First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“None genuine without this seal”

Since: May 09

Logan County, Ohio

#41 Sep 15, 2009
roses325 wrote:
I had a checking account at huntington and they allowed my EX-husband and his girlfriend to take every dime out of my account because he knew my SS number. Didn't matter that I opened the account after the Divorce or that he had never been on the account.
That might be worth consulting the police or a lawyer on. It sounds like what they did was illegal, and the bank should restore your money to your account.
luna

United States

#42 Sep 15, 2009
I bank with Huntington. I love their online banking. I write all my debits in my checkbook and check online to make sure they're covered in the pending section. If I think I'm going to go over, I have until the bank closes to put money in before they charge me for overdrafting. I went over by $0.15 one time and was charged $32. I called them, mad as hell, and they reimbursed the $32. They said they used to cover everything under $2, but that people took advantage of it, so they quit doing it. Online banking works great for me, but I check it daily.
HBIC

Mount Vernon, OH

#43 Sep 15, 2009
I never had a problem with Huntington until recently, and within the past two months, I have had nothing but trouble with overdraft fees. I have called numerous times and nobody can seem to give me a clear answer as to what is going on. I'm about ready to say forget it and make a switch. I used to bank with 5/3 and hated it, so I'm not sure where to go!! Ugh!!

Since: Aug 09

Bellefontaine, OH

#44 Sep 16, 2009
I have had this problem with 5/3 in the past, my friend has this problem with Huntington- I think it is with every bank!
I agree that it is all about keeping your checkbook balanced and not relying on online banking, and remembering the debits always come out before the credits (at least everywhere that I know of)
dawn

Geneva, OH

#45 Oct 11, 2009
MollyHigh wrote:
<quoted text>
If I couldn't spell and punctuate any better than that, I would be embarrassed to post anything critical of another on Topix. BTW, where did the OP say anything about not balancing his or her check book?
I bank at National City and haven't had any problems. I know they at least used to process all credits to a checking account before any debits. That was as a courtesy to customers. Some banks may not be so thoughtful. Chances are sitting down with the branch manager will straighten out any such misunderstandings. They possess discretionary power to waive fines. Branch managers don't want their branch shut down for loss of customers. If that straightforward approach doesn't help, a change of banks is in order.
They find other ways to screw you over. For instance, they canceled my direct deposit after 3 years of no issues with it. Then they charged me fee after fee after fee, they said it was there fault and to call my branch and they would fix it. I called the next day and they had no record of me talking to anyone. I had to call for 2 weeks straight til i got part of the money back. I left and am now very happy with huntington..
Hazel

Urbana, OH

#46 Oct 12, 2009
Always get the name of who you talk to. You should have gotten all your money back with all fees waived and an explanation or reinstatement of your direct deposits.

Since: Sep 08

Asheville, NC

#47 Oct 12, 2009
I like Huntington but my only complaint is they NEVER call you back when you have a problem. The tellers there are all very nice and sweet though!
David

Germantown, OH

#48 Nov 3, 2012
I live by a certain code in life..and one of those are never use a bank unless you don't live paycheck to paycheck. What's the point? You will only wind up borrowing and getting charged 100 tmes more for fees. I don't trust anyone with my hard earned dollar except me. So don't use the excuse ...ill spend my money faster if I have cash on me. That's a load of crap..last I checked everywhere has started accepting debit cards..hence just as easy to spend. If you live week to week get a pre paid card and be done with of fees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Logan county courthouse 2 hr Hungry Hounds 8
This Should Scare Everyone 2 hr reality 6
Life Lesson's! 7 hr CALM STILL VOICE 114
So who's the idiot? 10 hr Flip Flopper 3
IS the DEMOCRAT PARTY in DANGER of EXTINCTION? 20 hr Flip Floppy 86
Chris Gammell (Dec '14) Tue Logan County 7
Old timers (May '10) Jan 16 William Owen 246

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance