Law Enforcement in Bellefontaine

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jacob Siler

Zanesville, OH

#1 Dec 4, 2012
I would like the people who take part in this "topix" website to be fully informed of the relationship between family and law enforcement (specifically my family) in the city of Bellefontaine, Ohio. There are no "gimme's" "credits" or any other term you can think of, that has ever taken place, or will ever take place with my family and Logan County authorities. These upright citizens put their lives on the line day in and day out, and yet, somehow get discredited when someone they know, are related to, or are connected with in any way get into trouble. Recently, I was caught stealing a purse, it was the lowest point in my life, and I went to the Logan County jail for it. After getting caught stealing, the Bellefontaine Examiner published the story, and soon, the story was on here for anyone to post anything they felt like,(which is one of the great things about being free in America)and by doing so, they simply used their rights as citizens of the United States. No one should have a problem with that. However, there are things that were written on this website about my family, and namely my uncle. Just because I make one choice, does not mean that the rest of my family condones it.(Lord knows I don't even condone it, and I'm guilty of it)My uncle is a great officer of the law. He has earned everything he has by working extremely hard and diligently throughout his career! People have differing opinions, that's just life. Take it from me, if I were caught doing something illegal by my uncle, you better believe I'd be in handcuffs! There is no leverage of being related to an officer of the law, no matter what people may think. Also, let me be clear, not all law enforcement officers are like my uncle, I'm not so naive as to say corruption doesn't happen and isn't a problem here in the US. However, I do want to tell the people that read this, that my uncle, BPD Chief Brandon Standley is one stand-up human being. Chief or not. He is honest, clean-cut, and I'd even say die-hard when it comes to his job. He cares for this city, its inhabitants, and I'd even go as far as saying that I think he loves this place. Wanting nothing more than to protect it, and steer it in the right direction. I'd like to think that even the naysayers, if given a chance, would say the same! You won't find a better man for the job than the one who has it! I'd like to take this time to apologize to the city of Bellefontaine, to my family, my friends, and my Uncle Brandon, all of whom I love. I was wrong, I will pay for my actions, as well I should, right?! Let me be the first to tell you, you should be proud/happy/ however you want to say it, that Brandon Standley is serving our community. Chief or not, he'd still fight the good fight, alongside the rest of the law enforcement team of Logan County! Believe it! I have said all I've wanted, and to whomever reads this, I hope you understand where I am coming from, and my point. I know nobody is perfect, and people do have theories (they may even be true) about corruption here in Logan County. However, the Chief (this Chief) is not.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 4, 2012
Well, Jacob, you don't know me, but allow me to say.....

BRAVO, young man! Very well said.
sharpie

Loveland, OH

#3 Dec 4, 2012
Ditto here! People will post a lot of things on here that they would never say out loud. Everyone has struggles in life and it sounds like you learned a lesson the hard way.

Keep going in the right direction!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 4, 2012
Very well said, Jacob!! Kudos, for standing up for your family ! And I for taking responsibility for what you have done wrong. Some posters, are not going to be nice, and some down right awful in response to your posting. Just keep your head high. As SHARPIE said, Keep moving in the right direction.
pollster

Lewistown, OH

#5 Dec 4, 2012
Jacob Siler wrote:
I would like the people who take part in this "topix" website to be fully informed of the relationship between family and law enforcement (specifically my family) in the city of Bellefontaine, Ohio. There are no "gimme's" "credits" or any other term you can think of, that has ever taken place, or will ever take place with my family and Logan County authorities. These upright citizens put their lives on the line day in and day out, and yet, somehow get discredited when someone they know, are related to, or are connected with in any way get into trouble. Recently, I was caught stealing a purse, it was the lowest point in my life, and I went to the Logan County jail for it. After getting caught stealing, the Bellefontaine Examiner published the story, and soon, the story was on here for anyone to post anything they felt like,(which is one of the great things about being free in America)and by doing so, they simply used their rights as citizens of the United States. No one should have a problem with that. However, there are things that were written on this website about my family, and namely my uncle. Just because I make one choice, does not mean that the rest of my family condones it.(Lord knows I don't even condone it, and I'm guilty of it)My uncle is a great officer of the law. He has earned everything he has by working extremely hard and diligently throughout his career! People have differing opinions, that's just life. Take it from me, if I were caught doing something illegal by my uncle, you better believe I'd be in handcuffs! There is no leverage of being related to an officer of the law, no matter what people may think. Also, let me be clear, not all law enforcement officers are like my uncle, I'm not so naive as to say corruption doesn't happen and isn't a problem here in the US. However, I do want to tell the people that read this, that my uncle, BPD Chief Brandon Standley is one stand-up human being. Chief or not. He is honest, clean-cut, and I'd even say die-hard when it comes to his job. He cares for this city, its inhabitants, and I'd even go as far as saying that I think he loves this place. Wanting nothing more than to protect it, and steer it in the right direction. I'd like to think that even the naysayers, if given a chance, would say the same! You won't find a better man for the job than the one who has it! I'd like to take this time to apologize to the city of Bellefontaine, to my family, my friends, and my Uncle Brandon, all of whom I love. I was wrong, I will pay for my actions, as well I should, right?! Let me be the first to tell you, you should be proud/happy/ however you want to say it, that Brandon Standley is serving our community. Chief or not, he'd still fight the good fight, alongside the rest of the law enforcement team of Logan County! Believe it! I have said all I've wanted, and to whomever reads this, I hope you understand where I am coming from, and my point. I know nobody is perfect, and people do have theories (they may even be true) about corruption here in Logan County. However, the Chief (this Chief) is not.
Jacob, The nation is in great need of individuals like you. And I believe that you will do great things with your life. Never forget that many great things are done by people with titles. Do you know what causes the brook to sing? It is the stones in the brook as the water rushes over them. You remind me of that water. Because without the water those stones remain silent. Always speak out concerning that which is right. Never be ashamed to speak up for what you believe in. I do not know this chief you speak of. But I dont need to because you no doubt reflect his goodness! Let me leave you with a final thought. If anyone ever points their finger at you, you tell them that they have three fingers pointing back at themselves. Your awesome and never forget that!!
Finished

Indiana, PA

#6 Dec 4, 2012
Well said young man. And I agree, Brandon is a fine person. I know him well. All the best to you moving forward.
msunderstood

Tipp City, OH

#7 Dec 4, 2012
You don't know me and I don't know you, but I am so proud of you for making this public statement and admire your courage. Well done!
Times Up

Bellefontaine, OH

#8 Dec 4, 2012
What a joke. This is clearly not a Siler. They can't spell, let alone read and write.

I see cops sleeping in their cars, taking 2 hour lunches, and harassing women of this fair city. Their lazy cops with bad manners, and Standley is enabling their behavior.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 4, 2012
Times Up wrote:
What a joke. This is clearly not a Siler. They can't spell, let alone read and write.
I see cops sleeping in their cars, taking 2 hour lunches, and harassing women of this fair city. Their lazy cops with bad manners, and Standley is enabling their behavior.
Congratulations for being the first idiot to post on this thread.

It was bound to happen.

And when you said, "Their lazy cops....," I think you meant "they're" not "their"..........rig ht?

Now who can't spell?

Location hidden

#10 Dec 4, 2012
I wonder why it is that the most hateful posters have a Bellefontaine ISP address?

Most of us don't have a local server. Weird.
haggart

Marengo, OH

#11 Dec 5, 2012
Times Up wrote:
We don't get paid enough money to put our lives on the line for this drug infested city. Now I'm about ready to retire, and you can bet your sweet ass, I'm not going to get shot at or stuck with a needle, for what the city is paying me. All the crime in this city is related to alcohol/drug activity, notice the stealing, the fights.
Aunt

Marengo, OH

#12 Dec 5, 2012
Jacob, once you have tried the forbidden berry, you'll always crave it. The rest of Bellefontaine will never let you forget it, and you will not be fully trusted, because you are an addict and always will be in recovery. Don't feel bad if your extended family will never trust you again. They are just protecting themselves.
theehaveiloved

Marengo, OH

#13 Dec 5, 2012
Jacob, you're a cool good looking dude. I pray you all the best! The forbidden berries are just the very deceptive nature of the evil one, who tells you the high is better than sex.(and so it might be) but look at the broken lives of the ones seeking the high. They are broken people who scurry around like rats at night begging/borrowing and stealing for the next fix. This high inhibits their conscience so that they have none, and the way down this road only leads to the total destruction of the soul. Thus the evil one wins, by destroying the purpose you're creator intended for you on this earth.
Jordan

Marengo, OH

#14 Dec 5, 2012
I pray for your Uncle who continues the fine job he is doing with his war on drugs and crime in this city, I also pray for the city.

Maybe you can be used now to help others?
someone

Columbus, OH

#15 Dec 5, 2012
wtf who cares
Jordan

Marengo, OH

#16 Dec 5, 2012
haggart wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't get paid enough money to put our lives on the line for this drug infested city. Now I'm about ready to retire, and you can bet your sweet ass, I'm not going to get shot at or stuck with a needle, for what the city is paying me. All the crime in this city is related to alcohol/drug activity, notice the stealing, the fights.
And your ol lady sits in city counsel and tries to get you that raise,( it don't matter that you're better paid than most cops)
You stick on the ol bullet proof vest everyday you work, knowing you're going to bitch, moan and groan, about how you're always the bad guy and no one appreciates you. Your attitude sucks and I'm ashamed you wear the uniform. You need to retire!
jONI

Marengo, OH

#17 Dec 5, 2012
someone wrote:
wtf who cares
I'll tell you who should give a duck, is every parent, aunt, brother, sister, who has a child that will be introduced to the forbidden berry at a party or somewhere, and become a slave to it and have their life ruined.

It is a fight against good and evil, and what this town needs is a place for the street rats to crash. You will be accused of enabling, and you will have people trying to confuse you about helping, but this is a ministry this town needs to embrase.
Doctor Green

Marengo, OH

#18 Dec 5, 2012
jONI wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you who should give a duck, is every parent, aunt, brother, sister, who has a child that will be introduced to the forbidden berry at a party or somewhere, and become a slave to it and have their life ruined.
It is a fight against good and evil, and what this town needs is a place for the street rats to crash. You will be accused of enabling, and you will have people trying to confuse you about helping, but this is a ministry this town needs to embrase.
Sin has a lot to do with homelessness—34% of homeless adults have a substance abuse problem. Physical and sexual abuse, loss of a parent to crime and prison, even laziness—all contribute to homelessness. An estimated 75% of the men in prison come from broken homes. The breakdown of the family because of sexual sin, divorce, and abandonment of the family by the male is a primary cause for the filling of homeless shelters.

The Homeless Outreach that Bellefontaine needs is a place that meets the immediate physical needs: food, clothing, and a comfortable and safe place to sleep. Counseling provided to help deal with the effects of physical abuse, broken relationships, and substance abuse. Most importantly, seek to meet each individual's spiritual need: forgiveness of sin and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Gambler

Bellefontaine, OH

#19 Dec 5, 2012
Times Up wrote:
At least he has more balls than you! He put his real name on this.
Gambler

Bellefontaine, OH

#20 Dec 5, 2012
Times Up wrote:
He has more balls than you, he put his real name on this. You hide behind a keyboard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thirteen Russian Nationals indicted 1 hr Votethemout 9
Rush Limbaugh's contract is up, his benefactors... (Apr '16) 2 hr caiaphas 34
List of police codes 2017 12 hr April 2358 1
55 gallon drum of used oil needing disposed? (Oct '10) Fri cookld 16
Trump and his religious nuts Fri caiaphas 31
Parkland Florida school shooting Fri caiaphas 7
Tasha Deboard (Nov '13) Fri Westend 29

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance