Who is the best former BHS basketball...

Who is the best former BHS basketball player

Created by king shady on Dec 23, 2008

276 votes

Click on an option to vote

Dan Shoemaker

Randy Clark

Ed Ratliff

Mike gould

Mike gaines

Larry Ratkiff

Lisa George

Wayne Carter

Larry Ratliff

Rodney Slayback

faint memory

Ft Mitchell, KY

#41 Aug 2, 2010
Top Hat wrote:
I'm not talking about young Ray...I'm talking about the 1950's Raymond. He played with Chuck Yule, Dick Berry, Dan and Gerald Purnell, Lynn McLaughlin, Doc Watkins, and Pat Carey. They were ranked 4th in the state. Awesome team!!!!
What year was it that they were ranked 4th in the state? I have a faint memory of that team. Was Raymond the center? My dad took me to a lot of basketball games, but in the 50's I was very young.
pointer

Centerburg, OH

#42 Aug 4, 2010
leona helmsley wrote:
who led the chiefs in scoring before Jesse?
Raymond George, the best to ever come out of not only Bellefontaine but from Logan County!!!
pointer

Centerburg, OH

#43 Aug 4, 2010
faint memory wrote:
<quoted text>
What year was it that they were ranked 4th in the state? I have a faint memory of that team. Was Raymond the center? My dad took me to a lot of basketball games, but in the 50's I was very young.
We were ranked 4th in 1955, I was on that team and Ray George is the best ever from Logan County.
pointer

Centerburg, OH

#44 Aug 4, 2010
pointer wrote:
<quoted text>
We were ranked 4th in 1955, I was on that team and Ray George is the best ever from Logan County.
I for got to mention that Ray George was the leading scored in BHS history until Jesse Williams broke his record. However Jesse played 4 years of varsity ball to do it. When Ray was playing you could not play varsity as a freshman. Our freshman year 1952 the freshman team was undefeated and I think our freshman record was 14-0 with Ray leading the way.
pointer

Centerburg, OH

#45 Aug 4, 2010
pointer wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, back then the class were ranked A,B, and C with A being the larest schools and BHS was in the A group which meant we played the big schools.
John Wooden

Pell City, AL

#46 Aug 4, 2010
pointer wrote:
<quoted text>
Raymond George, the best to ever come out of not only Bellefontaine but from Logan County!!!
Raymond was great, was the best in Logan County history was Dick Ricketts from Belle Center.
thegospel14

Cleveland, TN

#47 Aug 4, 2010
i agree its hard to say due to peoples age...however you can not have a list worth anything and not have Jason Simms on it. i played with him and he was unstoppable...
Kennedy091

Delaware, OH

#48 Sep 1, 2010
c blime wrote:
It's a tossup between Mike Gaines and Ed Ratliff . Rodney Slayback is an excellent honorable mention.
Ed Ratliff is the best!!!!!:]
Kennedy091

Delaware, OH

#49 Sep 1, 2010
Ed Ratliff. Duhhh haha
Then Larry
bballin

United States

#50 Sep 2, 2010
I would have to say the year of 1992 as well! My brother played that year and I remember they were 22 -0!
Good Grief

Morgan Hill, CA

#51 Sep 2, 2010
I was actually a fairly decent player. Don't play much these days though, lol
Josh

Falmouth, ME

#52 Nov 1, 2010
Ummmm Sims, Elis and Munz are the three best players to EVER play at BHS PERIOD! Why are they not listed here???? and please don't trash talk Sims that is foul he was Murdered in 2001, thanks.
noname

Delaware, OH

#53 Nov 5, 2010
I vote for Steph, Lisa, and Renee. They were AWESOME! Too bad BHS didn't hire Renee this year as girls' varsity coach. I think they really missed out. We'll see how their season goes...I feel sorry for those girls. They have such potential.
Tigerbait

Edison, OH

#54 Nov 15, 2010
Sid Otten from 1940 played at Bowling Green and played pro.
Coach

Miamisburg, OH

#55 Nov 16, 2010
noname wrote:
I vote for Steph, Lisa, and Renee. They were AWESOME! Too bad BHS didn't hire Renee this year as girls' varsity coach. I think they really missed out. We'll see how their season goes...I feel sorry for those girls. They have such potential.
She was a nice player, but a nice person...not really.
Big Sid

Ft Mitchell, KY

#56 Nov 16, 2010
Tigerbait wrote:
Sid Otten from 1940 played at Bowling Green and played pro.
My dad played on that team with Sid Otten. I think they came in third in the State Finals. Sid was a very big man.
Topicks

Mount Gilead, OH

#57 Nov 16, 2010
Too young to have seen some of these players, but the best I saw in person was Jayson Sims. Jayson absolutely took over games and dominated.

Randy Clark would be a close second. He was a heck of a center for 6'4.

Third place would go to Henry Stolly
BKJME

Shreve, OH

#58 Nov 16, 2010
Dan Shoemaker and Mike Gould played big time college ball at Bowling Green and Toledo.That makes them the best. Sims would have never been able to play at that level. Also people forget about Travis Gamble who played on a great team that included Jamie Collins. Henry Stolly was a nice player who was the best and smartest three sport athlete that Bellefontaine ever had.

Since: Nov 09

Bellefontaine, OH

#59 Nov 16, 2010
Hard to believe that Mike Gould ended up in China or Tibet or somewhere like that and is one of the world's best known to play some kind of weird flute or something. Go figure!
URfreakinghilari ous

Bellefontaine, OH

#60 Nov 16, 2010
BKJME wrote:
Dan Shoemaker and Mike Gould played big time college ball at Bowling Green and Toledo.That makes them the best. Sims would have never been able to play at that level. Also people forget about Travis Gamble who played on a great team that included Jamie Collins. Henry Stolly was a nice player who was the best and smartest three sport athlete that Bellefontaine ever had.
I agree somewhat, although if Sims had been 6'3 he probably would have been able to name his school.

Travis Gamble was a good player, but not nearly that good. He could shoot though. I think he only played 1 or 2 years of varsity ball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Life Lesson's! 53 min CALM STILL VOICE 314
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! 3 hr Mein Trumpf 607
WPKO Lou Vito selling snake oil XANGO 8 hr Lala 8
5 Time Walmart Bandit 8 hr Lala 3
TO THOSE in DENIAL ABOUT A LIB/DEM/LEFT MEDIA: 10 hr Hiker2009 19
CNN Ali Velshi destroys GOP Congressman lies ab... Tue Mein Trumpf 74
Yin Da buffet Tue Son of sam 2

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance