What Is Your Favorite Holiday Tradition?

What Is Your Favorite Holiday Tradition?

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 3, 2012
Mine is getting together with the whole family Christmas Eve.

Enjoying good food and drink. Watching the little ones open presents and catching up with everyone.
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#2 Dec 3, 2012
Giving

Location hidden

#3 Dec 3, 2012
GBA wrote:
Giving
That's a good one! Should I send you my list?

Haha.
Scrooge

United States

#4 Dec 3, 2012
Taking down the tree...with the family of course. :)
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#5 Dec 3, 2012
Going to as many Christmas programs as possible,spending hours preparing, getting with family. Listening to music. EVERTHING!!

Location hidden

#6 Dec 3, 2012
Grandpa Jones wrote:
Going to as many Christmas programs as possible,spending hours preparing, getting with family. Listening to music. EVERTHING!!
I like the music, too. I haven't been to a Christmas program in years, but did used to enjoy hearing the school choirs when the nieces and nephews were involved.

@ Scrooge...really?! Taking down the tree is the worst part of the holidays....
animal control

Mansfield, OH

#7 Dec 3, 2012
&fe ature=results_main&playnex t=1&list=PL9F25EA77989E408 5

no charge
animal control

Mansfield, OH

#8 Dec 3, 2012
animal control wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xIxRVOn2FqwXX&feature=res ults_main&playnext=1&l ist=PL9F25EA77989E4085
no charge
Mildred Natwick, began performing at age 21 with the Vagabonds. One of Natwick's memorable roles was that of Addie Mills' grandmother in the 1972 CBS-TV Emmy-winning holiday special, The House Without a Christmas Tree.

Mildred was the first cousin of Myron 'Grim' Natwick, the creator of the Betty Boop cartoon character, and the primary animator of Snow White for Walt Disney Studios......Baby!

no charge
animal control

Mansfield, OH

#9 Dec 3, 2012
Jason Robards, was an American actor on stage, and in film and television. He is a winner of the Tony Award, two Academy Awards and the Emmy Award. He was also a United States Navy combat veteran of World War II.

The teenaged Robards excelled in athletics, running a 4:18 mile during his junior year at Hollywood High School in Los Angeles.

The House Without a Christmas Tree is a 1972 television movie, based on a children's book written by Gail Rock, that centers on the relationship between Addie Mills (Lisa Lucas), a bright and energetic only child, and her melancholy father, James Mills (Jason Robards). James had never recovered from the death of his wife (Addie's mother), and is bitterly against ever having a Christmas tree in the house. The videotaped production was seen regularly on CBS between 1972 and 1977.

Robards died of lung cancer in Bridgeport, Connecticut, on December 26, 2000 at the age of 78

no charge

Location hidden

#10 Dec 3, 2012
Jason Robards was great.

So, AC.....do you have a favorite holiday tradition?
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#11 Dec 3, 2012
animal control wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xIxRVOn2FqwXX&feature=res ults_main&playnext=1&l ist=PL9F25EA77989E4085
no charge
Excellent, thank you.
animal control

Mansfield, OH

#12 Dec 3, 2012
me liked'-it better in black-n- white
animal control

Mansfield, OH

#13 Dec 3, 2012
plus..dey took gawd 0uttaha' da pledge.....
Aunt Bea

Bellefontaine, OH

#14 Dec 4, 2012
I love everything about the Christmas season: the music,movies, baking, friend and family. But my favorite has always been the reading of "The Night Before Christmas" just before putting the kids to bed on Christmas Eve. They are older now, but the tradition has held through the years. Someday I hope they do this with their own children.
Scrooge

United States

#15 Dec 4, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the music, too. I haven't been to a Christmas program in years, but did used to enjoy hearing the school choirs when the nieces and nephews were involved.
@ Scrooge...really?! Taking down the tree is the worst part of the holidays....
Just teasing...hence the smiley...and the name.
The Oracle

Lima, OH

#16 Dec 4, 2012
NBA quadruple header.

I love Christmas!!!
pharm bill

Mansfield, OH

#17 Dec 4, 2012
peppermint stick ice-cream......Baby!
The Oracle

Lima, OH

#18 Dec 4, 2012
Oklahoma City Thunder versus Miami Heat.

Christmas Day.

NBA Finals rematch.

ABC.

Life is good.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 4, 2012
Aunt Bea wrote:
I love everything about the Christmas season: the music,movies, baking, friend and family. But my favorite has always been the reading of "The Night Before Christmas" just before putting the kids to bed on Christmas Eve. They are older now, but the tradition has held through the years. Someday I hope they do this with their own children.
That's a wonderful tradition! Good for you.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 4, 2012
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Just teasing...hence the smiley...and the name.
Funny....I actually do know many people who can't wait to take down decorations and get the house back to normal after the holidays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bellefontaine High School Bed Bugs 2 hr Wite_Out 2
movie made in Bellefontaine and the spot in Sidney (Apr '10) 8 hr Bud Burch 17
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! (Jan '17) Thu Mein Trumpf 2,241
We need a new mayor in Quincy Wed Carl 8
News Indian Lake Schools fires superintendent facing... Nov 21 Big man on campus 2
General H R McMaster Nov 21 Mein Trumpf 6
gop Nov 21 caiaphas 15

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages