Bellefontaine Little Chief football

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Harley 99

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Sep 23, 2012
Does anyone really know the truth about why the games today were forfeited? It is totally disgusting to even let something like that happen! I don't give a hoot what the adults and especially the coaches problems are, but what you are teaching our children by your actions is not acceptable! Is sportsmanship something that isn't taught anymore or is it who's who that only counts? I am pretty sure it's obvious in this case! I hope there are parents out there that would like to have questions answered on this issue!
watup

Mount Gilead, OH

#2 Sep 23, 2012
What's going on ?
BLC PARENT

Centerburg, OH

#3 Sep 23, 2012
I apperciate what the president did for our boys!! It was wrong what the Refs were doing to our boys! Someone has to stand up for these boys when there is wrong doing!! Would you rather teach the boys the RIGHT thing to do or would you want them to think it is ok to cheat?? I for one want my children to know that the only way to do things is the RIGHT way!! You don't need to cheat to win something!! If you lose then it was a fair loss!! I am one PROUD PARENT of what happened today and I'm glad that someone is standing up for what's right!!!!!!!
Blah Blah Blah

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Sep 23, 2012
BLC PARENT wrote:
I apperciate what the president did for our boys!! It was wrong what the Refs were doing to our boys! Someone has to stand up for these boys when there is wrong doing!! Would you rather teach the boys the RIGHT thing to do or would you want them to think it is ok to cheat?? I for one want my children to know that the only way to do things is the RIGHT way!! You don't need to cheat to win something!! If you lose then it was a fair loss!! I am one PROUD PARENT of what happened today and I'm glad that someone is standing up for what's right!!!!!!!
Same old story every year. Same old coaches causing the same old problems. If you, as a parent, are so concerned with teaching your child right from wrong, or the meaning of sportsmanship or fair play... you have them playing for the Little Chiefs... Really? Stop trying to do damage control and face the facts. It is okay with you for what they did because you are apparently a thug, too.
Billy Cundiff

Fairborn, OH

#5 Sep 23, 2012
Yes, the refs were cheating. What? Are you kidding me? The Little Chiefs were getting ther butts beat by a better prepared and better coached team and the coaches were not happy so they embarrassed the the Bellefontaine community by trying to get even with the refs for kicking them out of the game for running their mouth and arguing calls in a jv little chiefs game. For real? It is not about the kids getting to play. It is all about these arrogant adults with bad attitudes and horrible coaching abilities getting their thrills. You are in a positon where kids look up to you and you have a great responsibility to act with class and maturity. I was totally embarrassed today to be a chieftain. The little chiefs games were forfeited by Dave Haw who wasn't even at the game but chose to make that call over the phone. Hopefully this hasn't ruined my kid's love of the game and if it hasn't, he won't be playing for this mickey mouse organization next year.
shocking

Port Matilda, PA

#6 Sep 23, 2012
Reffs cheating for a peewee 4th and 5th grade little chiefs football game? I really find that hard to believe!!! Pretty SAD though that those kids practiced all week and set aside their Sunday to play football and didn't even get to play because of the ADULTS actions REF or COACHES either way should ALL be ashamed of them selfs and own the kids for their actions!! I am sickened to hear of suck nonsence and approiate action NEEDS to be taken so this NEVER happens in the league again!
scott

United States

#7 Sep 24, 2012
We were there and still don't know what all happened. All I want is to go and watch them play do there best Win or lose. Its 4&5th grade football have fun learn the game at this age. I'm just letting you all know there are NO NFL scouts looking at any of our kids at these games let them play and be kids.
GBA

United States

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Adam Brannon, Traul and Gosley should fire that Dave hawk guy and the parents who are inappropriate shouldn't be allowed in the park.
Noz E

Bellefontaine, OH

#9 Sep 24, 2012
So what went on anyway? Give me some details.
scott

United States

#10 Sep 24, 2012
Noz E wrote:
So what went on anyway? Give me some details.
This is what we seen. The ref made a bad call on the first play of the game by not calling offside on graham they scored. We get the ball first play we score. We go for 2 the ref calls the runner down he was clearly still moving forward. The play is on film. Coach says something only the coach and ref knows what was said. Coach get a flag. He Says someting else gets another flag and gets tossed. I don't know what was said. it was a he said she said thing. I think standing up for what's right is the right thing to do. But here is where I'm a little upset. The coach knows the rules. If you get tossed you leave. You don't go outside the fence and try to coach by telling another coach to call time out. The kids don't care about bad calls they want to play they don't work hard all week for the adults to mess it up for them. If the kids did that it would be a lot of running today at practice. I would like to see the kids run practice today. Run coach run.
Graham parent

Dayton, OH

#11 Sep 24, 2012
I am a graham jv pee wee parent. I was at the game yesterday. Here is what I witnessed, a Bellefontaine coach (large man and short) got upset on the first or second play of the game about a call. I don't know what the call was. He cussed (I heard) at the ref while he was on the field with kids standing close. The ref threw him out of the game. All seemed to be fine. Then, during the late 2nd quarter, the same coach that was thrown out reappeard wearing different clothes and was coaching again off the feld near the end zone. The refs recognized him and asked him to leave for a 2nd time. He threw a fit, yelling, etc., and they ran him off after threatning to call police. He went outside the fence and continued to argue with the refs and then I think he finally left. Halftime came and both cheerleading teams did their thing. When halftime was over, Grahams kids took their position on the field and then were notified that the president of bellefontaines pee wee program was forfeiting the game. No other explanation was given. Graham kids lined up to shake hands and Bellefontaine's team packed up, left and didn't shake hands. Graham was up 22-6 at the half. NOW, Graham plays bellefontaines other 2 teams this next weekend, I am wondering if they are going to forefeit those games too? I honestly didn't see any cheating, there were missed calls on both sides. HOrribly sad display of poor sportsmanship from the Bellefontaine coach.
Noz E

Bellefontaine, OH

#12 Sep 24, 2012
I see. Sounds to me like both the Ref(s) and the Coach(es) could use some training. By all means, stand up for what is right but do it in an assertive as opposed to an agressive manner. Teach kids to play football and to deal with life's issues appropriately. Take the film and complaints to whatever authority administers the referees and seek better training or replacement of refs. Play the game out helping the kids to do their best to win dispite unagreeable ref calls. Let the boys leave the game tired... tired from doing their best and not tired of the "Adults" messing up their day.
Little chiefs parents 12

Grand Blanc, MI

#13 Sep 24, 2012
First of all teaching our children good sportsmanship and integrity is most important. The Refs were out of line, completely agreed. But all in all our boys wanted to play football. On the other hand these coaches that contribute their time and energy to help our children play sports has to be admired. All I understand is the president of the association was concernd about the safety of everybody from Bellefontaine. There are an awful lot of thoughts and feelings to consider before passing judgement about this situation. It was something none of us had experience, but I am still proud to be a chieftain.
Justine Case

Marysville, OH

#14 Sep 24, 2012
Bad coaches = disappointed players.
My son played Little League Baseball in BTown. His coach was ejected from the first game of the year. Argued with the umpires constantly. My son told me that he just wanted to have fun, but he didn't want to play for that coach anymore. He took his uniform to the next practice & quit. He was more of a man at 11 than the coach at 35!
Graham parent

Dayton, OH

#15 Sep 24, 2012
The president was concerned for their safety?? Seriously? From a bad call from a ref about a Bellefontaine player being ruled "down" when he was still standing (albeit surrounded by Graham players)??
If anyone should've been concerned for their safety, it should've been the Graham parents and players due to the erratic behavior of the Bellefontaine coach. HE CHANGED CLOTHES IN THE PARKING LOT TO COME BACK INTO STADIUM. That is ODD and ERRATIC. It's JV PEE WEE FOOTBALL ??? Let the kids play. It's for the kids, I saw no rough, unneccesary, blatant acts of violence between the kids, but the president, who wasn't there was worried about safety?? I am beginning to wonder if I watched the same game??
Little chiefs parent 12

Bellefontaine, OH

#16 Sep 24, 2012
Graham parent wrote:
The president was concerned for their safety?? Seriously? From a bad call from a ref about a Bellefontaine player being ruled "down" when he was still standing (albeit surrounded by Graham players)??
If anyone should've been concerned for their safety, it should've been the Graham parents and players due to the erratic behavior of the Bellefontaine coach. HE CHANGED CLOTHES IN THE PARKING LOT TO COME BACK INTO STADIUM. That is ODD and ERRATIC. It's JV PEE WEE FOOTBALL ??? Let the kids play. It's for the kids, I saw no rough, unneccesary, blatant acts of violence between the kids, but the president, who wasn't there was worried about safety?? I am beginning to wonder if I watched the same game??
I am not going to entertain the argument of your community again like we just about did yesterday. In case you aren't aware it takes two to argue, and I am pretty sure we weren't going back and forth with ourselves yesterday. As far as a parent , we wouldn't entrust our children with coaches like you are explaining. The coach never left and changed his clothes, really!!! Quit grasping at straws. And yes we were concerned for our safety because there were irate Graham parents screaming and antagonizing the situation. Let's really discuss sportsmanship, did we not shake hands before or after your JV boys booed our football team? What kind of sportsmanship is that teaching young men of your community? Our boys had no idea what the coaches or the parents of both sides were kicking and screaming about. Get it straight. I'lll let it be known for the record that since we could go back and forth about who witnessed what. We have it on tape. It's time to show what the truth is, Brad you have it all filmed now show it so we can stop all this bickering.
Graham parent

Dayton, OH

#17 Sep 24, 2012
I have not idea what your coach was screaming about, someone on your team posted here it was because of a bad call in the beginning.

I seriously heard no booing from our side, nor did I hear any parents bickering. I also did NOT hear any Bellefontaine parents being disrespectful either. FYI, Your team DID NOT shake hands with our team.
I'm not bickering about calls. I could care less about the tape. Refs make bad calls. Life's not fair. The score was 22-6. I don't think the 2 point conversion would've mattered.
The short, heavy coach DID change clothes after he was kicked out.
You're talking about he Graham-Bellefontaine JV PEE WEE game yesterday at Graham, right??
BLC

Bellefontaine, OH

#18 Sep 24, 2012
I'm not here to defend either side of the situation. I do know that the LC coach did not change his clothes. He gave his coaching jacket and hat to a parent who stepped in to coach for him. I don't the coach was trying to hide the fact he was still there. He stood right outside the fence and watched the entire time.
Dave Haw

Bellefontaine, OH

#19 Sep 24, 2012
Graham had no control of the situation Sunday.
How can a coach not in a game be thrown out?

I talked to a parent from Graham that was thrown out of our game last year in Bellefontaine.He stood outside the gate and I talked to him for about a half hour.He calmed down and we had a good conversation. I could have called the police, but hey, it is pee wee football.

Sunday the phone reports I had was that things were getting ugly.I decided to have the Bellefontaine kids come home to avoid a real problem that could flare up.

We will have a league meeting and work things out.
I am sure things will be fine for Graham when they come to Btown Sunday.
We have been playing Graham for years and I have met some great people.

Unfortunately, they have had embezzlement and other troubles the last several years that they may be still be working out.

Coool heads will prevail.
Graham parent

Dayton, OH

#20 Sep 24, 2012
Sorry, I may have been wrong about changing clothes if he ditched the hat and jacket, he appeared different.

If he was not a coach, he shouldn't have been standing on the field with players while the game was going on. BLC's comment indicates he was a coach. He appeared to be a coach and HE was clearly out of control. Three refs had to walk him out the second time he was asked to leave.

What do Graham's money issues have to do with yesterdays game? Nice change of subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ed 13 min Caiaphas 72
Another School Shooting-maga maga maga 38 min Trump2020 113
How to tell when Trump tells a lie 44 min Trump2020 16
Trump nominated for the Noballs NOPiece Prize 2 hr Caiaphas 3
Harley Davidson closes Kansas plant-opens plant... 2 hr Caiaphas 22
friday night bingo in bellefontaine !!!!!! at... 5 hr Having fun 74
Nobel peace prize 10 hr Caiaphas 30

Bellefontaine Jobs

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages