Humane Society Serving Logan County

Humane Society Serving Logan County

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

string bean

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Sep 21, 2012
What is your opinion of HSSLC and people that work there?Would you support the animal shelter?If not why?
lady bug

Southfield, MI

#2 Sep 21, 2012
They suck! The animals are not being taken care of properly. The facility is filthy. They lie and are rude. It is more important to them to keep a sexual predator working there than having kids be involved with the animals! I feel sorry for the animals they deserve so much better. No support coming from here because I am not sure it would go for the animals or in one of their pockets!
stringbean

Bellefontaine, OH

#3 Sep 26, 2012
Do you know the Humane Society Serving Logan County is in need of outside kennel cages and good dog houses to keep dogs out of the weather without any shelter when kennels are being cleaned-they are outside at least 2 hr or more without shelter no matter what the weather hot,rain,snow,below zero tied to fences and to posts without water also,they get strangled from crawling under the fence with choker chain on and also have heat strokes in the summer from no shelter,kennels are really cold in the winter months and really hot in summer months,due to heating costs and bad furnace,kennels dont have any airconditioning either only a few fans ,that only blows hot air around and does not keep dogs or cats cool.
Grandma Adams

Marysville, OH

#4 Sep 26, 2012
I thought it is supposed to be a "humane" society? The conditions you describe sound pretty inhumane. That shelter ought to be shut down immediately. Do you have any proof for the accusations you just made?
stringbean

Bellefontaine, OH

#5 Sep 26, 2012
You can go check it out for yourself,kennels are c before they openleaned in mornings,walk around outside of building
stringbean

Bellefontaine, OH

#6 Sep 26, 2012
messed up-kennels are cleaned before they open in the morning

“Libertarian not Republican”

Since: Jul 12

Indian Lake

#7 Sep 26, 2012
We dropped a dog off there a few months back and it seemed clean. It surely didn't smell like the animals were living in their own filth. The people were polite too.
easy to complain

Sidney, OH

#8 Sep 26, 2012
It is easy to complain about what is wrong with the humane society. It is a lot harder to go out their and volunteer your time and resources to make a difference. I don't understand why certain people insist on trying to turn people away from helping the Humane Society, and in return, helping the animals. If you don't like the people that run it, that is one thing, but don't try to convince people that the place isn't worth donating time and money too.

Indian Lake

#9 Sep 26, 2012
lol, whomever did it, please explain how my post was mean. Or cluesless for that matter. I've been there and dealt with the people and yes, I have donated money at some point.
Animal Grace

Mount Vernon, OH

#10 Sep 26, 2012
I found 2 great dogs there and if you wonder about $ then donate food, cleaning supplies, or blankets. The people I encountered were okay.
These animals have no other place to go but the pound and there are many great dogs and cats just waiting to be saved.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#11 Sep 27, 2012
i lost my buddy of 17 years in May ..i waited until August to get another "friend" ..i rescued the one i lost at the old humane society on Troy road ..i picked up my new last month . they were cleaning the cages while i was there . i waited outside for to finish so i could up my new addition . i have no idea then again i do as people on here bash everything everyone .i saw no issues with the place .

Indian Lake

#12 Sep 27, 2012
Nonyabizzness wrote:
i lost my buddy of 17 years in May ..i waited until August to get another "friend" ..i rescued the one i lost at the old humane society on Troy road ..i picked up my new last month . they were cleaning the cages while i was there . i waited outside for to finish so i could up my new addition . i have no idea then again i do as people on here bash everything everyone .i saw no issues with the place .
I disagree! You're an idiot to say such a thing!

lol, sorry, I couldn't resist.

Indian Lake

#13 Sep 27, 2012
heh, guess I could have edited the quote down to the bashing part. I'm an idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
this day in history 2 hr Conrad Furst 88
All Things Hillary 2 hr Conrad Furst 18
The Republicans Hypocrites of the Week 3 hr Hummingbird 4 Real 18
Poll Is the President now elected by the welfare state? 3 hr Big Bertha 21
Why Democrats Recognize the GOPers/Tea Party a... 5 hr Hummingbird 4 Real 69
The Last Days of the GOP 5 hr Hummingbird 4 Real 15
The Republican Hypocrites Who Led The Impeachme... 6 hr Big Bertha 9
Nino Vitale: Worst representative ever, or just... 7 hr Ironbutterfly 27
Chops and Hops Restaurant (Jun '14) 12 hr Duffs brewery 40
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) May 29 Climmons01 353
More from around the web

Bellefontaine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]