Holland Theatre
junk

Cleveland, OH

#41 Jun 25, 2012
Was A Fake Grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>
You know,,,,,I bet you are afraid to actually try to PROVE your point, instead of just saying "I stand by my statement." If you actually looked at the Holland website and saw the list of actors playing each part, you'd see the greatest majority of them are all new and were auditioned and picked for all the "Oklahoma" parts. Go ahead and cling to your incorrectness if it makes you feel important, but your stubborness only has an opposite effect in proving what your mentality really is.
Auditioned by given a number or did they announce their NAME?
Wanna B A STAR

United States

#42 Jun 26, 2012
junk wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, hello, it's Belly Fon Tane. Names is impotent round here.
Look Out

Mansfield, OH

#43 Jun 26, 2012
A warning to the wise, if Peggy Wiess is directing you are in for the abuse of your life..........
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#44 Jun 26, 2012
Oh she's so purty....
Jupiter Rises

Zanesville, OH

#45 Jun 26, 2012
junk wrote:
<quoted text>
There's over 25 actors/actresses playing in Oklahima. most of them young adults. I'm still looking forward for Grandpa or anyone else to point out just how all of them always play in every play Holland has ever held. Come on, Grandpa Jones.
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#46 Jun 27, 2012
Jupiter Rises wrote:
<quoted text>
There's over 25 actors/actresses playing in Oklahima. most of them young adults. I'm still looking forward for Grandpa or anyone else to point out just how all of them always play in every play Holland has ever held. Come on, Grandpa Jones.
Did I say that??
PhD

United States

#47 Jun 27, 2012
Jack Reser is going to outsource auditing of the city books to Deloitte.
me too

United States

#48 Jun 27, 2012
Jupiter Rises wrote:
<quoted text>
And some of us are waiting for you to tell us if they do auditions by handing out numbers or announcing names. My experiece is they say your name loud and clear so the people making the selection know if you are someone's relation or friend.
Jupiter Rises

Zanesville, OH

#49 Jun 27, 2012
me too wrote:
<quoted text>
And some of us are waiting for you to tell us if they do auditions by handing out numbers or announcing names. My experiece is they say your name loud and clear so the people making the selection know if you are someone's relation or friend.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Kids audition for the parts. If they are talented and do well with portraying the character, they get the part. Pure and simple. Some people always think negatively about everything and everybody, and you seem to be one of them.
Jupiter Rises

Zanesville, OH

#50 Jun 27, 2012
Grandpa Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say that??
Yes you did in #26. Quote: No truer words were ever spoken (written) I may go to movies to see the same stars, but once you have seen the Holland performers, you have seen them all....just saying
me too

Marion, OH

#51 Jun 28, 2012
Jupiter Rises wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you are talking about. Kids audition for the parts. If they are talented and do well with portraying the character, they get the part. Pure and simple. Some people always think negatively about everything and everybody, and you seem to be one of them.
Well, you seem to know so much about the Holland, so you must be involved in it. Why aren't people given and number when they audition and be selected by their number so the person(s) making the selection aren't doing it only on the name? I'm not being negative, it's a fact of life when it comes to the Holland.
Where is Hothead Ugly

Bellefontaine, OH

#52 Jun 28, 2012
Ummmm, wouldn't the people judging the audtitions already know 90% of the people who are auditioning? It is not like they have people coming from NYC to try and get these parts, they are almost all local people.

While I am at it, give some credit to the folks who get chosen to play roles. It doesn't matter what their "name" is, if they suck and can't act or sing the audience will know it.

