Click on an option to vote

No

Yes

soo annoyed

Trenton, OH

#41 Apr 20, 2012
OUeat12 wrote:
<quoted text>
She was a kid (No crime on her part) Core is an adult and he should go to jail! You must not be a parent....The law is black and white when it comes to teachers messing with underage students.
Im a parent and would allow him around my children. He didn't do anything wrong legally... nor did he do anything sexual with her! If you knew them, or anything aboutthis then you would know that! If she was 18 no one would have said a word, which she is 18 now!
NObama

Ada, OH

#42 Apr 20, 2012

OUeat12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the laws you freaken idiots!!!
I think it should be illegal to have a crush on a student, but in Ohio it is not. I think it should be illegal to 'friend' a student on Facebook or other social media, but in Ohio it is not. I think it should be criminal for a teacher to text a student, but in Ohio it is not. Do we allow coaches to call athletes on their cells to change practice? If so, is it OK for the choir teacher to call a student? Who sets these rules? Local, State or God forbid the Federal level?

What law did Josh break? He exercised terrible judgement, but it must have been nothing criminal or he would have been charged by now - right?

How I hope you are not the poop troll in disguise with your current name. 

YESBAMA

Centerburg, OH

#43 Apr 21, 2012
NObama wrote:

<quoted text>
I think it should be illegal to have a crush on a student, but in Ohio it is not. I think it should be illegal to 'friend' a student on Facebook or other social media, but in Ohio it is not. I think it should be criminal for a teacher to text a student, but in Ohio it is not. Do we allow coaches to call athletes on their cells to change practice? If so, is it OK for the choir teacher to call a student? Who sets these rules? Local, State or God forbid the Federal level?
What law did Josh break? He exercised terrible judgement, but it must have been nothing criminal or he would have been charged by now - right?

How I hope you are not the poop troll in disguise with your current name. 

It is up to the school district to set up a code of conduct with staff members. It should detail what staff members can and can't do with the students regarding texting, befriending them on face book, and relationships with minors/students. I had to sign documentation that I would not do this, and it was put in my personnel file. According to sports practices... I think a phone call would be sufficient enough instead of texting. If I was a coach, we have a one call system that notifies families of delays, cancelations, and upcoming events. I would use this system. If it was a last minute cancellation or change, I would call the home phone if possible. I think that would be professional thing to do!
i like 2 fire people

West Mansfield, OH

#44 Apr 21, 2012
Snapped

Bellefontaine, OH

#45 Apr 22, 2012
All these people saying they had no sexual relation.. Really? How do you know this? A 25 yr old man does not date a 17 yr old for her personality.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#46 Apr 22, 2012
Snapped wrote:
All these people saying they had no sexual relation.. Really? How do you know this? A 25 yr old man does not date a 17 yr old for her personality.
How do you know that they dated? How do you know that there was a sexual relationship? Are you privy to information not reported in the paper?

Wouldn't it have been reported in the paper if there had been alleged sexual relations? In every other case, it is mentioned if sexual relations were alleged. In this case all that is alleged is text messages and the exchange of a photo.
Josh Rocks

Lima, OH

#47 Apr 22, 2012
Concerned Parent wrote:
How ironic that in today's times there are parents at Triad that feel it is socially acceptable for a 25 year old man, teacher, coach and man of the law to have sexual or inaproprite relations with a teen age girl. Who is the adult here {Josh Core!} As a teacher, coach, & law officer he has broken every code of ethics possible. It amazes me that the community feels sorry for this 25t year old pervert. Creep and loser who preyed on th is young girl. Remeber just at teen age girl who has the rest of her lifve to try and recover fvrom this mans selfish actions. I have to ask if your a parent who would do anything for your children even die for them if necessary. How would feel or what would you do if some creepy 25 year old pervert was having sex or molesting your daughter? Would you feel as sympathectic toward him. Every year we here about these types of people taking advantage of our kids at school. Josh Core is know different. This man will lose evrything he has worked for all because he was selfish and could not restrain himself from sexual relations with a young teenage girl. Josh Core you leave Triad athletics, resign from your police job and get far, far away from our children and don't return. You are not welcome in Champign county any longer! Sincerely very concerned Triad father.
16 years of age is the age of consent here in Ohio, idiot.
animal control

West Mansfield, OH

#49 Apr 22, 2012
Ohio

Under Ohio Rev. Code Sec. 2907.03, it is sexual battery for one person to have sexual contact with another if:

1. the offender is a teacher, administrator, coach, or other person in authority employed by or serving in a school subject to state board of education standards, the other person is enrolled in or attends that school, and the offender is not enrolled in and does not attend that school;

2. the other person is a minor, the offender is a teacher, administrator, coach, or other person in authority employed by or serving in an institution of higher education, and the other person is enrolled in or attends that institution; or

3. the other person is a minor, and the offender is the other person's athletic or other type of coach, instructor, or scout troop leader or is a person with temporary or occasional disciplinary control over the other person.

Sexual battery is a third degree felony and offenders are subject to imprisonment for one to five years, a fine of up to $5,000, or both. If the other person is under 13, sexual battery is a second degree felony and the court must sentence the offender to imprisonment for two to eight years, and can impose a fine of up to $10,000

no charge

Location hidden

#50 Apr 22, 2012
Has sexual battery been alleged? No. Not according to the information that has been released.
animal control

West Mansfield, OH

#51 Apr 22, 2012
The Triad Local Schools coach and substitute teacher under investigation for an alleged inappropriate relationship with a student is also on administrative leave from the Washington Twp. Police Department in Logan County, where he is an auxiliary police officer.

CHAMPAIGN COUNTY, Ohio —
A Triad Local Schools coach and substitute teacher is under investigation and banned from school property over allegations he had an inappropriate relationship with a student.

The school has reported the allegations to the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office and the Ohio Department of Education and is not using Core as a substitute teacher. He is also banned from school property and activities.

A West Liberty resident who is a Triad Local Schools coach and substitute teacher is currently under investigation relating to allegations he had an inappropriate relationship with a student.

no charge

Location hidden

#52 Apr 23, 2012
But, according to this article, they are not alleging sexual battery

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/crime/...
animal control

West Mansfield, OH

#53 Apr 23, 2012
But, they don't investigate juss anyone for inaproapiate sexual relationships with a minor..theres something to this and the newsrags and the public will be the last to know,,,

My guess is mister core will be getting a notice before this summer, i suggest he keep up his personal hygine and everything, so if the take his photo his mug will be better than the choirboy with bad had, dirty face, and suicideal thoughts......Baby!

no charge
animal control

West Mansfield, OH

#54 Apr 24, 2012
animal control

West Mansfield, OH

#55 Apr 24, 2012
&fe ature=related

no charge
wakeupBtown

Mount Gilead, OH

#56 Apr 25, 2012
xxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up in Champaign County, therefore I keep close family ties. I have had a few friends and family have to go to court and the judge threw the book at them!! Oh yes, He has a dress code, and you had better wear long sleeves and cover up those tatoos and take out those hideous facial piercings. It is a no-nonsense kind of court. He doesn't care what your last name is or where you work. GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!
TO bad we don't have that kind of law in Bellefontaine!!
Concerned Local

Marysville, OH

#57 Apr 25, 2012
OUeat12 wrote:
<quoted text>
She was a kid (No crime on her part) Core is an adult and he should go to jail! You must not be a parent....The law is black and white when it comes to teachers messing with underage students.
Oh its always "well there just kids" until some kid that may not come from one of your outstanding families does some sort of injustice to you/your family. I read these forums and one minute you have people saying "well shes just a kid" and the next there talking about charging kids like adults because they did something wrong. If we can charge a 13 year old as an adult for robbery then I'm damn sure we can expect a 17 almost 18 year old female to act as an adult and make adult type decisions.
Now that I'm done ranting I will say that I do not think what Josh did was right, there is a ethical issue there. But do I think what he did was bad enough to make this big of a fuss about....NO. Hes 25 and she is 18 now. If she had been a whole minute older when this thing came down they could have went and got married and there wouldnt have been anything we could do about it. I am against 50 something prowler teachers taking advantage of any girl under the age of 17, but seriously if we trust them enough to put our lives in there hands with them behind the wheel of a car then why cant we trust them enough to make an adult decision and stick with it. She isnt the one throwing a hissy about this, its her parents with there pants in a bunch.
other side of tracks

United States

#58 Apr 25, 2012
wakeupBtown wrote:
<quoted text>TO bad we don't have that kind of law in Bellefontaine!!
What do you expect when you vote in liberal judges like Ann Beck and O'Connor? If people want tougher punishment, you better vote for more conservative judges.
animal control

West Mansfield, OH

#59 Apr 25, 2012
a teacher, coach & a cop....????..Baby!

no charge
Rotten to the CORE

Mount Gilead, OH

#60 Dec 17, 2013
Why was he kissing a schoolgirl at work and getting nude pics? Because he is a PERV that likes his students. Sounds like Tim Shook or Jon Stout.
Rotten to the CORE

Mount Gilead, OH

#61 Jan 23, 2014
What a scam!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kansas is an example of the results of unabated... 3 hr Donald T Rump 9
Who Is Really Responsible for the Decline of th... 3 hr Donald T Rump 5
George Will Jumps From Sinking Ship That Is The... 4 hr Donald T Rump 1
Did Jesus Judge People and Their Behavior? 5 hr CALM STILL VOICE 125
Liberal "Code Language" Exposed! 5 hr CALM STILL VOICE 19
Alabama House Speaker Convicted Of 12 Felony Et... 5 hr Wite_Out 9
Donald Trump is too dangerous to be president 5 hr Donald T Rump 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages