's family, but Faux News rushes to people like Katy who only get involved when it appears she maybe taxed to help the less fortunate. Because in the end all of us who have insurance pay $1,000 a year for those who don't and that figure is going up. As a result we may have emergency rooms close, but Katy doesn't care does she, she admits during her embarassing tirade that she didn't get involved in our country's affairs until it appeared that she may be taxed. Meanwhile Mr. Cahir said, my country right or wrong, I love you and will fight for you. Oh yea, Mr. Cahir is a democrat.
Phil

Mccalla, AL

#2 Aug 16, 2009
Meanwhile Mr. Cahir said, my country right or wrong, I love you and will fight for you.

When a nation veers so far from her founding principles we are in no way required to be loyal. Quite the contrary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefonte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray Allen Jr (Jun '11) Sep '15 Ray Allen Jr 11
News Our view: Erie needs to reverse overweight trend Sep '15 The Jive Turkey 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Archie Bunker 8
News Bad vibrations: Buzzing inside mailbox shutters... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Buybull Mullahs 3
Poll Have anyone buy Novelty IDs from www.club21ids.... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Japloa 3
Legit medical solutions (Feb '15) Feb '15 blr lob1 1
News Upset buyers sue Uni-Mart, allege fraud (Jan '07) Dec '14 mike 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefonte Mortgages