And if they do a good job, their name didn't do it for them, their talent did.
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#53 Jul 19, 2012
What is the idea of charging $50.00 and $100.00 to see Even Steven and the rest. Wouldn't you rather charge $25.00 and have a full house? This isn't NYC, you are setting yourself up for failure. I hope I am wrong. BTW Even Steven will be coming to see me personally, we go way back.
Because it is Thursday

Cleveland, OH

#54 Jul 20, 2012
Grandpa Jones wrote:
What is the idea of charging $50.00 and $100.00 to see Even Steven and the rest. Wouldn't you rather charge $25.00 and have a full house? This isn't NYC, you are setting yourself up for failure. I hope I am wrong. BTW Even Steven will be coming to see me personally, we go way back.
They failed along time ago
Obama Way

Greenwich, OH

#55 Jul 20, 2012
Because it is Thursday wrote:
<quoted text>
They failed along time ago
It's a joke.
Breaking News

Cleveland, OH

#56 Jul 20, 2012
Overheard some talking at tim hortons the other day and i thought I heard them talking about the hiring of Will from Zell on the Bell who is the Chief Executive Officer of the Ohio entrepreneurial center of excellence located in the economic epicenter in downtown Bellefontaine Ohio in the United States of America. Apparently they brought him on as a consultant to seek his advice about economically developing the Holland Theater. Findings were to implement the six sigma, change the culture( apparently its like the Penn St culture), update the lighting, and serve coffee from mechanicsburg. Many believe these are good ideas so lets hope that everyone gets behind this new strategic plan so we can start to rebuild the Holland Theater experience so we don't lose more money and have to tear it down like the court house cone.
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#57 Jul 20, 2012
Need new blood on the cultural arts committee. Seems to be a misappropriation of funds.
Jupiter Rises

Bellefontaine, OH

#60 Jul 23, 2012
me too wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you seem to know so much about the Holland, so you must be involved in it. Why aren't people given and number when they audition and be selected by their number so the person(s) making the selection aren't doing it only on the name? I'm not being negative, it's a fact of life when it comes to the Holland.
LOL. I am in no way involved with the Holland theater or the plays. I have no idea what you mean with people being selected after being given a number. All I know is that my friend, who is multi-talented, heard Holland was auditioning for characters in Oklahomea. He went down and auditioned and got the part. He had never been in a play since being in high-school, several decades ago. They practiced for almost 3 months for that play and guess what?--- It was a full house both Friday and Saturday. It was an excellent performance. All the cast---close to 30 people who were mostly young people, were magnificant. Beautiful singing anfd dancing, great costumes, and well played out.
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#61 Jul 23, 2012
Jupiter Rises wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I am in no way involved with the Holland theater or the plays. I have no idea what you mean with people being selected after being given a number. All I know is that my friend, who is multi-talented, heard Holland was auditioning for characters in Oklahomea. He went down and auditioned and got the part. He had never been in a play since being in high-school, several decades ago. They practiced for almost 3 months for that play and guess what?--- It was a full house both Friday and Saturday. It was an excellent performance. All the cast---close to 30 people who were mostly young people, were magnificant. Beautiful singing anfd dancing, great costumes, and well played out.
Glad you could afford it. Who is paying for the full page ad for Even Steven Hope you get enough ticket sales to pay it. Contributions, anyone?
Jupiter Rises

Bellefontaine, OH

#62 Jul 23, 2012
Grandpa Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you could afford it. Who is paying for the full page ad for Even Steven Hope you get enough ticket sales to pay it. Contributions, anyone?
If you really are a grandpa, you would have only had to pay $7 senior citizen rate to see "Oklahoma."
Why are you asking me about the full page ad? I know nothing about future goings-on at the theater. I was just commenting about my friend and his part in Oklahoma.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Liberty Football 3 hr ffs 15
Why is there a media blackout/whitewash for eli... 3 hr blah 2
Perverts in Government 8 hr Concerned Observer 39
The Homosexual and Imitation Vanilla! (Feb '13) 8 hr CALM STILL VOICE 38
Life Lesson's! (Nov '16) 8 hr CALM STILL VOICE 405
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! (Jan '17) 8 hr CALM STILL VOICE 2,262
Transforming the homosexual, to fit into the Am... (Jan '13) 22 hr Touch of Disgrace... 851

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages