One Dead In Logan County House Fire

One Dead In Logan County House Fire

There are 9 comments on the WHIO-AM Dayton story from Sep 25, 2009, titled One Dead In Logan County House Fire. In it, WHIO-AM Dayton reports that:

An overnight house fire in Logan County leaves one person dead. It happened in the 600 block of West Williams Street in Bellefontaine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHIO-AM Dayton.

c magnus

Gatlinburg, TN

#1 Oct 7, 2009
did we ever get the story on how that actually happened

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2 Oct 7, 2009
I'm wondering if this was the same Jim Wells that was the boyfriend of Jeannie Martin. Anyone know?
AJH

Johnson City, TN

#3 Oct 8, 2009
no his girlfriend was josette butts. they are still investigating to see what caused the fire. i know there was electrical problems the lanlord knew about and never fixed so i'm guessing it was that
thecableguy

Sevierville, TN

#4 Oct 11, 2009
It was sad. I actually woke up at like 3:15 am when the fist page went out for only the back room of the downstairs appt. @ 3:30 they paged in more local support to the BFD and annouced an elderly man trapped on second floor. @ 3:40 they paged a second for locals and mutual aid from HVFD. (man still traped on second floor.) All pages from then on were man traped on second floor and house was now fully engulfed....seems like too much time passed from just a small fire on the back of the downstairs appt to man traped upstairs and fully engulfed...The really sad thing is I have met him several times in my career and thought he was a very nice man.

“"For where your treasure is,"”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#5 Nov 7, 2009
Logan County Mom wrote:
I'm wondering if this was the same Jim Wells that was the boyfriend of Jeannie Martin. Anyone know?
I think Jeannie and Jim were a couple years ago.
Sharon

Mansfield, OH

#6 Dec 3, 2009
Logan County Mom wrote:
No not the same Jim. He was the boyfriend of Joset Butts. No We never actually found out what happened that early morning. I have heard,They have always have swept things under the carpet(L.C.S.D.). Now that's a shame, I would have 2 say.:(
Miss-understood

Cleveland, TN

#7 Dec 3, 2009
It couldn't have been "swept under the rug" by the LCSD, it happened within the city limits so the Bellefontaine Police Department, NOT the Logan County Sheriff's Office (its an elected office, not a department, hence LCSO not LCSD) would have been the investigating agency.
Wite_Out

Marysville, OH

#8 Dec 3, 2009
It would actually be the State Fire Marshall that is investigating the fire.
Presto

Mansfield, OH

#9 Dec 3, 2009
Wite_Out wrote:
It would actually be the State Fire Marshall that is investigating the fire.
I agree, LCSD is not involved in any way with the investigation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Life Lesson's! 2 hr CALM STILL VOICE 315
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! 3 hr Hiker2009 608
WPKO Lou Vito selling snake oil XANGO 12 hr Lala 8
5 Time Walmart Bandit 12 hr Lala 3
TO THOSE in DENIAL ABOUT A LIB/DEM/LEFT MEDIA: 14 hr Hiker2009 19
CNN Ali Velshi destroys GOP Congressman lies ab... Tue Mein Trumpf 74
Yin Da buffet Tue Son of sam 2

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance