First Prev
of 2
Next Last
really

Kenton, OH

#1 Dec 29, 2012
People/Businesses...CLEAR YOUR SIDEWALKS...Today, while driving S. Main I saw a mother trying to push a baby stroller in the snow and she had to walk out on the street because LAZY people wont clear their sidewalks...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 29, 2012
Maybe some are physically unable. Why don't you coordinate a charitable effort to enlist some able bodied youth to help out the elderly and disabled in clearing their walks and drives this winter season? It'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, guaranteed.

And while you're at it, if you are near the vicinity of Main and Court.....take that wreath off of the statue of George Bartholomew.....I will pay good money.

;)
Oh Gesh

Mansfield, OH

#3 Dec 29, 2012
Now you sound like Ethel K
really wrote:
People/Businesses...CLEAR YOUR SIDEWALKS...Today, while driving S. Main I saw a mother trying to push a baby stroller in the snow and she had to walk out on the street because LAZY people wont clear their sidewalks...
Debbie

Columbus, OH

#4 Dec 29, 2012
really wrote:
Why is she pushing a child around town in this weather?

Location hidden

#5 Dec 29, 2012
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she needed food or diapers and doesn't have a babysitter or a car?

Location hidden

#6 Dec 29, 2012
Oh Gesh wrote:
Now you sound like Ethel K
<quoted text>
Now you sound like....well.....

an ass.
really

Kenton, OH

#7 Dec 29, 2012
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe walking is her only mode of transportation..Weather was fine for having a young child out in..There IS a city ordinance that states ALL sidewalks must be cleared with 24 hrs..While I will admit there are some residents that cant physically shovel snow, what are the excuses for the business owners? What happens when school is back in session and there are kids walking in the streets?? Wasn't there a person just arrested last week for walking in the road way?
Good Grief

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Dec 29, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe walking is her only mode of transportation..Weather was fine for having a young child out in..There IS a city ordinance that states ALL sidewalks must be cleared with 24 hrs..While I will admit there are some residents that cant physically shovel snow, what are the excuses for the business owners? What happens when school is back in session and there are kids walking in the streets?? Wasn't there a person just arrested last week for walking in the road way?
From your original post, I thought this was in the business zoned area - correct? Might want to check with the zoning but businesses do not have the 24 hrs. That's residential. All depends on if it's snowing or not too. Most businesses do a pretty good job at keeping the snow cleared because they WANT business & the money!
Good Grief

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Dec 29, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she needed food or diapers and doesn't have a babysitter or a car?
Maybe she doesn't have a TV or radio to know a snow storm is coming and be prepared? Sounds like too many "maybe's" to me.
Debbie

Columbus, OH

#10 Dec 29, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Enforcing that ordinance is arbitrary.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she doesn't have a TV or radio to know a snow storm is coming and be prepared? Sounds like too many "maybe's" to me.
"Maybe" is not possessive.....no apostrophe necessary. ;p
Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#12 Dec 29, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
Maybe some are physically unable. Why don't you coordinate a charitable effort to enlist some able bodied youth to help out the elderly and disabled in clearing their walks and drives this winter season? It'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, guaranteed.
And while you're at it, if you are near the vicinity of Main and Court.....take that wreath off of the statue of George Bartholomew.....I will pay good money.
;)
I hate to admit this, but I actually agree with you on this one. It does look very cheesy. I have never seen a live person walk around with a wreath around his neck, so why must a statue of a person be made into a Christmas decoration.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 29, 2012
Sandie wrote:
<quoted text> I hate to admit this, but I actually agree with you on this one. It does look very cheesy. I have never seen a live person walk around with a wreath around his neck, so why must a statue of a person be made into a Christmas decoration.
Well, hallelujah!!

Thank you.
Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#14 Dec 29, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, hallelujah!!
Thank you.
It's a MIRACLE Happy New Year. I think it;s easier to admit we will never agree on everything, but.....some things we will.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 29, 2012
Sandie wrote:
<quoted text> It's a MIRACLE Happy New Year. I think it;s easier to admit we will never agree on everything, but.....some things we will.
True....maybe you shouldn't go back to the other thread now, Echoslerttap.....

And, err....

Happy New Year to you, too.
Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#16 Dec 30, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
<quoted text>
True....maybe you shouldn't go back to the other thread now, Echoslerttap.....
And, err....
Happy New Year to you, too.
Already did but its OK. Like the Echo part, but the rest seems odd, doesn't it? l-e-r-t has significance for me, however, so stuck it in there.
Good Grief

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Dec 30, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
<quoted text>
"Maybe" is not possessive.....no apostrophe necessary. ;p
I didn't ask you but now that you brought it up, why don't you do the charitable thing and help me paint so I am not so tired when I finally do sit down and I might give a sh*t about my typos.

Now, here's the plan. Since I have osteoporosis in both knees/hips and arthritis in my spine, you can do the ladder work. You wash/paint the ceilings and the top 2" of the wall. I do everything else. Remember, I expect perfection. Hate lousy paint jobs.

Location hidden

#18 Dec 30, 2012
Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask you but now that you brought it up, why don't you do the charitable thing and help me paint so I am not so tired when I finally do sit down and I might give a sh*t about my typos.
Now, here's the plan. Since I have osteoporosis in both knees/hips and arthritis in my spine, you can do the ladder work. You wash/paint the ceilings and the top 2" of the wall. I do everything else. Remember, I expect perfection. Hate lousy paint jobs.
Oh, cry me a river, Nancy.

You're not the only one with ailments.

We all have our own cross to bear.

Complaining about it on a public forum just makes you look pathetic.
Good Grief

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Dec 30, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, cry me a river, Nancy.
You're not the only one with ailments.
We all have our own cross to bear.
Complaining about it on a public forum just makes you look pathetic.
Get a heavier cross to bear, Hazel - you're still the same old bitch. OR - get your snow shovel out and help those people!!! Get the name right next time too dumb butt. Ya just can't deal with a good suggestion and drop your stupid spelling police role.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 30, 2012
Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a heavier cross to bear, Hazel - you're still the same old bitch. OR - get your snow shovel out and help those people!!! Get the name right next time too dumb butt. Ya just can't deal with a good suggestion and drop your stupid spelling police role.
Not, Hazel, but I will take that as a compliment....she was really funny. I wonder what happened to her?

Dumb Butt??

Ouch. That really hurt.....

Haha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
watch a gop presidential candidate put a lib re... 44 min Bellefontaine Forum 26
Do You Support Gay Marriage? (Apr '09) 49 min trailoftears 976
Poll IS THE BOY SCOUTS STILL an ORGANIZATION for DEV... 58 min Bellefontaine Forum 15
Real Black Americans 2 hr magictrix 53
My God! Can We Please Stop Apologizing? 3 hr Ironbutterfly 33
liberals new method for silencing free speech 3 hr Olivier 5
country music icon tells it without mincing words 4 hr DON W SOUTH 1
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) Thu john glenn hater 352
More from around the web

Bellefontaine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]