Comments
61 - 80 of 82 Comments Last updated Oct 12, 2012
farmer bill

Lima, OH

#67 Oct 6, 2012
Sorry pale ale but where do you get your facts?My taxes on my ag land is closer to 13.25 on average?Keep talking somebody will believe you!

“Libertarian not Republican”

Since: Jul 12

Indian Lake

#68 Oct 6, 2012
The article I read in the Columbus Dispatch said that farmland was revalued at like $2,300 per acre in 2011. This levy equates to $250 per $100,000. Are you saying you pay 13.25 per acre now?
farmer bill

Lima, OH

#69 Oct 6, 2012
cauv is calculated on a lot of factors soil type and yield are 2 of them.Yes my taxes averaged 13.25 an acre for 2011 taxes paid in 2012.Farmland values in ohio vary greatly!Sometimes pretty drastic between townships.
just a question

Sidney, OH

#70 Oct 6, 2012
When did Indian Lake ever have 5 schools? 4 yes, but 5 no! BTW ever hear of INFLATION? Happens in schools too ya know. I guess if you don't think your CHILD is important enough to vote yes on this then that is your right. As for me i know MY child is worth the little increase in taxes.

Indian Lake

#71 Oct 6, 2012
Huntsville and Lakeview elementary, Lewistown alternative plus the high school and middle school. I voted to build new schools to lower the operating costs before I had my child so don't give me any self rightous crap. If you have no problem blindly throwing money at people, have at it. What you fail to take into consideration is that many of the people that will be paying this tax have no children or have grown children that never went to these schools. Hell, many of them don't even live in the school district, but that is beside the point. The point is that the district has evidently pissed away everything saved by the new schools and now they want more and they are counting on people like you to cry this "If you don't give them money you don't care about the kids" crap.

Indian Lake

#72 Oct 6, 2012
lol, they send a full size bus to Bellefontaine everyday to transport a couple kids to and from the Discovery Center. Hell, it may just be one in a wheelchair. Lord knows a small van with a ramp couldn't do that on a tenth of the fuel. No, that's not wasteful spending and I'm sure that's the only case like that. . . . .
honest abe

Lima, OH

#73 Oct 6, 2012
Gotta agree on inflation just a question.First good answer on this topic!My whole point on the fed printing money.Just remember whenever there is a vote you always hear "what about the children" "corporations" "fiscal responsibilty" "aren't they worth it" Just remember when the chicken farm was coming everyone was gonna die!Now there are big piles of chicken shit piled all over the county and nobody died!But we let honda transmission pollute russels point.Transmission fluid is not a safe substance.Everyday when i drive by htm on my way to work i see litter everywhere around there.You can tell when the recycling truck leaves by the trash in the ditch!They hire temps so that they have cheaper labor and they still get tax abatements.Isn't little johnny worth it?Yes he is!Does little johnny need new books?Maybe.Does he need someone to pay for his education like generations before got there's paid for.Yes he does.Talking about farm taxes could indian lake have a worse ffa teacher?My daughter tells how it's the biggest joke.She says everyone who wants an easy class takes it and how you just screw around in class.Must not have a profiencency test on ffa so he can keep his job lol!

Indian Lake

#74 Oct 6, 2012
farmer bill wrote:
cauv is calculated on a lot of factors soil type and yield are 2 of them.Yes my taxes averaged 13.25 an acre for 2011 taxes paid in 2012.Farmland values in ohio vary greatly!Sometimes pretty drastic between townships.
So $1,325 per 100 acres. That doesn't seem that awful low as many seem to think. Again I will pose the question. How much do you people think Farmer Bill should be paying? Do you think he should be taxed at the same rate as residential real estate? If he was taxed at the same rate, how much do you think a bloody can of corn would cost?

The only tax that is truely fair and even across the board is a sales tax. However, in today's climate everybody has to tighten their belts including the schools. Too many people just don't have money and those that do have it don't have as much as they did.
angry kenyan

Mount Vernon, OH

#75 Oct 6, 2012
Too many campgrounds w full time residents and 19 kids each. Hell yes they're for property tax increases. Just legalize pot and tax it. Russell's point revenue would cover the whole district.
Just a question

Bellefontaine, OH

#76 Oct 6, 2012
So you want them to spend money on a van? Sounds a heck of a lot more expensive then using a school bus they already own. I could see being upset about the school if it wasn't a good school system, but according to the newspaper article just a few days ago looks to me like they are getting the job done.

You want to get on someone for wasting your mone why not hit up Wendy's? Why wrap your sandwich then stick it in a little sandwich carrier? Sounds like an extra expense to me, maybe we should boycott them for the misuse of money!

Every school needs help financially it's not the schools fault, but until someone comes up with a better way to support the school systems maybe we could all do our part.

I for one will vote YES for the Indian Lake levy!
just a question

Bellefontaine, OH

#77 Oct 6, 2012
Btw I don't think the alternative school was funded by Indian lake, I think it was a countywide alternative school, but I could be wrong on this issue.

Indian Lake

#78 Oct 7, 2012
How are we ALL doing our part again?

Tell me question, would you deliver a pizza in a semi? And why would you have such a problem with an audit? Are you one of them? If they are spending the money properly and really need it they should have nothing to fear.
just a question

Bellefontaine, OH

#79 Oct 7, 2012
No I wouldn't deliver a pizza in a semi, but I also wouldn't go buy a $20,000+ car to do so either because then I've spent that money plus the gas it would cost to still drive the car. Doesn't make much sense to spend thousands of dollars to save a few bucks a week.

I have no problem with an audit it would finally shut people up like you who think the school is just pissing away the money when in fact they are not.

It costs a lot of money to run a school just like any other business out there, the difference is the school doesn't make money....just educated people.

Indian Lake

#80 Oct 7, 2012
I'm sure looking beyond a year and saving money in the long run makes no sense at all to you. Are you sure you aren't on the board?

And again, how will EVERYBODY be doing their part to support the schools?
peanut

Bellefontaine, OH

#81 Oct 7, 2012
vote NO!!!!!!!!
just a question

Bellefontaine, OH

#82 Oct 7, 2012
It would take more than a year to pay off the van you want them to purchase. If they would have bought a van just to haul a few kids to Bellefontaine everyday you people would start moaning and groaning about such a frivolous purchase. You're never happy and always look for the downfall instead of the positive things the school gets accomplished. I for one chose not to live my life being negative. And btw no I'm not part of the board or in the school system in anyway.

I feel you need your facts straight before you vote. Go to a levy meeting and get informed before you keep bashing the school. Ask your questions to them I'm sure they will be happy to answer them for you.
Move on

Columbiana, OH

#83 Oct 7, 2012
I'm not going to get into whether I am for or against the levy but I will say that I will not give another dime to the school because I don't want to see any of my money going to Mr. Shaner. I hear everyone say "do it for the kids". Well I for one say if you are truely wanting what is best for the kids, then take a look at the administration starting with Mr. Shaner. If they aren't doing what is best for the kids, then why should we. If this Levi passes, tell me how the kids will benefit while Shaner is still there?
farmer bob

Springfield, OH

#84 Oct 7, 2012
I think the farmers are making too much and not paying property tax. No need for a levy just have farmers pay
getreal

Mansfield, OH

#86 Oct 7, 2012
Ben Dover wrote:
This fall Indian Lake School district wants to out a property tax increase on the November ballot. At the same time here is a part of the news report from WPKO.
The Indian Lake School Board met in special session Friday morning.
Superintendent Pat O'Donnell (pictured) and the board heard a presentation regarding synthetic turf for the football stadium.
The new surface would benefit the football and soccer teams.
The estimated cost would be about $600,000
The grass field that they have in the stadium is in very good condition, and it would seem to me that the school board needs totally replaced if they go ahead with this proposal and then put more taxes on the property owner.
This last year the farm land in Logan county was revalues for the CAUV program and most farmers seen an increase from 25 to 35% on the amount of taxes paid . What has happened to that money?
Someone enlighten me on the need for a new field at the Indian Lake School
My vote will be a big NO
what the candy asses cant play in the dirt?
just a question

Bellefontaine, OH

#87 Oct 7, 2012
That proposed football turf was going to be through private donations. The school was not putting any money into the artificial turf! You yourself said that was part of the news report from WPKO, why not post the part where the money was coming from? Oh that's right it would be detrimental to you bashing the school system.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Labor Day (Aug '09) 10 min bizzyboddy 27
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 13 min Canton 30,491
Is Michelle Obama calling the Founding Fathers ... 23 min bizzyboddy 31
smokingonbus 33 min batman 1
Scotty Ball the wunderkind 1 hr DJm 2
bad skewl bus drivers (Nov '13) 1 hr imSOsexyDATTitHURTZ 28
Extreme Couponing (Jun '11) 2 hr imSOsexyDATTitHURTZ 6
The Tea Party...Friend or Foe 3 hr Flip Flopper 118
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) Wed Fhf 319
•••
•••
•••

Bellefontaine Jobs

•••