First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CMB

United States

#1 Jan 24, 2013
The c.o.'s at the LC jail are so unprofessional! Ok, i understand that people in jail are inmates, but does that excuse the gaurds of having an ounce of professionalism??? They cuss, treat people as animals, and talk about sexually oriented topics ALL DAY LONG. If someone working at mcdonalds talked like them at work, they would be fired on the spot. Hell, at ANY job someone would be fired!! So why is it ok for them to not only cuss, but cuss at inmates? Example: inmate:"when can i see the nurse?" C.o.: "sit your as down, you can see the nurse when i say you can." Inmate: " i need medication and have asked for 2 days to see the nurse." C.o.: "bitch i said you will see the nurse WHEN I SAY!! I am the law round here!!" And this is just a very small sample of what you will hear out there. I was being finger printed (c.o. had his hand in mine) and was talking to another c.o. about how he shaves his balls bc his girlfriend hates harry balls. Ewww.. please tell me where in the u.s. this would not be considered sexual harassment?? At the very least inappropriate talk at work? This is unacceptable and i dont care if i am n inmate, it does not make it ok for someone at work to act and talk this way!!! Am i wrong here people???
Good Grief

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jan 24, 2013
CMB wrote:
The c.o.'s at the LC jail are so unprofessional! Ok, i understand that people in jail are inmates, but does that excuse the gaurds of having an ounce of professionalism??? They cuss, treat people as animals, and talk about sexually oriented topics ALL DAY LONG. If someone working at mcdonalds talked like them at work, they would be fired on the spot. Hell, at ANY job someone would be fired!! So why is it ok for them to not only cuss, but cuss at inmates? Example: inmate:"when can i see the nurse?" C.o.: "sit your as down, you can see the nurse when i say you can." Inmate: " i need medication and have asked for 2 days to see the nurse." C.o.: "bitch i said you will see the nurse WHEN I SAY!! I am the law round here!!" And this is just a very small sample of what you will hear out there. I was being finger printed (c.o. had his hand in mine) and was talking to another c.o. about how he shaves his balls bc his girlfriend hates harry balls. Ewww.. please tell me where in the u.s. this would not be considered sexual harassment?? At the very least inappropriate talk at work? This is unacceptable and i dont care if i am n inmate, it does not make it ok for someone at work to act and talk this way!!! Am i wrong here people???
You are an inmate and have use of a computer and the Internet??? I will agree -- that is unacceptable language from the workers.
Justin Case

Fredericktown, OH

#3 Jan 24, 2013
There are cameras. If this happened I am sure there is a video.
Anon Y Mous

Toledo, OH

#4 Jan 24, 2013
The way to fix this is easy. Don't violate the law and get arrested. You won't have to worry about it ever again.
CMB

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2013
Ha, funny but not everyone who gets arrested did anything wrong! Please tell me you dont think EVERYONE who.goes to jail is guilty??! Yes, the majority are, but not everyone. And yes, there are cameras, but it is done right in front of the big dogs, so who do you report it to??
Good Grief

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Jan 24, 2013
CMB wrote:
Ha, funny but not everyone who gets arrested did anything wrong! Please tell me you dont think EVERYONE who.goes to jail is guilty??! Yes, the majority are, but not everyone. And yes, there are cameras, but it is done right in front of the big dogs, so who do you report it to??
Your attorney. Root up in Kenton still practicing law?
I am sure

Sidney, OH

#7 Jan 24, 2013
The tapes would simply disappear if you questioned anyone's actions.
CMB

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2013
I am sure wrote:
The tapes would simply disappear if you questioned anyone's actions.
yup! Exactly!!
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#9 Jan 24, 2013
I would think the officers would want to act professional in uniform. They are not the judge and juror and just because they are wearing a badge does not give them the right to degrade people in jail. They are human and most are in for minor crimes, they made a mistake (got caught) joke.
CMB

United States

#10 Jan 26, 2013
Grandpa Jones wrote:
I would think the officers would want to act professional in uniform. They are not the judge and juror and just because they are wearing a badge does not give them the right to degrade people in jail. They are human and most are in for minor crimes, they made a mistake (got caught) joke.
i would think so too, but the reality is these corrections officers are so far from professional that it is scary. I dont care if you are dealing with "criminals", it does not excuse such horrendous behavior. Like i said before, if someone used language like they do.at the LCJ at ANY OTHER JOB, THEY WOULD BE FIRED ON THE SPOT. No wonder some ppl have no regard for the law..they go to jail for a petty crime and are treated sub-human, cussed at, and subjected to sexual harassment with no recourse. Who do you tell? Their buddies? Lol, i will just pray that these ppl meet their maker one day, still thinking their shit don't stink.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#11 Jan 26, 2013
Someone call the waaahhhh-mbulance!!!
who cares

Bellefontaine, OH

#12 Jan 26, 2013
CMB, You were fingerprinted? That means your're a Felon or will be one. Wait til you get to prison and see how the guards treat you. Good Luck.
Bluto

Bellefontaine, OH

#13 Jan 26, 2013
Grandpa Jones wrote:
wow! that is the most rational post i have EVER seen come from your fingertips

“Capable of Chasing Eagles!”

Since: May 09

Soaring on Wings of Spirit

#14 Jan 26, 2013
Grandpa Jones wrote:
good post, Grandpa.
Ex JailBird

Jackson, OH

#15 Jan 29, 2013
The C.O's at the LCJ really are not bad at all compared to the CO's in a lot of other jails and prisons. They don't treat the inmates like "animals". They don't take the inmates crap, I'll give them that. But, they are far from "horrendous". Obviously you've never spent so much as 1 day as an inmate. I'm sorry to say that I have been a guest at the LCJ on more than one occasion, and have never been treated badly. I'm not exactly a "hardened" criminal either. I treat others with respect, and get it in return. Imagine having 70+ inmates, ALL asking for one thing or another, all day and night long. It's not a vacation or a hotel. It's jail. They run a pretty tight ship in there. But, it's a hell of a lot better than most other jails. Most of the C.O's do talk to the inmates and some even joke a little during walk-thru's. The only time I've heard them get short with someone, was if that person had been "on the button" continuously. Sorry, but if I was sitting in "the box", and kept hearing the buzzer ring from the same person pushing the button, over and over, asking the same stupid mindless questions, I would probably be a little pissed off to. Just my opinion. But, what do I know, I'm just a low-life criminal, right? LOL!
catcha on the flip

Bellefontaine, OH

#16 Jan 30, 2013
So for starters DONT GO TO JAIL.LOL. I never had a problem with any C.O. But then again i do not have to put up with all the bullshit from inmates. You got the ones that act like wanna be gansta,wanna be thugs,wanna be dope boys,then there is the wanna be billy bad asses that cant wip theirselves out of a wet paper bag,the ones who act like they got everything when the aint got a pot to piss in,oh and lets not forget the ones who are not guilty..Its called RESPECT if you respect them they will respect you,let them do their job and stop giving them a hard time.I have seen how inmates treat the C.O's its not their fault your in jail you put yourself there so why dont you try being a good citizen for once and you all wouldnt have to put up with sonething you do not like. Like i mention before try to give a little respect
leader

Huntsville, OH

#17 Jan 30, 2013
Andy turns a blind eye to it all.
Good Grief

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Jan 30, 2013
who cares wrote:
CMB, You were fingerprinted? That means your're a Felon or will be one. Wait til you get to prison and see how the guards treat you. Good Luck.
AMAZING where some of you people come up with this stuff!!! Ppl get fingerprinted for an OVI! That is NOT a felony!
Bluto

Bellefontaine, OH

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Anon Y Mous wrote:
The way to fix this is easy. Don't violate the law and get arrested. You won't have to worry about it ever again.
that's a good way to avoid it but that isnt fixing the problem, bub. its easy to avoid and ignore things. making things right takes a little more effort.
CMB

El Monte, CA

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Bluto, you hit the nail on the head here! And to exjail bird...i am very polite and respectful...until i am treated like an animal. It is not out of an inmates' rights to receive medical treatment or get toilet paper! If you are so sick that you cannot be put with the general population..a visit to the nurse is not too much to ask for!! and no matter how much you annoy them, it does not justify such behavior. Can you imagine an annoyed mcdonalds worker cussing at someone who wants more ketchup?? Fired. Or a doctor who has already treated a patient for lung cancer and continues to smoke cussing and screaming at them bc they are annoyed, maybe even sickened?? Fired..and probably forced into a mental health facility lol..but since they have a badge, extreme unprofessionalism is accepted?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does SOLOMONS WISDOM Expect to Much Truthfulnes... 15 min Satan 9
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 24 min Canton 31,504
The Molestation Upon Our Nation, and Military v... 1 hr SOLOMONS WISDOM 1
Would You Approve Of Atheist Uprooting All Arli... 1 hr SOLOMONS WISDOM 63
What Is The Greatest Driver of Individual Poorn... 1 hr SOLOMONS WISDOM 5
You have a right to be poor, but no right to be... 1 hr SOLOMONS WISDOM 68
Kemba's free football clappers 2 hr insider 2
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) Mon kimberly atencio 324

Bellefontaine Jobs

Bellefontaine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bellefontaine News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bellefontaine

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]