job growth booms in right to work sta...

job growth booms in right to work state---indiana

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ +IAN, AMERICAN, OHIOAN, BELLE”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 May 26, 2012
Job growth booms in now RTW Indiana
Dear DON,

Indiana's popular Right to Work law officially took effect just over two months ago -- and the much-needed legislation is already paying off.

In fact, a new report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows Indiana is home to one of every eight new private-sector jobs created nationwide in April.

"We've seen good job growth over the last several months in Indiana but it looks like the nation as a whole was slowing down a bit. But last month Indiana just zoomed past the rest of the country in terms of job growth," Ball State University economist Michael Hicks explained.

This is just the latest in a growing body of evidence on the economic advantages of Right to Work laws, not to mention the strong moral case that workers should never be compelled to support a union against their will.

Of course, that's precisely why the union bosses are so eager to undo the reforms.

In one of their most absurd arguments, union lawyers actually contend that Indiana's Right to Work law violates the U.S. Constitution's prohibition on slavery.

They have it intentionally backwards.

Union bosses know that for decades the courts have upheld Right to Work laws while acknowledging the fundamental conflict between compulsory unionism and freedom of association.

In fact, as recently as 2007 in the Foundation-won Davenport v. WEA decision, the United States Supreme Court reiterated that Right to Work laws are constitutional.

While the early job reports are encouraging, it's vital we continue to aggressively defend Indiana's Right to Work law every step of the way from these groundless legal assaults.

That's why two clients of Foundation attorneys filed an amicus brief in state court to support the Right to Work law.

The union bosses hope that by dragging out the battle in Indiana, they will also suppress the growing Right to Work movements in other states. But as Indiana's stunning job growth proves, the facts will make every state want to be a Right to Work state.

From: MARK MIX, National Right To Work Legal Defense TEAM

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2 May 26, 2012
This is just the latest in a growing body of evidence on the economic advantages of Right to Work laws, not to mention the strong moral case that workers should never be compelled to support a union against their will.

From what I understand, most of these great new jobs are at a lower wage and with no pension plan when compared to other states.
I can understand why you would like this. How old are you...70 or 75...and you still have to work.....Sure wish I worked in Indiana...NOT.

Bellefontaine, OH

#3 May 27, 2012
Ironbutterfly wrote:
From what I understand, most of these great new jobs are at a lower wage and with no pension plan when compared to other states.
I can understand why you would like this. How old are you...70 or 75...and you still have to work.....Sure wish I worked in Indiana...NOT.
My, my, always the negativist. I consider it a gift from God, that I still am physically able to do want I want to do, which is "work," if you want to call what I do, work.

Location hidden

#4 May 27, 2012
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>My, my, always the negativist. I consider it a gift from God, that I still am physically able to do want I want to do, which is "work," if you want to call what I do, work.
And you should thank God daily for your gift. Everyone is not able to work that long. As for being negative.....well...a low paying job without health care or a pension isn't a very good job at all. You are well aware of that....That's what keeps you working at your age. You have to make money because you do not have a pension and social security isn't enough to make ends meet.
And I'm sure I hit the nail right on the head......
Georgie

Cardington, OH

#5 May 27, 2012
Right to work states are a joke, it's just another way to justify low wages,take away workers rights and to silence the American worker.
Do you all want to work for Walmart wages?

Bellefontaine, OH

#6 May 27, 2012
Ironbutterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
And you should thank God daily for your gift. Everyone is not able to work that long. As for being negative.....well...a low paying job without health care or a pension isn't a very good job at all. You are well aware of that....That's what keeps you working at your age. You have to make money because you do not have a pension and social security isn't enough to make ends meet.
And I'm sure I hit the nail right on the head......
You "hit your thumb." I could very easily live on my/our SS. Don't owe "no" money. I work, if you call it that, to buy things I don't need, it gives me someting to do, & it is a ministry for me. What I do now, that I am "retired," is a service to others who depend on me.

Bellefontaine, OH

#7 May 27, 2012
Georgie wrote:
Right to work states are a joke, it's just another way to justify low wages,take away workers rights and to silence the American worker.
Do you all want to work for Walmart wages?
What's your alternative? More of the same?

Since: Oct 10

Lucas, OH

#8 May 27, 2012
Don likes working for low wages

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#9 May 27, 2012
Awoo wrote:
At least it is a wage. That is better than what a lot of Ohioans are getting right now.
Ambulance chaser

Marengo, OH

#10 May 27, 2012
There will always be a demand for slave labor...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#11 May 27, 2012
Ironbutterfly wrote:
So you save for your own retirement and pay for your own health insurance. Millions of Americans like me do it, it is called being self employed. We all have the same choices in life IB. "The best way to predict the future is to create it" Abraham Lincoln

Bellefontaine, OH

#12 May 27, 2012
Awoo wrote:
Yeah! I only made $35.00 per hour at the time I "retired."
However, I have worked as low as $0.50 per hour. What this fact should show you is that there are countless opportunities in the Good Ole US of A. Success depends a lot on one's attitude. If one has been "conditioned" to think he is poor, chances are, he'll be poor. If one wants to blame the boss for his "plight", chance are he will spend a lifetime working under & "blaming" that there boss.
No need for most to be whinning in this country, unless they are sick or disabled. Most don't recognize opportunity 'cause it comes dressed up as hard work

Location hidden

#13 May 27, 2012
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! I only made $35.00 per hour at the time I "retired."
However, I have worked as low as $0.50 per hour. What this fact should show you is that there are countless opportunities in the Good Ole US of A. Success depends a lot on one's attitude. If one has been "conditioned" to think he is poor, chances are, he'll be poor. If one wants to blame the boss for his "plight", chance are he will spend a lifetime working under & "blaming" that there boss.
No need for most to be whinning in this country, unless they are sick or disabled. Most don't recognize opportunity 'cause it comes dressed up as hard work
I find it hard to believe you make 35.00 an hour hauling around the Amish. My son did that a time or 2 and it was nowhere near that rate. Maybe you make that rate because you also minister to them. That is not believable since the Amish are pretty independant folk.

As for your conditioning statement.......if both parents work and, let's say they have 2 kids....They each make 9.00 an hour....this gives them a weekly gross of..say $720.00...let's say they have no health care...so they either pay out of pocket or they don't go to the doctors...They think (Conditioning provided by Don) that they are rich or successful...Are they rich or poor....According to Don, they are rich.....but according to the bank (when they apply for a car or home loan), they will be poor. We'll see how that loan comes out.

As for your sick & disabled comment....they should be whining...how so??..Do you mean the sick that are employed and have no health care. the same ones who will need to come up with 20K before a hopital or surgeon will operate on them?? Well now, they can just go to a bank and apply for a loan.....I'm sure that will work.
I agree, it's perfectly OK for them to whine because people like you & most republicans don't want Obama care......well just because its Obama....psssst...did you know he wasn't born in the U.S.????
Anyway...we should all work until we are 70...and then take a second job hauling the Amish around....great plan.
I grew up poor & I know what it's like. I'm not poor now.
Don and the rest of his conservatives brothers are selling Chicken Salad sandwiches, only it's not chicken salad....it's chicken poop......Now, they will tell you it's chicken salad...but after the 1st bite.....you will know it's chicken poop. In the sandwich senario....it's not about the conditioning...it's about taste and substance.

Since: Oct 10

Lucas, OH

#14 May 27, 2012
Hiker2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least it is a wage. That is better than what a lot of Ohioans are getting right now.
Ohio's rank, near the middle, tied with Pennsylvania for the 28th lowest unemployment rate in the country at 7.4 percent for April.
Ohio's rank with an 8.8 percent unemployment rate a year earlier, in April 2011.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#15 May 28, 2012
Awoo wrote:
<quoted text> Ohio's rank, near the middle, tied with Pennsylvania for the 28th lowest unemployment rate in the country at 7.4 percent for April.
Ohio's rank with an 8.8 percent unemployment rate a year earlier, in April 2011.
Are you saying that 7.4% is acceptable? Does that figure also include the discouraged workers?

Bellefontaine, OH

#16 May 28, 2012
Ironbutterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it hard to believe you make 35.00 an hour hauling around the Amish. My son did that a time or 2 and it was nowhere near that rate. Maybe you make that rate because you also minister to them. That is not believable since the Amish are pretty independant folk.
As for your conditioning statement.......if both parents work and, let's say they have 2 kids....They each make 9.00 an hour....this gives them a weekly gross of..say $720.00...let's say they have no health care...so they either pay out of pocket or they don't go to the doctors...They think (Conditioning provided by Don) that they are rich or successful...Are they rich or poor....According to Don, they are rich.....but according to the bank (when they apply for a car or home loan), they will be poor. We'll see how that loan comes out.
As for your sick & disabled comment....they should be whining...how so??..Do you mean the sick that are employed and have no health care. the same ones who will need to come up with 20K before a hopital or surgeon will operate on them?? Well now, they can just go to a bank and apply for a loan.....I'm sure that will work.
I agree, it's perfectly OK for them to whine because people like you & most republicans don't want Obama care......well just because its Obama....psssst...did you know he wasn't born in the U.S.????
Anyway...we should all work until we are 70...and then take a second job hauling the Amish around....great plan.
I grew up poor & I know what it's like. I'm not poor now.
Don and the rest of his conservatives brothers are selling Chicken Salad sandwiches, only it's not chicken salad....it's chicken poop......Now, they will tell you it's chicken salad...but after the 1st bite.....you will know it's chicken poop. In the sandwich senario....it's not about the conditioning...it's about taste and substance.
On another thread you belittled someone for spelling & sentence structure. Using your criterion, you should learn to read. No, I don't make $35.00 per hour driving the AMISH,
as you said I said I did. Re-read my post & then we'll talk about it.

Location hidden

#18 May 28, 2012
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
"as you said I said I did."
Brownies anyone???I think Don has some. He may want to share.

Bellefontaine, OH

#19 May 28, 2012
Don W Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Don - you are a jackass - having everyone employed as a temp worker is not sustainable and is not good public policy.
Half the people who work at Honda are temps, they don't have insurance or benefits. That's a major problem. If we were a right to work state this problem would be a lot worse.
If the US moved to a single payer system I wouldn't worry about being a right to work state, but we're not.
Better keep the rhetoric down or HONDA wiil here & move to a RTWS, like they did their CIVIC assembly plant. I believe it was INDIANA, where Mitch Daniels is GOVERNOR.
your father

United States

#20 Dec 11, 2012
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>Better keep the rhetoric down or HONDA wiil here & move to a RTWS, like they did their CIVIC assembly plant. I believe it was INDIANA, where Mitch Daniels is GOVERNOR.
Foreign cars are for traitors. Of course the comapnies that cater to american traitors are going to gravitate toward states that abuse american workers. And please, no retired people should reply to this post because its non of your business. We've seen what you have done to this country already.

Bellefontaine, OH

#21 Dec 11, 2012
your father wrote:
<quoted text>
Foreign cars are for traitors. Of course the comapnies that cater to american traitors are going to gravitate toward states that abuse american workers. And please, no retired people should reply to this post because its non of your business. We've seen what you have done to this country already.
Not all of us. Don't blame. I voted for GOLDWATER, and my parents voted against FDR & we both voted against LBJ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House Report Exonerates Hillary Clinton For Ben... 1 hr Flip Flopper 14
Just What Are an Individuals Constitutional Rig... 2 hr CALM STILL VOICE 35
Did Jesus Judge People and Their Behavior? 2 hr USN Atheist 134
Who Is Really Responsible for the Decline of th... 4 hr CALM STILL VOICE 22
The Puzzling Vilification of Hillary 9 hr CALM STILL VOICE 24
All Things Hillary (May '15) 9 hr Big Bertha 126
Here we go again, another slipery slope. 13 hr CALM STILL VOICE 15
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) Mon Idk__ 400
More from around the web

Personal Finance