Mount Vernon, OH

#21 Apr 2, 2011
Be good parents. Dipsh!ts.
Lisa Evans

United States

#22 Apr 2, 2011
minimumdue wrote:
<quoted text> From the mother of drunkards
At least I am woman enough to own my post, & I have not said one ugly or negative thing about anyone. Shame on you, & for all of you that think your kids are perfect, think again. It takes a community to raise a child & yes I do believe that the school needs to be made aware of this situation, I'm sure it's the topic of conversation for the kids while they are at school. What if one of them is so hurt by these remarks they do something harmful to themselves or someone else? I would never attack someone else kids like you just did, my kids made mistakes & they are suffering the consequences, when you are perfect you can point fingers, until then if you must sink to the level of attacking kids, SHAME ON YOU!!!This too is bullying, does that make you feel better? I will never sit quietly while this kind of stupid, immature, and hurtful crap goes on. We should be adults & step up, I have told my daughter to not post or respond to anything on the site & we should all ask our children to stop responding to Listen up. As for you Minimudue, my mother used to tell me if I could not say anything nice about some one to keep my mouth shut, so for that reason I will not respond to you again, you are beneath any more of my time.Hope you feel better for being mean, you have a blessed day.
kiefer evans

United States

#23 Apr 2, 2011
I'm a drunkard huh? I am 22 years old and can legally drink, so yeah say something to my face or hide behind your keyboard with your non life!!!
TOPICKS

Westerville, OH

#24 Apr 2, 2011
If nothing is wrong with the posts on listen up, why did the page creator delete a bunch of posts they had made? Yea, because they know it is wrong and they might be in trouble. I believe she is 18 years old too, which might create a whole different situation for her. "BS" if you ask me.
minimumdue

Bellville, OH

#25 Apr 2, 2011
I go to Bhs and am on the cite every day. if you dont like it then dont visit it...couldnt be mad at the post about b huh..pig
linkplease

Mansfield, OH

#26 Apr 2, 2011
Why are adults sticking up for teenage cyber bullying? Grow up Kiefer, go smoke some more weed with your non-life having self.
bwomp

Chicago, IL

#27 Apr 2, 2011
@Lisa Evans

After looking at your Facebook, what do your kids think of all the penis hat talk? Do I call the school to complain since high school kids pay see you page?
Justin Case

Mansfield, OH

#28 Apr 2, 2011
minimumdue wrote:
I go to Bhs and am on the cite every day. if you dont like it then dont visit it...couldnt be mad at the post about b huh..pig
Go to English and learn how to spell "Cite"
kiefer evans

United States

#29 Apr 2, 2011
hahahaha i dont smoke weed dumbass shows how much yu kno
TOPICKS

Westerville, OH

#30 Apr 2, 2011
It is bad enough when high school students are involved, but when 4th through 8th graders are "friends" of this site, that really crosses the line.

I hope they figure out who it is and the parents get their pants sued off for slander.
musicfreak

Marengo, OH

#31 Apr 2, 2011
This page Listen Up is the reason why I hate Bellefontaine! BHS was full of bullying and it is never going to stop. People who are insecure about themselves think it is okay to take it out on others. I don't understand why bratty teenagers must go out of their way to make someone else's life and day miserable. Like REALLY?! Come on give me a freaking break! God knows if that stuff was said about them they would be crying and running to the first adult they would see to tell. If whoever created Listen Up would take time out of their day to focus on themselves, instead of focusing on coming up with derogatory statements, they would realize that they are just an evil person seeking attention. Nothing bugs me more then when people say kids will be kids. That's a bunch of bull crap! Unless you have been bullied, then you don't know how it feels. Besides that, you just don't treat people like that! If you have any slight glimmer of humanity then you would know that the page Listen Up is wrong and whoever is behind it should be stopped.
linkplease

Westlake, OH

#32 Apr 2, 2011
I know you better than you think.. sure you never bought weed by the pink house?
Lisa Evans

United States

#33 Apr 2, 2011
bwomp wrote:
@Lisa Evans
After looking at your Facebook, what do your kids think of all the penis hat talk? Do I call the school to complain since high school kids pay see you page?
OK, again I am not hiding behind a user name, so I guess you feel ok bullying me & my family. If you are a parent I can not understand how you can condone the postings by Listen Up. They are mean & hurtful, why does my saying that give you the right to attack me & my kids? As far as the penis hat conversation, I did not make the comment or add to it in any way. My FB page is not blocked, so creepers like you can get on it & check me out. I do not make inappropriate post on there or here. Not sure what you mean by high school kids paying to see my page? I am just hoping that no high school child gets so hurt by these comments that they do something harmful to themselves or others. I have not made ugly or rude comments about anyone, so stop being mean & grow up. Hopefully you are just a child yourself with some growing up to do, if you are a parent, it explains why someones child would start a page like Listen up, you obviously set a great example. Maybe if they start attacking you or your family you might see things differently. If you have read the post on Listen Up's page you should know what I am talking about. This is bullying, by Listen Up & you, you should be proud of your behavior. Why not tell me who you are & maybe we can have a come to Jesus meeting about my kids, because when you attack them the momma bear in me comes out. Got a feeling you won't identify yourself because people like you can not stand up for themselves, but instead attack from behind a user name, in my book that makes you a coward. As i have stated before I feel strongly that parents should monitor their children's FB page & make sure your child does nothing to perpetuate this bullying. Tired of this small town & small minds.
parent

Apo, AE

#34 Apr 3, 2011
How about you monitor what your kids are doing on the internet
Agreed

United States

#35 Apr 3, 2011
If your monitoring your own kids they would never see this page right? Furthermore, the more people (including adults) that view the page and talk about gives the posters exactly what they want an audience.
Previous generation

Urbana, OH

#36 Apr 3, 2011
Don't any parents teach their kids "stick and stone may break my bones but words can never hurt me" anymore? If you are so afraid your kid can't emotionally handle some smack talk from an idiot you ought to be talking to your kid about how to handle life in the big world. If you know who posters are, why aren't you discussing the matter with their parents - make them aware of what their kids are up to? If my kid was putting him/herself in jeopardy of a slander/libel lawsuit I'd sure want to know! If what is being said on the Facebook is true but embarrassing, welcome to the world of reaping what you sow in life.
TOPICKS

Westerville, OH

#37 Apr 3, 2011
These posts aren't "Joe Bob is a jerk and I don't like him". They are more like "I heard Bobbie Jo took money for BJ's from Ted and Joe" or "Shanaynay spreads her legs more than this site spreads rumors"

Unacceptable, even if true, and when talking about 14-17 year old children and being seen by kids as young as elementary age.

I agree parents SHOULD be monitoring their kids internet usage, but I am also realistic enough to know that it doesn't happen 24-7. I monitor my kids and check up about once or twice a week. By the time I found it, one of them had been reading this crap for 3 days.
Agreed

United States

#38 Apr 3, 2011
I also monitor my children. They do not get online unless I am home and I know exactly what website they are on. They also know if I catch them on or reading something I would not allow they are done with Facebook and not on the computer for at least 2 weeks. This deters them from even viewing something that maybe inappropriate, because they are held responsible for what they access online.
doctor w earl sasser phd

Mount Vernon, OH

#39 Apr 3, 2011
Everyone knows FB is just a site for booty calls!

“It's just a rash”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#40 Apr 3, 2011
Agreed wrote:
I also monitor my children. They do not get online unless I am home and I know exactly what website they are on. They also know if I catch them on or reading something I would not allow they are done with Facebook and not on the computer for at least 2 weeks. This deters them from even viewing something that maybe inappropriate, because they are held responsible for what they access online.
Good for you. Parenting is the job of...parents! I can't believe the number of people who want to delegate their responsibilities to the schools, like the schools don't have enough problems teaching kids how to read. Now there are parents (!) who want the schools to take over a larger role in the kids lives. The schools absolutely have a responsibility to provide a safe and healthy environment atmosphere that promotes education, but that education begins and ends at home. The schools are not surrogates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are libs so obsessed with sarah palin? 38 min magictrix 2
The Tea Defend Palin With Lame Editorial 57 min magictrix 45
The Bystander President and his Incompetent Gov... 1 hr thud333 2
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) 1 hr MikefromIL 329
The Tea Party...Friend or Foe 5 hr scirocco 216
Football predictions 6 hr Facts 27
vote NO on indian lake levey 11 hr wesside 19
Bellefontaine Dating
Find my Match

Bellefontaine Jobs

Bellefontaine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bellefontaine News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bellefontaine

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]