Who

Bellefontaine, OH

#41 Apr 14, 2008
BigMoney49 wrote:
Well, as for Curt and the word great, is freaking scary! As for cover ups why is Curt and Joe Sr's name coming up in the missing person case of Kelly Warrick coming up?? Why won't the super cops do their damn job and get the crooked cops out, get some decent ones in and clear up this mess that Mr. Henry and his buddies created?? As for me, glad I don't live in Logan County just have to work there on occasions. Wasn't there a reporter or something years ago that said "If you want to commit a crime and get away with it, even murder go to Logan County, OH?"
Yes, Paul Harvey in his "rest of the story" commentary, years ago.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#42 Apr 15, 2008
who is Kelly Warrick? Never heard of them.
DickTracy

North Webster, IN

#43 Apr 15, 2008
Logan County Mom wrote:
who is Kelly Warrick? Never heard of them.
I went to school with him. He was from West Mansfield. I heard he turned narc to get out of some drug charges and came up missing or was probably killed.
AmP

Sunbury, OH

#44 Apr 15, 2008
duh

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#45 Apr 15, 2008
AmP wrote:
duh
What are you "duh"-ing? Finally figure out what a dumbass you are?
Lost

Mount Gilead, OH

#46 Apr 15, 2008
What does Kelly Warrick have to do with Rosebrook? I heard through the rumor mill, that they wanted Rosebrook for the Lattimer kid missing.
BigMoney49

United States

#47 Apr 15, 2008
Frazier's name was mentioned years ago with Warrick's disapperance.
confused

Cleveland, TN

#48 Apr 15, 2008
Lost wrote:
What does Kelly Warrick have to do with Rosebrook? I heard through the rumor mill, that they wanted Rosebrook for the Lattimer kid missing.
who is the Lattimer kid???? from around here..???

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#49 Apr 16, 2008
From the online Examiner:

By Reuben Mees
Examiner Staff Writer
04/16/08
Details of the murder conspiracy plot Joe E. Rosebrook Judd Jr. is accused of taking part in were revealed Wednesday in a Bellefontaine Municipal Court hearing, including both the target and the man who was paid approximately $4,500 by the Logan County Sheriff’s Office to gather evidence.

Although Judge John L. Ross found there was probable cause to turn the case over to a grand jury, he called the evidence presented by the state “underwhelming.”

He then reduced Mr. Judd’s bond from $100,000 to $5,000 cash or surety.

During the proceedings, Assistant Logan County Prosecutor questioned Detective Keith LeVan, who began investigating the 1999 disappearance of 18-year-old Michael Lattimer who was a potential witness against Mr. Judd’s father Joe Rosebrook in a burglary case.

Digital recordings of conversations between Terry Current, who spent time with Mr. Rosebrook in prison and then offered evidence to the sheriff’s office, and Mr. Judd, 33, revealed that the target of the plot was Carl Stevenson, one of the people named in the 1999 burglary investigation as a codefendant.

According to the tapes, Mr. Current introduced the idea of eliminating Mr. Stevenson, who he said had told detectives what he knew of Mr. Lattimer’s disappearance. Mr. Judd then can be heard saying that Mr. Current should sneak up behind Mr. Stevenson and hit him with a baseball bat. He does say it would not be necessary to kill him, only scare him into not testifying.

Mr. Judd also says he could help out with payment by possibly selling his car for $1,000. Mr. Current then says he would settle up for payment with Mr. Rosebrook.

For more details on this story see Thursday’s Bellefontaine Examiner.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#50 Apr 16, 2008
If that's all they have in the way of a 'case', they'd better forget it.

This county...I swear.*RE*
Lady of the night

San Francisco, CA

#51 Apr 16, 2008
I see so many of you say so many bad things about the LCOS. The next time you are in need of help
(someone breaking into your house or daughter bedroom) you should call the nice guys Curt Frazier and Rosebrook not the LCSO. Oh that right Rosebrook and Frazier are the ones breaking in so you don't need to call anyone.

Since: Apr 08

Greenville, OH

#52 Apr 16, 2008
he called the evidence presented by the state “underwhelming.”

uh yeah, so far I would have to agree with that statement!
I don't know the full details of either on of the Rosebrook's case, but that sounds like they are stretching awfully hard.
Lady Luck

Asheville, NC

#53 Apr 16, 2008
Logan County Mom wrote:
From the online Examiner:
By Reuben Mees
Examiner Staff Writer
04/16/08
Details of the murder conspiracy plot Joe E. Rosebrook Judd Jr. is accused of taking part in were revealed Wednesday in a Bellefontaine Municipal Court hearing, including both the target and the man who was paid approximately $4,500 by the Logan County Sheriff’s Office to gather evidence.
Although Judge John L. Ross found there was probable cause to turn the case over to a grand jury, he called the evidence presented by the state “underwhelming.”
He then reduced Mr. Judd’s bond from $100,000 to $5,000 cash or surety.
During the proceedings, Assistant Logan County Prosecutor questioned Detective Keith LeVan, who began investigating the 1999 disappearance of 18-year-old Michael Lattimer who was a potential witness against Mr. Judd’s father Joe Rosebrook in a burglary case.
Digital recordings of conversations between Terry Current, who spent time with Mr. Rosebrook in prison and then offered evidence to the sheriff’s office, and Mr. Judd, 33, revealed that the target of the plot was Carl Stevenson, one of the people named in the 1999 burglary investigation as a codefendant.
According to the tapes, Mr. Current introduced the idea of eliminating Mr. Stevenson, who he said had told detectives what he knew of Mr. Lattimer’s disappearance. Mr. Judd then can be heard saying that Mr. Current should sneak up behind Mr. Stevenson and hit him with a baseball bat. He does say it would not be necessary to kill him, only scare him into not testifying.
Mr. Judd also says he could help out with payment by possibly selling his car for $1,000. Mr. Current then says he would settle up for payment with Mr. Rosebrook.
For more details on this story see Thursday’s Bellefontaine Examiner.
Why did the LCSO pay someone $4500.00 to gather evidence? Why do we have detectives? I smell a fish! Mr Current "introduced the idea of eliminating Mr Stevenson". Something just does not add up!
want to know

Wapakoneta, OH

#54 Apr 16, 2008
I think this makes LCSO look pretty stupid!!!
Old Soul

United States

#55 Apr 16, 2008
Once again, the LCSO has provided us with more than enough reason to want a change in leadership. The last time I knew, Carl spelled his name with a K not a C. When the Rosebrook Sr. thing came down, Stevenson refused the LCSO offer and the same was true in providing anything against Snyder. He took the jail sentence. Stevenson is not smart enough to know enough to testify against anyone. He is an errand boy. I felt a little sorry for him when I met him. Maybe I underestimate him and he is smarter than we think and knows what side he needs to be on and all that is an act. Nothing much surprises me anymore. Current made the offer, seems the conspiracy is on him, or would you call this entrapment. Seems Judd said not to kill him just scare him. What a mess. Again made by our esteem leaders at the LCSO. November can not come to soon.
L C Resident

Galena, OH

#56 Apr 16, 2008
Old Soul wrote:
Once again, the LCSO has provided us with more than enough reason to want a change in leadership. The last time I knew, Carl spelled his name with a K not a C. When the Rosebrook Sr. thing came down, Stevenson refused the LCSO offer and the same was true in providing anything against Snyder. He took the jail sentence. Stevenson is not smart enough to know enough to testify against anyone. He is an errand boy. I felt a little sorry for him when I met him. Maybe I underestimate him and he is smarter than we think and knows what side he needs to be on and all that is an act. Nothing much surprises me anymore. Current made the offer, seems the conspiracy is on him, or would you call this entrapment. Seems Judd said not to kill him just scare him. What a mess. Again made by our esteem leaders at the LCSO. November can not come to soon.
Way to go Old Soul.
If any citizen looks at this and does not see an in justice they must have their blinders on. Our deputies used our tax dollars to pay an ex con to go after another Rosebrook. Or is it Judd...
Now making a plea bargin, yeah I could see that but to "Pay" him. Do we not work hard enough for our money that they(LCSO) feel the need to just give it away to an ex con. Sounds like LeVan just wanted to look good and instead of going after the one who was last seen with the Lattimer kid, entraps Judd for conspiracy. Where is the justice in that. Judd did not say to kill Stevenson so how is it conspiracy to commit murder anyway. Hmm.
I remember reading that Rosebrook was to take a polygraph test against Fraizer in the matter of the Lattimer kid. When the cops didn't want to hear what he had to say they arrest his son. Wow they will try to get you one way or the other I guess. I feel sorry for Judd. I wish I had the money to get him out of jail myself.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#57 Apr 16, 2008
From the Columbus Dispatch:

Informant details murder for hire
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 12:02 PM

The Columbus Dispatch
BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio — Joe Rosebrook Judd Jr. wanted to shut up the man who apparently was blabbing all he knew to authorities about an unsolved cold-case murder in which Judd’s father has long been considered a suspect.

So Judd told a man just released from prison that the job needed to be done, that Carl Stevenson, who had reportedly been talking to detectives about the 1999 disappearance and likely murder of 18-year-old Mike Lattimer, had to be stopped.

Judd, according to recorded conversations played as evidence during a hearing today in Bellefontaine Municipal Court, told Terry Current where Stevenson lived. Judd told Current that a secluded alley behind Stevenson’s house was a perfect place to hide and ambush Stevenson when he came home drunk.

“It wouldn’t be hard,” Judd says on the tape.“One big whack in the back of the (expletive) head with a big baseball bat. Even if he’s not dead, he won’t talk again.”

Judd, 33, of Rushylvania, goes on to say he could sell his Ford Mustang and come up with $1,000 to pay Current for the deed. His father, he said, could come up with more.

Those conversations were recorded on April 6, the day Judd was arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit aggravated murder, a first-degree felony.

Det. Keith LeVan of the Logan County sheriff’s office testified today that Current had been in prison with Judd’s father, Joe Rosebrook, who is serving 10 years in prison for conspiracy to commit murder and for charges related to an elaborate vehicle theft-ring and chop shop he operated. Rosebrook admitted to hiring a hit man to kill a witness in a case against him in 2005.

After Current was released from prison several months ago, he went to LeVan and said he had information about Rosebrook’s involvement in the Lattimer disappearance. LeVan testified that the sheriff’s office paid Current $4,500 over the last six months to act as an informant.

Current befriended Judd and wore a wire to help solve the Lattimer case, LeVan said.

Lattimer, who had worked on vehicles for Rosebrook, was arrested in 1999. It was widely known that after his arrest, he cooperated with authorities and had turned on Rosebrook. He disappeared in November of that year, not long after being released from jail on bond. Witnesses have said he was last seen getting into Rosebrook’s vehicle. Rosebrook has never been charged with any crime in connection with Lattimer’s disappearance.

Today, Bellefontaine Municipal Court Judge John Ross said he was “underwhelmed” by the evidence against Judd but agreed there was enough to transfer the case to the Logan County Common Pleas Court.

Ross did, however, reduce Judd’s bond from $100,000 to $5,000, citing the weak evidence as the reason.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#58 Apr 16, 2008
No wonder the LCSO is paying a convicted felon for info and using it to make themselves look good. He's one of their own kind.
mad cow

Sunbury, OH

#59 Apr 16, 2008
If there was a tv show called LCSD the reviews would say... funny, but totally unbelievable.

Where is Stout? shouldn't he be parking in the alley with some 13 yr old?

LeVan is in the house with the babysitter. And Kim Kellogg is turning the other way. Heaton has already marked the case closed before it gets filed..and Wammes has her checkbook out in case Jan needs to believe in her husband again.And off in the distance you can hear a faint thumping.....its Zorro!!
AmPlify

Sunbury, OH

#60 Apr 17, 2008
The missing kid will never be found, because he apparently was smashed up with all the left over cars and melted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Really Responsible for the Decline of th... 1 hr CALM STILL VOICE 29
Obama Bone Head Decision Boners [Results Matter] (Aug '14) 2 hr magictrix 462
Just What Are an Individuals Constitutional Rig... 2 hr magictrix 53
House Report Exonerates Hillary Clinton For Ben... Wed Flip Flopper 19
All Things Hillary (May '15) Wed Flip Flopper 132
Can't fool me, I'm a smart progressive (Nov '15) Wed GBA-freedom 252
EPA - It Needs It's Own Thread (Apr '14) Wed Big Bertha 145
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) Jun 27 Idk__ 400

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages