Just a Man

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 8, 2012
There are plenty of good people that go to good churches. Here are RED FLAGS to recognize bad ones:

[1] The church believes many other Christian churches are wrong.
[2] "Real" Christians go to the church.
[3] You need a support group after you leave the church.
[4] The church believes most everyone is going to Hell ... especially Moslems and people who live in China and India.
[5] The church thinks the Book of Revelation makes sense.

Other flags include the role of women, above average sense of patriotism, a sense that public schools are immoral, and a twisted (yet supportive) view of Israel.

When Jesus comes back, these churches will not recognize Him. Although these churches say they are rebels and that Jesus was a revolutionary, He will be too revolutionary for them. When Jesus come back , He will threaten their comfy middle class lives and they will send him to jail and kill Him again.
Church

Powell, OH

#2 Jun 8, 2012
Methodist churches seam to be okay... All the others in loco are fncked up.
animal control

West Mansfield, OH

#3 Jun 8, 2012
[6] if the pastor is a womin'...?...head for the exit..Baby!

[7] if the chuch rents space to or frum the public skewl system....?....bad church!

[8] if the people pimp-out their kids-n-stuff....bad church!

no charge

“Marriage=Love+Co mmitment.....”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4 Jun 8, 2012
So what local ones are bad churches? Anywhere Don South or TVOSR set foot in?
looked but didn't find

Bellefontaine, OH

#5 Jun 8, 2012
I looked so long for the "perfect" church. My husband finally put it to me this way: every church has it's flaws- its a matter of finding the one that has flaws you can deal with. I have found that this is very true. I was in a church like one mentioned by the op and i did need a support group when i left!

The Voice Of Sound Reason

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#6 Jun 9, 2012
As one studies the life and ministry of Jesus Christ. It becomes very apparent the Jesus ministry was a ministry of personal deliverance. Which naturally required him to become involved in the personal lives of those he brought deliverance to. Much the same way that he approached the disciples. The disciples did not come to Jesus. Jesus went to the disciples and sought them out. I bring this up because there seems to be a hesitancy on the part of some of the believers here to reach out to the homosexual/lesbian. I realize that helping someone with their personal deliverance is a huge responsibility, and requires great love and personal commitment. But one must remember that God has no hands but your hands to reach out to the almost dead. And he has no feet but your feet with which to walk among the almost dead. I am confident that there are LGTB friendly churches in your area. What I mean by LGTB friendly churches is this. You are willing to work with the homosexual/lesbian and bring them to their appointment with deliverance. Jesus Christ never allowed those in need of personal deliverance to flounder in such despair. There is no doubt that many will never be the same because of the truth of Gods word that TVOSR has shown here. Concerning the homosexual/lesbian need for deliverance, and the willingness of God to bring that deliverance via Jesus Christ! Although I still detect a unwillingness on the part of the believers to reach out to these in need. Clearly TVOSR has sown much scripture concerning Gods deliverance via his son Jesus Christ. Therefore maybe you can be the one to water what TVOSR has sown? And let God give the increase according to 1st Corinthians 3:7, May God help you to do it!

1st Corinthians 3:7 So then neither is he that plants any thing, neither he that waters; but God that gives the increase.
animal control

West Mansfield, OH

#7 Jun 9, 2012
any church/pastor that ask for donations of 10% of ur income are bad...Baby!

when it comes to ur lifes chores and labors, church's contribuite absolutely zero percent $$$$ and thats about what they deserve in payback...anymore $$$ contribution is purely a goodwill gift.

no charge

romney 2012 paid political
Mathew

Galena, OH

#8 Jun 9, 2012
The Voice Of Sound Reason wrote:
As one studies the life and ministry of Jesus Christ. It becomes very apparent the Jesus ministry was a ministry of personal deliverance. Which naturally required him to become involved in the personal lives of those he brought deliverance to...
If Jesus had a mission to help the homosexuals, wouldn't he have to become one himself and live with them, do what they do?

Location hidden

#9 Jun 9, 2012
Mathew wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus had a mission to help the homosexuals, wouldn't he have to become one himself and live with them, do what they do?
No! Would he have to molest children to be in a position to bring deliverance to a pedophile?
animal control

West Mansfield, OH

#10 Jun 9, 2012
any church that has a pastor who did not live within' a 12 mile radius of the before mentioned church for at least 50 years/or their entire lifetime.....is a bad church........Baby!

no charge
Mathew

Galena, OH

#11 Jun 9, 2012
That leaves out the Methodist churches, AC. They hire a new pastor each year, and they make her or him go before a committee to get authority to buy a box of Kleenex or dry clean the curtains. How can the people respect a person they don't trust any more than that?

Location hidden

#12 Jun 9, 2012
I am confident that there are LGTB friendly churches in your area. What I mean by LGTB friendly churches is this. You are willing to work with the homosexual/lesbian and bring them to their appointment with deliverance. Jesus Christ never allowed those in need of personal deliverance to flounder in such despair.

A bad church will not have a deliverance plan in place for homosexuals. A bad church will lack both a qualified minister and qualified individuals to work with the homosexual to help deliver them. A bad church will allow homosexuals to continue in their corrupt lifestyle. And thereby put the adults as well as the children at risk. Remember Jesus said he was the good Shepherd. And a good Shepherd-minister always watches out for his flock and their well being. The Shepherd-ministers primary job before God is to protect the believers from corruption. Therefore his job would require him to preach deliverance to the homosexual. Remember light cannot have fellowship with darkness. And all homosexuality/lesbianism is darkness according to scripture. And all homosexuality/lesbianism can be cast off. Remember Jesus came to set the captives free. But the homosexual has to be willing to be delivered. Much the same way as domestic abusers, polygamist, pedophiles etc. And Jesus always taught that if an individual refused deliverance, walk away. No church is ever required to kiss the Bo-hunkis of the homosexual or anyone else.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 9, 2012
The Voice Of Sound Reason wrote:
You are willing to work with the homosexual/lesbian and bring them to their appointment with deliverance.
Listen to Alan Chambers, at the time president of Exodus International, the #1 religious conversion therapy organization, tell us all that, "we (Exodus) don't have the ability to change anyone."

Conversion or Reparative therapy are a fraud. They make no gays straight. None. Anyone who says otherwise is a snake oil salesman.

What's more, the whole mental health community says it's a bad idea.

The American Psychiatric Association's official web site notes that: "There is no published scientific evidence supporting the efficacy of 'reparative therapy' as a treatment to change one’s sexual orientation, nor is it included in the APA's Task Force Report, Treatments of Psychiatric Disorders. More importantly, altering sexual orientation is not an appropriate goal of psychiatric treatment.
In 1998, at its December 11-12 meeting, the American Psychiatric Association Board of Trustees unanimously endorsed a position statement opposing reparative therapy. According to the 1998 position statement:

"The potential risks of 'reparative therapy' are great, including depression, anxiety and self-destructive behavior, since therapist alignment with societal prejudices against homosexuality may reinforce self-hatred already experienced by the patient."

"Many patients who have undergone 'reparative therapy' relate that they were inaccurately told that homosexuals are lonely, unhappy individuals who never achieve acceptance or satisfaction."

"The possibility that the person might achieve happiness and satisfying interpersonal relationships as a gay man or lesbian is not presented, nor are alternative approaches to dealing with the effects of societal stigmatization discussed."

"Therefore, the American Psychiatric Association opposes any psychiatric treatment, such as 'reparative' or 'conversion' therapy which is based upon the assumption that homosexuality per se is a mental disorder or based upon a prior assumption that the patient should change his/her homosexual orientation. The American Psychiatric Association recognizes that in the course of ongoing psychiatric treatment, there may be appropriate clinical indications for attempting to change sexual behaviors."

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/fa...

Location hidden

#14 Jun 9, 2012
TVOSR, you're not fooling anyone here. Maybe you haven't acted out your homosexual attractions since your wild youth. Maybe you visit those public restrooms where other married men hang out now and then, who knows! What we do know is you're not straight. No straight person is as obsessed with gay men as you are. Straight men give gays little if any thought, but you obsess over it every day here.Thinking and talking about gays all the time is just another form of homosexual behavior.
animal control

West Mansfield, OH

#15 Jun 10, 2012
churches that purchase or recieve real estate with donated funds...convert it to tax exemt status...only to later flip the before mentioned real estate for a tidy profit.....are bad churches....Baby!

no charge
leave bellefontaine

Marysville, OH

#16 Jun 10, 2012
Mathew wrote:
<quoted text>
HE did hang around with 12 other dudes all the time never married, and statistics would show 1 or more of them would have been gay!!!
Satan

Mansfield, OH

#17 Jun 10, 2012
Kudos.
why lie

Bellefontaine, OH

#18 Jun 10, 2012
leave bellefontaine wrote:
<quoted text>
HE did hang around with 12 other dudes all the time never married, and statistics would show 1 or more of them would have been gay!!!
So you think one out of every 13 men are gay? Now you sound like a gay guy trying to internalize and sell everyone and himself his homosexuality. go look up the number of gay men in America then look up the number of males in our county. Idiot!! I hate liars but they are so easy to see. Where is your proof of any of the disciples or Jesus being gay? There is no proof of this nasty lie you are projecting on people.
why lie

Bellefontaine, OH

#19 Jun 11, 2012
Satan wrote:
Kudos.
You are just a total creep!! I hope you have time to change your evil heart before death calls you into the eternity you have chosen. I will pray for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More Good News for the Left 2 hr Mein Trumpf 17
Amish,Do we need em '? 3 hr Sunrise 9
Things that happen in the Logan County Jail. 4 hr free_a_dumbass 2
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! 6 hr Mein Trumpf 845
Life Lesson's! 6 hr CALM STILL VOICE 356
America Is NOT A ‘Christian Nation 12 hr CALM STILL VOICE 38
Is peak of ohio website nothing but Bulls**t ? Sun James 1

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance