Morgan Freeman For President

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 16, 2012
Thank you, Zen Dude, for bringing this to our attention.

I have often proclaimed my derision for sensationalist media.

Morgan Freeman is brilliant in this comment pertaining to the senseless violence we experienced recently...

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
pollster

Lewistown, OH

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
Thank you, Zen Dude, for bringing this to our attention.
I have often proclaimed my derision for sensationalist media.
Morgan Freeman is brilliant in this comment pertaining to the senseless violence we experienced recently...
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.
It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.
CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.
You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
{You can help by turning off the news."}

Yes turn it off!

The music is also all Choreographed to fit with the images shown to help bring the listeners along in their moment of sadness. Sick!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Dec 16, 2012
I would vote for him. Hands down

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 16, 2012
So now they are saying this is a hoax.

Who knows the truth?
Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#5 Dec 16, 2012
FYI

Burbank, CA

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Anyone else notice the record of public shooting sprees under the current administration?
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#7 Dec 17, 2012
BilboBagginsTheHobbit wrote:
I would vote for him. Hands down
Although Mr. Freeman may sound wonderful when he reads or recites script, he checks his skin to see what color to vote. I love him on screen, but as with so many, please keep your political views to yourself. The ad he did for the Obama campaign was from start to finish a deception of fact. The fact that he placed his name and reputation on that ad shows me the content of his grey matter.
Colin Powell is another given too much credit. I first knew him as a one star in Hawaii. Like Obama, he was given a greased track to run on with nothing to impede his progress.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 17, 2012
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Although Mr. Freeman may sound wonderful when he reads or recites script, he checks his skin to see what color to vote. I love him on screen, but as with so many, please keep your political views to yourself. The ad he did for the Obama campaign was from start to finish a deception of fact. The fact that he placed his name and reputation on that ad shows me the content of his grey matter.
Colin Powell is another given too much credit. I first knew him as a one star in Hawaii. Like Obama, he was given a greased track to run on with nothing to impede his progress.
He's an actor. What do u expect? I guess when I said I would vote 4 him I shoulda said I would vot foe the character he's playing.
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#9 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
He's an actor. What do u expect? I guess when I said I would vote 4 him I shoulda said I would vot foe the character he's playing.
Thank you for the clarification.
Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#10 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Freeman denied saying what you guys have credited him for saying. It's another e-mail rumor thingy.
The Oracle

Lima, OH

#11 Dec 17, 2012
Blame Obama.

Blame the mainstream media.

But whatever you do don't blame guns or the gun-crazed nature of American society.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 17, 2012
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the clarification.
No problem man. Uand th oracle make sense.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 17, 2012
You and the...sorry...fat fingers agin.
The Oracle

Lima, OH

#15 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
No problem man. Uand th oracle make sense.
I always knew Hobbits were intelligent creatures!
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#16 Dec 17, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
Blame Obama.
But whatever you do don't blame guns or the gun-crazed nature of American society.
I'll extend my usual invite to you. I have several guns and some I keep loaded; you are welcomed to come by and I will show them to you. The only gun-crazed Americans are those who want them banned. I know of no gun ower who feels threatened by them.
Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#17 Dec 17, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
Blame Obama.
I don't think they understood your satirical humor.
Pollster

Lewistown, OH

#18 Dec 17, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
Blame Obama.
{But whatever you do don't blame guns or the gun-crazed nature of American society.}

Lets think about this a minute?

Lets pretend that all guns on earth are gone.

Now how do we fix homosexual pedophilia upon children, suicide among the young, alcohol/drugs among the young, the feeling of abandonment among the young, why children question why others have a father and mother in the home, as the have two men, why children question why they have a parade of strange men in and out of their home, why children question why there are fires in the streets and cars burning, Why children question why their mother has a black eye, why are atheist suing to remove crosses from grandpa's war memorial, why atheist are suing to remove the nativity in their local neighborhood etc.

As you can see guns are not the problem. Guns are only the symptoms of the problems that I mention, being played out within the liberal society that created them.

Guns are symptoms, but society's moral corruptions create killers!

Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#19 Dec 17, 2012
Pollster wrote:
<quoted text>
{But whatever you do don't blame guns or the gun-crazed nature of American society.}
Lets think about this a minute?
Lets pretend that all guns on earth are gone.
Now how do we fix homosexual pedophilia upon children, suicide among the young, alcohol/drugs among the young, the feeling of abandonment among the young, why children question why others have a father and mother in the home, as the have two men, why children question why they have a parade of strange men in and out of their home, why children question why there are fires in the streets and cars burning, Why children question why their mother has a black eye, why are atheist suing to remove crosses from grandpa's war memorial, why atheist are suing to remove the nativity in their local neighborhood etc.
As you can see guns are not the problem. Guns are only the symptoms of the problems that I mention, being played out within the liberal society that created them.
Guns are symptoms, but society's moral corruptions create killers!
How you can spread a false-hood that homosexuals are pedophiles is beyond me. A pedophile likes children period, not consensual adults.. A homosexual is attracted to the same sex, not innocent kids. You have done this, before in your attempt to gather a following filled with hatred to go after the homosexual. Your ammo is to drum up more hatred, fear, and illogical reasoning. Your so called "logic" doesn't hold up to water because it is almost always a straight individual who is the pedophile, like all the countless males who assault little girls and babies. Pedophiles are mentally unbalanced people, and the thing they do hurts people and ruins lives. The gay down the street doesn't hurt my life, nor does he hurt the life of his consenting partner.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#20 Dec 17, 2012

Location hidden

#21 Dec 17, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
I always knew Hobbits were intelligent creatures!
Ah, but the halfling's leaf will clearly slow our mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! (Jan '17) 6 hr Mein Trumpf 1,697
Do You Support Gay Marriage? (Apr '09) Sat Geraldo 1,255
Life Lesson's! (Nov '16) Sat CALM STILL VOICE 399
Is Topix on Life Support? (May '15) Sat CALM STILL VOICE 94
News Suspected heroin overdose victim revived in Bel... Sat Wite_Out 7
Old Post Office (Feb '09) Jul 21 Charlie Chipmonk 32
Positive Teens? Jul 21 Jeanieg1601 4

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance