Are you jealous of your Honda working...

Are you jealous of your Honda working neighbor.

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Stirrer_Upper

Bellville, OH

#1 Sep 15, 2009
For the most part it is unskilled labor and the people were quite lucky to be picked for the job right? I mean they didn't invest 4 or 5 years in an education to get the job did they?

Bottom line is they make $35 an hour and you make $12-$16 an hour. Are they 2 1/2 better or more efficient workers than you?

Since: Mar 09

Bellefontaine

#2 Sep 15, 2009
Why are you trying to stir the pot? Are these Honda associates sitting pretty at a desk typing on a computer all day? NO! They are busting their butts doing manual labor! Factory work is not easy, and I think they deserve to make enough to support their aching backs when they choose to retire! And just an FYI, I do not work at Honda, nor does anyone in my family, I am just tired of jealous people picking on Honda associates because after their 2 year temp period Honda chose not to hire them!
RUKiddin

United States

#3 Sep 15, 2009
$35/hr, is that for real?

Since: Feb 09

AOL

#4 Sep 15, 2009
I think the OP needs to get their facts straight before posting. To begin with, the average wage is NOT $35.00 an hour. Secondly, there are people that have a college education and do work the line at Honda. OP, why don't you post how much you make an hour and lets us judge whether you deserve it or not. Why are you faulting the workers for how much they make? Are they suppose to tell Honda, "sorry, but my neighbor works at XXX and only makes $10.00 an hour and I know he works as hard as I do, so I only want to make $10.00"...Get over it..They got hired, you didn't...Move on..

Since: Sep 08

Asheville, NC

#5 Sep 15, 2009
Stirrer_Upper wrote:
For the most part it is unskilled labor and the people were quite lucky to be picked for the job right? I mean they didn't invest 4 or 5 years in an education to get the job did they?
Bottom line is they make $35 an hour and you make $12-$16 an hour. Are they 2 1/2 better or more efficient workers than you?
Actually, what I heard was that they make $75.00/hr. and most of them can't read or write. They also get 2 hour lunch breaks, 6 weeks vacation, and upon retirement they never have another worry. EVERYTHING is paid for by Honda. They have no out of pocket expenses!

Oh yeah, and I also heard from Johnny who heard from Suzie who heard from her 3rd cousin that most of them are felons and got early release from prison to work the remainder of their sentences doing hard time at Honda. I'm not sure if it's true but Johnny seems to think so.
Hazel

Urbana, OH

#6 Sep 15, 2009
There are many different jobs at honda. Many of those people have an education. Some advance themselves from within. Some quit and do other things for a variety of reasons. If anyone is unhappy with what they do or their paycheck, change it.
notbelievinthena ds

Marysville, OH

#7 Sep 15, 2009
It's Animal Control all grown up!!!!

Since: Jul 09

Gatlinburg, TN

#8 Sep 15, 2009
Excellent post CE!!! My answer is no I'm not jealous of my Honda neighbor..Why..Because hopefully if I live till 60 i will have a nice Railroad Retirement..Not to be mean but its alot more than Social Security!!

Location hidden

#9 Sep 15, 2009
Cuttin Edge wrote:
Actually, what I heard was that they make $75.00/hr. and most of them can't read or write. They also get 2 hour lunch breaks, 6 weeks vacation, and upon retirement they never have another worry. EVERYTHING is paid for by Honda.
That's just starting out though. I hear you can get up into the $100+ an hour after a couple years.
Pot_Stirrer

Centerburg, OH

#10 Sep 15, 2009
Cuttin Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, what I heard was that they make $75.00/hr. and most of them can't read or write. They also get 2 hour lunch breaks, 6 weeks vacation, and upon retirement they never have another worry. EVERYTHING is paid for by Honda. They have no out of pocket expenses!
Oh yeah, and I also heard from Johnny who heard from Suzie who heard from her 3rd cousin that most of them are felons and got early release from prison to work the remainder of their sentences doing hard time at Honda. I'm not sure if it's true but Johnny seems to think so.
LOL.$ 35 is a low estimate of the average. But if it makes you feel better about yourself thinking otherwise then go ahead. Haven't even mentioned the additional $ 7 an hour of fringe benefits they earn.
Pot_Stirrer

Centerburg, OH

#11 Sep 15, 2009
Hazel wrote:
There are many different jobs at honda. Many of those people have an education. Some advance themselves from within. Some quit and do other things for a variety of reasons. If anyone is unhappy with what they do or their paycheck, change it.
I agree. That's why I changed my career to professional pot stirrer on messageboards.
Sinister 7

Sevierville, TN

#12 Sep 15, 2009
Pot_Stirrer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. That's why I changed my career to professional pot stirrer on messageboards.
Ok Buster! you are a moron!
notbelievinthena ds

Marysville, OH

#14 Sep 15, 2009
Hey,Pot..I'll let you have 2 bucks to buy a binky if it'll shut your cakehole.........

Asheville, NC

#15 Sep 15, 2009
steve from yellowstone wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just starting out though. I hear you can get up into the $100+ an hour after a couple years.
Well, Johnny told me that only the inmates from the "insane asylum" are the ones who can make up to $100/hr. In my humble opinion Pot Stirrer doesn't have all his facts straight! I think the crazy ones are the ones who work the "assembly line".
valleychickduuuu de

Cleveland, TN

#17 Sep 15, 2009
Cuttin Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh....ok! That makes sense then! The "OLD" workers get the $75/hr and the BRAND NEW ONES get the $28.87/hr. Probably depends on if the sentencing was concurrent or consecutive (?)
Anyways getting back on topic. HELL YES, I am jealous of my neighbor. I want out of prison to work at Honda. That is so not fair! Is it the color of my skin? Maybe I'm not white enough? jeeeeezzzz!
Girl, that is TDF. Someone musta poked you with a stick. You are down right witty today, lmao. So is Mr. Edge just on work release? lol
Hazel

Urbana, OH

#18 Sep 15, 2009
Cuttin Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh....ok! That makes sense then! The "OLD" workers get the $75/hr and the BRAND NEW ONES get the $28.87/hr. Probably depends on if the sentencing was concurrent or consecutive (?)
Anyways getting back on topic. HELL YES, I am jealous of my neighbor. I want out of prison to work at Honda. That is so not fair! Is it the color of my skin? Maybe I'm not white enough? jeeeeezzzz!
You ARE on a roll today

Since: Jan 09

Bellefontaine, Ohio

#19 Sep 15, 2009
My OPINION of Honda workers is that the quality of ones life is not determined by ones income. Most of the Honda associates I know wish they could make that kind of money (I'm pretty sure they make $25/hour), or even slightly less, at a job they enjoy. The happiest, most content people I know are NOT Honda associates.
Someone from LC

Kalida, OH

#20 Sep 15, 2009
Wow, a lot of people on here are really wrong when it comes to Honda's hourly wage! your estimates are almost laughable. Enough with the hate towards Honda associates! Everyone needs a job these days and I guarantee no one is starting out at 25$ an hour! Be thankful for what you've got and stop worrying about everyone else! You'll be happier!
notbelievinthena ds

Bellefontaine, OH

#21 Sep 15, 2009
Good thing the only person who cares about your OPINION is you...
animal control

North Lewisburg, OH

#22 Sep 15, 2009
notbelievinthenads wrote:
It's Animal Control all grown up!!!!
My nearest Honda neighbor has a nice place, taxes are $6600 per year.,a wife and 14yo boy and a 12yo girl. They got divorced last year and they auctioned off all their stuff. She and the 2 kids are gone and noboby including the bank wants his new $400,000 place so he's there once in awhile hanging on to whats left of his honda dream. He don't know nothing about auto's or motorcycles or anything. My longtime good neighbor got upset the dumb honda dream dufass built beside his place so he sold it and moved away.
I wish my honda neighbor never moved here and can't wait for hime to get outta here so some normal folks can enjoy a nice hood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! 9 min Hummingbird 4 Real 594
Yin Da buffet 2 hr Chinese loving in... 1
CNN Ali Velshi destroys GOP Congressman lies ab... 3 hr Wong Dong 71
TO THOSE in DENIAL ABOUT A LIB/DEM/LEFT MEDIA: 4 hr Wong Dong 12
Life Lesson's! 4 hr LOL 311
Local Politics Do you approve of Jim Jordan as Representative? (Dec '11) Mar 25 Jordanians 116
IS the DEMOCRAT PARTY in DANGER of EXTINCTION? Mar 24 Wong Dong 130

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages