Indian Lake Proposed School
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
lakemomma

Bellefontaine, OH

#88 Oct 10, 2012
waste busters...4 bus's stop within 2 doors of ours..ok the first 2 bus's stop for high schools, one on one side of us and the other on the other side of us.within 15 min of each other.then one more stops for a middle schooler...then the last one stops for a elementary student....WHY?????put all on one bus and start them ALL AT THE SAME TIME...WTF....all these kids are all within stop sign to stop sign????? i really dont get it....
Concerned 2

Marion, OH

#89 Oct 12, 2012
Concerned IL citizen wrote:
There is a lot more here to be concerned about than just an artificial turf for the football field. How about the new hires? A new basketball coach from West Virginia? Is he just rotating out of where he was because he has some things to hide? And phys ed, the new coach is brought in to teach phys ed? Until academics are placed above sports, we are in a lot of trouble. Some serious changes need to be made before anything else should be considered. Administrators need to be accountable. Accountability should start at the top and work its way down. And until it does, board members need to be held accountable! They represent and are voted by the public to make sure that the best interest of education is carried out for the school system. So before committees are formed to research turf, and a hiring team is established to interview coaches (prior to hiring staff positions based on their actual teaching credentials), board members need to get a grip on what is actually important. The things that need to be cleaned up at the high school can NO LONGER be overlooked! Do what we voted you in to do...look out for the best interest of the education of our children! Bullying by a principal is not only unprofessional but should not be tolerated, period! Before this community will vote in any funding for this school system we will need to see change at the high school. If you want to talk sports, then "step to the plate" board members. Make the tough calls so that IL as a system can once again be the best that it can be. OUR KIDS DESERVE IT!
**APPLAUDING**^^ Couldn't have said it better myself! And there's a lot more issues than just the hiring of the phys. ed teacher. Which, by the way we weren't looking to hire. We needed a HEALTH teacher. Something the guy from West Virgina wasn't certified in...so they FORCED Mr. Pequignot to move to Health to open up a position in phys ed. Thus screwing over a veteran teacher, coach & IL alumni. All because they needed a basketball coach! Since when did the hiring of coaches become more important than hiring the right teachers? A good coach doesn't always equal a good educator. Why wasn't Lillard even granted an interview? He's put his time in coaching 2 sports, helping with weightlifting and is an alumni. And is actually certified in health! Common sense doesn't seem like its been utilized here. The HS special education teacher has 28 years experience but aren't we wondering why he "left" Sidney? He got hired at IL because he's a friend of the Superintendent and he agreed to coach (cross country, I believe). Why wasn't Jacobs given an interview? Again- an IL alumni and has experience teaching at the Lake & is well liked there. There's been talk that the art teacher at the middle school has a connection to the superintendent as well. Is it coincidence that the basketball coach from West Virginia is her brother-in-law (or something of that nature)....I don't think so. It seems the Superintendent is overlooking some potentially great TEACHERS to do a favor for friends by getting them jobs & then patting himself on the back for filling all these coaching positions. It isn't going to stop there...he's already got a friend of his (also from Sidney) that believes he's lined up to slide right into the athletic directors job when he retires after this year. when does it stop? When we become the Sidney Lakers? I'm not saying that the new hires are bad people, coaches or teachers. I just think it could have been done more fairly than 1 guy appointing positions to his buddies. There needed to be a hiring committee of mixed people that helped with reviewing applications & conducting interviews. And shame on the school board for not standing up for the best interest of their students. Putting coaches in front of teachers isn't the way it should be!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alabama House Speaker Convicted Of 12 Felony Et... 29 min Big Bertha 6
Why Demoncrats give off an offensive odor. 32 min Big Bertha 25
All Things Hillary (May '15) 36 min Big Bertha 123
need to read!!!! 1 hr one day 1
Kansas is an example of the results of unabated... 3 hr Donald T Rump 6
A RARE JUDGE in a CORRUPT JUDICIAL SYSTEM 5 hr DON W SOUTH 1
Thank You Officer Murry Griffin KIA Belle Center 7 hr my last two cents 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages