First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Feb 17, 2013
" VISION TO AMERICA" by Kerry Picket 15 Feb 2013 941post a comment
Six gun companies have announced plans to stop selling any of their products to any government agency in states that severely limit the rights of private gun ownership.
Disappointed with New York State lawmakers and other jurisdictions around the country who have passed strict gun control legislation, the companies—composed of firearm manufacturers, gunsmiths, and sporting goods retailers—have announced these policies in the past week.
Their various statements emphasize that such laws create a class of government employees with rights and and a class of citizens without rights. Thus, they refuse to aid the enforcement of such inequality.
The announcements read:
•LaRue Tactical
Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.
•Olympic Arms
Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.
In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.
•Extreme Firepower Inc, LLC
The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms. Law-enforcement agencies are typically exempt from these restrictions. EFI, LLC does not recognize law-

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Bellefontaine, OH

#2 Feb 17, 2013
enforcement exemptions to local, state, and federal gun control laws. If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.
•Templar Custom
We will not sell arms to agents of the state of New York that hold themselves to be "more equal" than their citizens.
As long as the legislators of New York think they have the power to limit the rights of their citizens, in defiance of the Constitution, we at Templar will not sell them firearms to enforce their edicts.
Templar Custom is announcing that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee will no longer be served as customers.
•York Arms
Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.
•Cheaper than Dirt
Recently, companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms have announced that they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states that deny the right to own those items to civilians. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt’s policy to not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and/or agents in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this policy.
Second Amendment activist groups Guns Save Life and Grass Roots North Carolina are currently urging big gun manufacturers Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson, and Glock to halt their sales to government agencies within states that have clamped down on their residents' right to bear arms.

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Bellefontaine, OH

#3 Feb 18, 2013
The libs won't touch this one with a 10 foot pole!
flip flopper sux

Lakeview, OH

#4 Feb 18, 2013
Good for these manufactures.Now if there was someway to get all the law abiding citizens to leave these places,that way only criminals and cops remain that would be great!Chicago and New York are 2 toilet bowl cities that need flushed BAD!

“None genuine without this seal”

Since: May 09

Logan County, Ohio

#5 Feb 19, 2013
It's a nice gesture. I notice that Colts Manufacturing, Smith & Wesson and other major suppliers to law enforcement and the US governent have not joined the boycot however. How long before Pres. Obama issues an executive order authorizing the transfer of federal firearms and ammunition as grants in aid from federal arsenals to local and state police in the affected states? Still you have to applaud a noble gesture like that.
Wow

Ada, OH

#6 Feb 19, 2013
MollyHigh wrote:
It's a nice gesture. I notice that Colts Manufacturing, Smith & Wesson and other major suppliers to law enforcement and the US governent have not joined the boycot however. How long before Pres. Obama issues an executive order authorizing the transfer of federal firearms and ammunition as grants in aid from federal arsenals to local and state police in the affected states? Still you have to applaud a noble gesture like that.
The majority of city LEO's carry Glocks. Fed. LEO's carry Sigs. Not to many Colts or S&W's carried by LEO's anymore.
flip flopper sux

Lakeview, OH

#7 Feb 21, 2013
MollyHigh wrote:
I think they will continue to supply side arms but if they stop contracting guns citizens cant have it wont change anything but it will make a statement.
Squiggy

Westerville, OH

#8 Feb 21, 2013
They're only hurting themselves. What kind of business turns down government contracts?
Born Free

Marysville, OH

#9 Feb 21, 2013
It wasn't so many years ago that Smith & Wesson lost a great deal of owner loyalty because it showed a split personality in selling to ordinary citizens and government agencies. I myself started buying Taurus revolvers instead of Smiths. Others switched to different brands of revolvers and semiauto pistols. I doubt the folks at S&W have completely forgotten that lesson. It resulted in a lot of bad pub for the company. Some customers never went back.

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Bellefontaine, OH

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Squiggy wrote:
They're only hurting themselves. What kind of business turns down government contracts?
Many do not bid for government contracts because they are sooo cumberson to bid: Hundreds of pages to fill out, stupid questions to answer, never hear from the agency after doing all the requirements, have to bid sooo low little profit is realized,
large amounts of deposit money required tro be sent with a bid,
bids are "thrown out" for not crossing a "T"
For those who have bid govt contracts, you will understand what I'm saying.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#11 Feb 22, 2013

Actually, most government contracting is done online now.

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Bellefontaine, OH

#12 Feb 22, 2013
magictrix wrote:
Actually, most government contracting is done online now.
Lots of it is. Still very much a trial. I have done both. My experience is limited with only bidding with states & large cities,
though. Actually these large cities & states fall over 50 cents to pick up a nickel with their bidding process. Then, too, most of the PA's know very little about what they are buying & what the item(S) are used for. Now the smaller cities, TWPS, and villages bid more efficiently by calling up three providers, obtaining 3 prices & going from there. The Pentagon is the "baddest" to bid & do business with.

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Bellefontaine, OH

#13 Feb 24, 2013
SALES TO ANTI-GUN CITIES & STATES GROW:

" VISION TO AMERICA" by Kerry Picket 15 Feb 2013 941post a comment
Six gun companies have announced plans to stop selling any of their products to any government agency in states that severely limit the rights of private gun ownership.

UPDATE 02-23-2013:

Previously I listed the following companies:

Olympic Arms, Inc
La Rue Tactical
EFI, LLC – Extreme Firepower
York Arms
Templar Custom
Cheaper Than Dirt
Barrett Firearms Manufacturing
Now the list has expanded to include:

Bullwater Enterprises 2-16-13
West Fork Armory 2-16-13
Smith Enterprise 2-17-13
Alex Arms 2-17-13
Spike’s Tactical 2-18-13
Quality Arms Idaho 2-19-13
Liberty Suppressors 2-19-13
Doublestar Corp 2-19-13 (Includes J&T Distributing & Ace LTD)
American Spirit Arms 2-19-13 (complete with a video!)
Trident Armory 2-17-13 (reported to me 2-20-13)
Head Down Products 2-20-13
J&G Sales 2-20-13
Exile Machine 2-20-13
Tier One Arms 2-15-13 (reported to me 2-20-13)
Bravo Company USA 2-20-13
Primary Weapons Systems 2-21-13 (read my blog post on PWS)
Crusader Weaponry 2-20-13
Top Gun Supply 2-21-13
Kiss Tactical 2-21-13
Clark Fork Tactical 2-21-13
OFA Tactical 2-17-13 (reported to me 2-21-13)
One Source Tactical 2-21-13 (Scroll down to shipping restrictions)
Templar Tactical Arms 2-12-13 (reported 2-21-13)
NEMO Arms 2-21-13 (check out their photo!)
Old Grouch’s Military Surplus 1-15-13 (NOT a typo!)
Big Horn Armory 2-22-13
Midway USA 2-22-13
CMMG Inc 2-22-13
Rocky Top Tactical 2-22-13
Badger Peak 2-22-13
Controlled Chaos Arms 2-22-13
SRT Arms 2-22-13
Norton Firearms 2-22-13
Umlaut Industries 2-22-13
Predator Intelligence 2-2-13 (Read comments)
Citizen Arms 2-23-13 (At the bottom of the page)
Evolution Weaponry 2-17-13
Chaos Arms 2-23-13
Warbirds Custom Guns 2-23-13 (Scroll to the bottom)
JBTAC 2-23-13
Stoner Arms 2-22-13
Ammoclip (Date of policy unknown)
3 Rivers Precision 2-22-13
2A Firearms 2-22-13
Lanco Tactical 2-22-13
Predator Tactical 2-23-13
Umlaut Industries LLC 2-23-13
Rhino Arms LLC 2-23-13
Moldylocks

Bluffton, OH

#14 Feb 24, 2013
All those names sound like little Mom & Pop outfits, Don. Where are the big arms dealers?

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Bellefontaine, OH

#15 Feb 24, 2013
Moldylocks wrote:
All those names sound like little Mom & Pop outfits, Don. Where are the big arms dealers?
They have not & probably will not "sign up." Actually, I did not know there are sooo many gun makers.
Moldylocks

Bluffton, OH

#16 Feb 24, 2013
I suspect the ones listed are mostly dealers, not manufacturers.

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Bellefontaine, OH

#17 Feb 24, 2013
Moldylocks wrote:
I suspect the ones listed are mostly dealers, not manufacturers.
ACRU SPORT could be an example of just sales.
Moldylocks

Mount Vernon, OH

#18 Feb 24, 2013
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
ACRU SPORT could be an example of just sales.
Is AcruSport the Bellefontaine firm that makes those computerized laser gun sights that automatically seek out and lock onto underage targets and then immediately pull the trigger themselves so the shooter doesn't have to do anything but show up? I'd like to buy a dozen or so of those AcruSport sights for my assault weapons if you've got any connections, Don...
JDK

Kenton, OH

#19 Feb 24, 2013
It's about time. We need to put some pressure on the large companies to do the same. If citizens dont have the right to own a certain gun then niether does the government!

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Bellefontaine, OH

#20 Feb 24, 2013
Moldylocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Is AcruSport the Bellefontaine firm that makes those computerized laser gun sights that automatically seek out and lock onto underage targets and then immediately pull the trigger themselves so the shooter doesn't have to do anything but show up? I'd like to buy a dozen or so of those AcruSport sights for my assault weapons if you've got any connections, Don...
That I don't know. What I do know is that I have "no pull or less" with Bill Frame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What content drives topix numbers up? 4 hr Satan 5
No Indictment... 8 hr southFORKskunkBEAR 127
GRAND JURY TESTIMONY vs MOB RULE 10 hr southFORKskunkBEAR 6
Has Bellefontaine Topix Lost Its Appeal? 11 hr USN Atheist 75
Another Rat Jumps the Obama Ship! 13 hr DON W SOUTH 73
Happy Thanksgiving (Nov '13) 18 hr southFORKskunkBEAR 27
Dummies of the year (Dec '10) 18 hr southFORKskunkBEAR 29
Bellefontaine Dating
Find my Match

Bellefontaine People Search