Divorce Attorneys - who's the best

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Soon to be EX

Danville, OH

#1 Oct 1, 2008
Who is the best divorce attorney in this area? One that makes men quake in their boots when their (Wives) hire them?
attorney

Perrysburg, OH

#2 Oct 1, 2008
Soon to be EX wrote:
Who is the best divorce attorney in this area? One that makes men quake in their boots when their (Wives) hire them?
Roof and Barret out of kenton are pretty good.(don't use Ann Beck)

Since: Oct 07

bellefontaine

#3 Oct 1, 2008
i was going to sugguest barret also, he is good!i have used scott several times and his prices are good.great lawyer..
Soon to be EX

Danville, OH

#4 Oct 1, 2008
Thank You. I want to be fair but right now I am hurt and angry. This is not what I want. But I need to protect our children and myself. We need to be able to live.
attorney

Perrysburg, OH

#5 Oct 1, 2008
Soon to be EX wrote:
Thank You. I want to be fair but right now I am hurt and angry. This is not what I want. But I need to protect our children and myself. We need to be able to live.
Then they are the ones you want,been there and done that.Just remember you CAN'T be friends in the beginning,I've seen to many people try and be nice and it got them no where.You must think of your self and the children.Go after anything and everything you can get,demand you be kept in the life style you and the children are used to as a family.It has been 20 years for me and I can say he did me a favor!=) and he has been remarried 6 times,so that say's something.Good luck.
no way

Sevierville, TN

#6 Oct 1, 2008
Scott Barrett screwed my divorce all up! It cost me a fortune because of his neglect. Think twice about him!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#7 Oct 1, 2008
Soon to be EX wrote:
But I need to protect our children and myself. We need to be able to live.
If your so concerned get a job, if you have a job and your still worried get a better job.
cuttin edge

United States

#8 Oct 1, 2008
I've always heard Sheila Minnich (sp.?) or Roof and Barrett from Kenton.
ROOSTER

Cardington, OH

#9 Oct 1, 2008
steve from yellowstone wrote:
<quoted text>
If your so concerned get a job, if you have a job and your still worried get a better job.
I agree. Why should the ex have to support you?
skydaisy

Taylors, SC

#10 Oct 1, 2008
i think your better off getting someone out of bellefontaine!dont go to bridget hawkins she help me lose more than anything.
cuttin edge

United States

#11 Oct 1, 2008
skydaisy wrote:
i think your better off getting someone out of bellefontaine!dont go to bridget hawkins she help me lose more than anything.
I heard that also about her! You can sure tell the men posters from the women!! lol!!
Attorney

Perrysburg, OH

#12 Oct 1, 2008
cuttin edge wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that also about her! You can sure tell the men posters from the women!! lol!!
Amen to that,all the men should have taken the pool "is the grass greener on the otherside" LOL,
I don't think the one that is doing wrong ever wants to pay,But i'm a firm believer to go for the juggler,No being nice,cause nice doesn' get you any where and why should their be anything to share with someone else if you don't want to stay faithful to a family/relationship you already have. if you want out then get out and let the other person have dignity 1st then move on with whom or what ever you would like.JMO
ILBuckeye88

Baltimore, MD

#13 Oct 1, 2008
Terri Parmley, a Logan County resident who practices in Springfield and Sheila Minnich are both great. I have half a mind to contact them every once in a while so if I am ever going thru a divorce, my spouse won't be able to use them due to a conflict of interest. They are that good.
Proud Rushsylvanian

Danville, OH

#14 Oct 10, 2008
Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that,all the men should have taken the pool "is the grass greener on the otherside" LOL,
I don't think the one that is doing wrong ever wants to pay,But i'm a firm believer to go for the juggler,No being nice,cause nice doesn' get you any where and why should their be anything to share with someone else if you don't want to stay faithful to a family/relationship you already have. if you want out then get out and let the other person have dignity 1st then move on with whom or what ever you would like.JMO
Thanks to all, it's been a rough week. Most people say, it will get easier. Please keep all of us in your prayers.
AMEN!
Sow Hugger

United States

#15 Oct 10, 2008
I think you should stay locally. And when I say locally, Logan, Champaign, Hardin or Union Counties. No need to get a big expensive one from Columbus. Watch the prices here locally. Try to get someone to take it for a flat rate. No adding costs at the end. Trust me you will find out real fast that for the most part household items, towel, silverware, it's not worth fighting over. By the time you pay any attorney to fight for this stuff you could have gone out and gotten new. As for your dear possessions that are truly yours, protect them from the beginning. A lot of times these come up missing so the other one has leverage in a divorce. Remember this "It's all business from here on out." Take it from me, I gave up too much for a relationship that had no kids working my ass harder than my ex and I gave it up out of sympathy. Use reason and common sense as if you were going out to buy a house. Don't let sympathy get in the way because it will make you bitter later.
shauna

Morgan Hill, CA

#16 Oct 10, 2008
I agree, Roof & Barrett Law firm in Kenton would be a good choice.. Roof was my lawyer, and dosent specialize in divorce cases, but I have heard only great things about Barrett.
observer

Lima, OH

#17 Oct 10, 2008
Fred Johnson in Marysville is mean. He is an excellent lawyer and pulls no punches. He doesn't care who's toes he steps on. Its sometimes good to get a lawyer from out of town. He will fight tooth and nail for his clients.
Soon to be EX

Danville, OH

#18 Oct 10, 2008
Thanks again to all.
Soon to be EX

Danville, OH

#19 Oct 25, 2008
Call me dumb...but what court are divorces filed in. municipal, civil etc. And is it true that once filed all accounts are frozen? Does this include, joint accounts, single accounts, business accounts with both or one persons name on them......Thanks, this is all new to me and I'm not sure who to ask. I called an attorney and he said until I receive papers that he can do nothing for me. Also, how are the papers served to me.
Soon to be EX

Danville, OH

#20 Oct 25, 2008
And, if I am not the one that files....does the one who does... pay the attorney fees for both?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! (Jan '17) 56 min caiaphas 2,038
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) Sat Brenda 468
WPKO Whitewashing Republican Chris Hite Sexual ... Sat Hite of corruption 2
Straight from Truman's mouth about PC Fri Mein Trumpf 7
News Two Logan County school superintendents charged... Fri Big Man on Campus 5
Who is a good custody lawyer in town that is re... Oct 19 Johnny c 1
Does Homosexual Ideologies Strengthen American ... (Dec '11) Oct 19 Touch of Disgrace... 740

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages