Indian Lake Proposed School
Stacys Mom

Bellefontaine, OH

#24 Jun 12, 2012
IL Citizen wrote:
I have a friend on the committee. He says they are going to hold public meetings about the issue if the board allows this. For the record, the school isn't asking for this and it isn't their idea. A group of taxpayers has come up with the idea and wants the school to allow them to raise the money for the field.
Who is the chairman of the committee?
IL Citizen

Ada, OH

#25 Jun 12, 2012
Not sure. I'll ask this weekend and post.
Stacys Mom wrote:
<quoted text>Who is the chairman of the committee?
Teabaggers

Greenwich, OH

#26 Jun 13, 2012
leave Bellefontaine wrote:
get it in writing that no matter what happens to the field now or when it wears out that the taxpayer don't have to pay for it....
You're an id!ot.
Teabaggers

Greenwich, OH

#27 Jun 13, 2012
Vote NO wrote:
They just stated a few weeks back they will be running a deficit. Now they want a 600k field.
Maybe they should make Honda pay property tax intstead of giving them tax breaks!
Running deficits is part of finance strategy jackass. Go back to school. You have no clue what you are talking about. Stup!d fncking redneck.
Vote NO

Bellefontaine, OH

#28 Jun 13, 2012
Teabaggers wrote:
<quoted text>Running deficits is part of finance strategy jackass. Go back to school. You have no clue what you are talking about. Stup!d fncking redneck.
Thanks for the laugh. I guess I'm wrong about living within ones means and not spending money they don't have.
Teabaggers

United States

#29 Jun 13, 2012
Vote NO wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh. I guess I'm wrong about living within ones means and not spending money they don't have.
You should leave the thinking up to others.
Concerned IL citizen

Fredericktown, OH

#30 Jun 13, 2012
Why does this discussion continue to go in a direction that is not helpful. First of all, I would simply state that the article coming out in the paper concerning the artificial turf at this time was unfortunate as it has drawn focus away from the actual issues. The article and the misunderstanding of it is just what is needed to cloud the debate on what is happening academically for our children at the high school level. First of all, are they being challenged with a level of education that prepares them for post graduation? Whether it be college or working at a local trade, can they be competitive and stand on their own? My concern is that administration at this level has no real investment in the academic process across the board. The lack of interest at the top does not promote a collaborative unity within the learning environment. Therefore our children suffer from the trickle down effect. There are no meetings on any kind of a regular basis at the high school between teachers and administration. Young teachers have nothing to gauge their effectiveness by. There is nothing proactive happening, just "fast and furious" cover-up when someone doesn't do their job. Let us please stop talking about things that would allow us to stray from the topic of concern. New leadership is and has been needed at the high school for some time now. We have to join together in asking the school board members to do their job. It seems questionable to me that a special board meeting is held at predawn hours to hire coaches, teachers, accept some resignations and get an update from an individual on artificial turf. It will not surprise you to hear that not everyone is treated equally, and not all are held to the same level of accountability as others. As a community we want to sing the praises of our school district, but board members and those in top leadership positions are making it extremely difficult to get the voters approval. The sad thing is...our children will be the ones to suffer when the additional financial cuts are made. You won't see anyone at the top sacrifice anything but our kids by continuing to keep teachers that are not measuring up to academic standards and continuing to keep administrators that do not care about holding teachers to a standard of excellence by offering leadership.
Not a Lake Rat Fan

Bellefontaine, OH

#31 Jun 13, 2012
It's the lake, what do you expect of them?
Ben Dover

Saint Marys, OH

#32 Jun 19, 2012
Well I see they are going to put a new tax on the November ballot. The need to generate 2.75 million per year.
Again my question is what did they do with the money that was received by them when the farmers land was re-evaluated for CAUV. I am not a farmer, but I think the school owes them an answer. The school need to learn to live within their budget rather than just raising the budget for things they think they need. The kids need a good education, but what has happened in the last year that requires them to need an additional 2.75 million dollars next year. The levy is for 10 years and you know at the end of 10 years they wont let it expire because they will just increase the budget so they have to have it and then ask for a renewal.
Same thing will happen to Bellefontaine... first new school, then they will come back because they have no money to operate it.
KPMG

Columbus, OH

#33 Jun 19, 2012
Most of you couldn't even read a balance sheet.
Voter

Columbus, OH

#34 Jun 19, 2012
If you're wondering what would happen without public education... just drive down 235 towards Degraff... They're called Amish.

It's a perfect example of the same race following totally different philosphies.

2.75 mill is appropriate for a community Indian Lake's size
Just Courious

Bellville, OH

#35 Jun 19, 2012
Stacys Mom wrote:
<quoted text>Who is the chairman of the committee?
Did you ever get an answer to your question?
Agree

Mount Vernon, OH

#36 Jun 19, 2012
Concerned IL citizen wrote:
Why does this discussion continue to go in a direction that is not helpful. First of all, I would simply state that the article coming out in the paper concerning the artificial turf at this time was unfortunate as it has drawn focus away from the actual issues. The article and the misunderstanding of it is just what is needed to cloud the debate on what is happening academically for our children at the high school level. First of all, are they being challenged with a level of education that prepares them for post graduation? Whether it be college or working at a local trade, can they be competitive and stand on their own? My concern is that administration at this level has no real investment in the academic process across the board. The lack of interest at the top does not promote a collaborative unity within the learning environment. Therefore our children suffer from the trickle down effect. There are no meetings on any kind of a regular basis at the high school between teachers and administration. Young teachers have nothing to gauge their effectiveness by. There is nothing proactive happening, just "fast and furious" cover-up when someone doesn't do their job. Let us please stop talking about things that would allow us to stray from the topic of concern. New leadership is and has been needed at the high school for some time now. We have to join together in asking the school board members to do their job. It seems questionable to me that a special board meeting is held at predawn hours to hire coaches, teachers, accept some resignations and get an update from an individual on artificial turf. It will not surprise you to hear that not everyone is treated equally, and not all are held to the same level of accountability as others. As a community we want to sing the praises of our school district, but board members and those in top leadership positions are making it extremely difficult to get the voters approval. The sad thing is...our children will be the ones to suffer when the additional financial cuts are made. You won't see anyone at the top sacrifice anything but our kids by continuing to keep teachers that are not measuring up to academic standards and continuing to keep administrators that do not care about holding teachers to a standard of excellence by offering leadership.
I agree, why can't IL have success like other districts in the area?
Interesting

West Liberty, OH

#37 Jun 19, 2012
You have some very interesting points and I do agree with a lot. However more money will fix none of the core problems. I will be voting a big NO on the operating levy. It is obvious that there is more concern in the school district about turf than textbooks. Im not wasting my money and I encourage you to do the same.
Concerned IL citizen wrote:
Scandals

Lima, OH

#38 Jun 19, 2012
Is the athletic boosters aware of some very recent allegations being charged to one of their members that pertain to a very large sum of money being stolen from Honda. he was walked out of work last week. Just saying check all your money. Also don't care if it is funded by donations those donations could be put to better use! Your entire athletic program needs an overhaul your football field should be at the end of that list!
Pat Sajak

Bellefontaine, OH

#39 Jun 19, 2012
Scandals wrote:
Is the athletic boosters aware of some very recent allegations being charged to one of their members that pertain to a very large sum of money being stolen from Honda. he was walked out of work last week. Just saying check all your money. Also don't care if it is funded by donations those donations could be put to better use! Your entire athletic program needs an overhaul your football field should be at the end of that list!
How about some initials? Can we at least buy a Vowel?

"E"
Detective 101

Lima, OH

#40 Jun 19, 2012
There are only a handful of members, they said he, and they worked at Honda until last week
want to know

United States

#41 Jun 19, 2012
Voter wrote:
If you're wondering what would happen without public education... just drive down 235 towards Degraff... They're called Amish.
It's a perfect example of the same race following totally different philosphies.
2.75 mill is appropriate for a community Indian Lake's size
i bet they have more money then you.
Elder Ezekiel

Bellefontaine, OH

#42 Jun 19, 2012
want to know wrote:
<quoted text>i bet they have more money then you.
... and they know than difference between "then" and "than", DlPSHlT.
know the deal

Bellefontaine, OH

#43 Jun 19, 2012
http://turf.uark.edu/turfhelp/archives/021109...
Cost annually for maintenance on artificial is about 14000 higher per year with disposal costs added at year 16.
Heat in the field is about 55 degrees hotter than turf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nuns in Mississippi 23 min Wite_Out 23
Don't agree with TVOSW , Let the Greek Language... (Feb '13) 32 min CALM STILL VOICE 341
Who Is Really Responsible for the Decline of th... 1 hr CALM STILL VOICE 124
Oh Good Lord! 1 hr CALM STILL VOICE 5
Is Mary Rutan Hospital a joke or what? (Sep '08) 1 hr Mileymp 339
brad LyBurtus (Nov '12) 6 hr idk 16
Sarah Jared whacked out on drugs! 9 hr meh2 5
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) Mon meh 414

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages