Who is the best former BHS basketball...

Who is the best former BHS basketball player

Created by king shady on Dec 23, 2008

276 votes

Click on an option to vote

Dan Shoemaker

Randy Clark

Ed Ratliff

Mike gould

Mike gaines

Larry Ratkiff

Lisa George

Wayne Carter

Larry Ratliff

Rodney Slayback

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
c blime

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 23, 2008
It's a tossup between Mike Gaines and Ed Ratliff . Rodney Slayback is an excellent honorable mention.
El Royal

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 23, 2008
Your the best C blime
leona helmsley

Johnstown, OH

#3 Dec 23, 2008
Where is Keith Jeffrey's name?
King shady

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 23, 2008
leona helmsley wrote:
Where is Keith Jeffrey's name?
Darn you keep coming up with people I don't know . thanks for the input.
1Chieftain

Fairborn, OH

#5 Dec 23, 2008
Jesse Williams was better than most of the people listed here. Must be too young to know that.
kingshady

Chicago, IL

#6 Dec 23, 2008
1Chieftain wrote:
Jesse Williams was better than most of the people listed here. Must be too young to know that.
Just barely to young I guess I associated him a little more with football.
1Chieftain

Fairborn, OH

#7 Dec 23, 2008
Understandable as I firmly believe he is B-towns greatest all-time football player and all-around athlete. However, he was also a great basketball player and was BHS's all-time leading scorer in basketball for many years.
leona helmsley

Johnstown, OH

#8 Dec 23, 2008
who led the chiefs in scoring before Jesse?
kingshady

Chicago, IL

#9 Dec 23, 2008
1Chieftain wrote:
Understandable as I firmly believe he is B-towns greatest all-time football player and all-around athlete. However, he was also a great basketball player and was BHS's all-time leading scorer in basketball for many years.
Your knowledge is great o wise one . Seriously , thanks for reminding me of Jesse I had forgot about hearing of his athletic greatness. Didn't he either play or at least some pro interst.
Slap N Pickle

United States

#10 Dec 23, 2008
What about Jason Sims and Molli Munz
what

Manning, SC

#11 Dec 24, 2008
what about sara ellis, it was a shame her teams didnt have a winning record, but she did break Lisa's scoring record.

How about what years were the best basketball teams in boys and girls? I'm biased, so I'm going to stay quiet on this one.
1Chieftain

Fairborn, OH

#12 Dec 24, 2008
Jesse Williams and Gail Clark were both heavily recruited throughout the USA. Both decided to go to Michigan State U. Gail had an outstanding career at MSU and went on to play professional football first with the Chicago Bears I believe, and then another team or two if my memory serves me correctly.

Jesse Williams was an absolute phenom as a frosh at MSU rushing for all kinds of yards, etc. Freshman were not eligible to play varsity at that time. However, towards the end of that freshman season he suffered an extremely serious injury which took a long time to heal and probably cost him a sure shot at the pros. He did come back and play for MSU but never again was he the same as he had been before the injury.

"Jesse the Jet" or "Ohio's High School Gale Sayers" were two of the nicknames for Jesse that I remember. He was also a terrific track and field performer. Probably still holds BHS records that were measured in yards. When Jesse, Mike Breaston, and Mike Hassell ran track together at BHS, they all ran the 100 yard dash in under 10 seconds.

Of the "major" sports of his day, only in baseball was he not a star. Had a hard time hitting a curve and never played past Pony League.

Besides all this, Jesse was a true gentleman and sportsman. Always a very humble and polite young man. Logan County's greatest all-around athlete ever.
btown dribbler

Mansfield, OH

#13 Dec 27, 2008
I would go with Jayson Sims, though he did nothing after HS.
frank

United States

#14 Dec 27, 2008
btown dribbler wrote:
he did crack

Since: Aug 08

Bellefontaine, Ohio

#15 Dec 27, 2008
Shauna Van Horn
Rudy

West Henrietta, NY

#16 Dec 27, 2008
Casey Twins
EmersonBiggins

Bellefontaine, OH

#17 Dec 27, 2008
DNS- No voting for immediate family...

I would say Jayson Sims that I saw personally.

Randy Clark was great too. I was at a game where Don Donoher from UD was recruiting Troy McCracken from Greenon who was 6'9". Randy was 6'4", but he completely dominated that game. And the 6'9" did sign at Dayton.
sir loin

United States

#18 Dec 27, 2008
mike gould
king shady

Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 28, 2008
btown dribbler wrote:
What year did Sims play ?
EmersonBiggins

Bellefontaine, OH

#20 Dec 28, 2008
Sims- 90-93 I believe. His senior year he was nearly unstoppable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) 4 hr Shannon B 464
Trump UN Speech 11 hr Mein Trumpf 36
Do You Support Gay Marriage? (Apr '09) 19 hr USN Atheist 1,262
Horrorpunk band Grave Robber to perform @ Viney... (Aug '11) Sat Wretched Graverobber 25
Buddy Millee Sat Jason 5
OSU gitz whipped Baby! (Sep '11) Sep 22 animal control 883
West Liberty Football Sep 21 Wite_Out 12

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages