Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

It was hard to watch his speech tonight.... He might be a good VP candidate just because he will gaurantee Florida and secure alot of Spanish/argentine Americans too vote for the republicans. Too socially conservative for me but at least he talked about a balanced budget...

FYI- Australia and Switzerland both have a modified balanced budget law.

Since: Oct 10

Lucas, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

He likes his water, reminds me of Michele Bachman looking at the wrong camera. Haven't these people ever heard of a thing called "rehearsal''?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
GBA

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

He looked pretty unprofessional

“Capable of Chasing Eagles!”

Since: May 09

Soaring on Wings of Spirit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

It would seem that neither Ryan or Rubio can talk without gulping water. lol.

Was I hallucinating, but did I hear right? In his after union speech, did Rubio say that his father lived on Welfare and Medicare for years after coming here from Cuba, but then in the next breath, he said that 'big government is the problem!?' Does this guy really know what he's saying?
Rubio, the Republican savior: http://www.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,20130...

Haines City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Hummingbird 4 Real wrote:
Was I hallucinating, but did I hear right? In his after union speech, did Rubio say that his father lived on Welfare and Medicare for years after coming here from Cuba, but then in the next breath, he said that 'big government is the problem!?' Does this guy really know what he's saying?
Rubio, the Republican savior: http://www.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,20130...
No, he didn't say that - he said he worked as a bartender, retired and Medicare allowed for the tx of his father until he passed. He also said he wants to preserve Medicare as we all do; but, that if you take the stand of the Democrats and do nothing then Medicare will not be around - but to understand that, you have to understand basic math.

It is typical those that would oppose what he said are so shallow that you get all excited because he had to take a drink of water during the middle of his speech - wow, what a crime! The substance of his speech, creating a vision of economic opportunity and the fact that it was the people that made this country work, not the government, was what was important. The venue of the response is difficult. I once watched Pelosi and Reid try it and it was bad so I wouldn't count him out because he took a drink of water. Face it - none of the folks posting would have ever voted for Rubio anyway so what would you expect.

“Capable of Chasing Eagles!”

Since: May 09

Soaring on Wings of Spirit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

thud333 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he didn't say that - he said he worked as a bartender, retired and Medicare allowed for the tx of his father until he passed. He also said he wants to preserve Medicare as we all do; but, that if you take the stand of the Democrats and do nothing then Medicare will not be around - but to understand that, you have to understand basic math.
It is typical those that would oppose what he said are so shallow that you get all excited because he had to take a drink of water during the middle of his speech - wow, what a crime! The substance of his speech, creating a vision of economic opportunity and the fact that it was the people that made this country work, not the government, was what was important. The venue of the response is difficult. I once watched Pelosi and Reid try it and it was bad so I wouldn't count him out because he took a drink of water. Face it - none of the folks posting would have ever voted for Rubio anyway so what would you expect.
Guess, I heard wrong....but....he did say before that his parents depended on SS and Medicare,...and.....he received government aid to go to college. Guess government is only big when it benefits someone else beside he and his family. His whole speech was to bash the President--that's not going to sit well, not after the president talked about bi-partisanship and working together to get things done.

Rubio's speech sounded like this to me, in a shorter version, that is: " Government is your enemy and that is why I get a generous salary, and amazing healthcare and pension benefits as a government employee.......blah, blah, blah, and everything is Obama's fault!"

Rubio is not ready for prime time if he cant speak for 10 minutes without water. What did he do, eat a bag of pretzels beforehand? SNL will be having a sketch about it....watch and see.

You wrote: "It is typical those that would oppose what he said are so shallow that you get all excited because he had to take a drink of water during the middle of his speech - wow, what a crime!" *********You mean like you republicans made a big production over Obama's using a TelePrompTer? When all the other presidents have also used them before, and Rubio was using one in his after the union speech?

I wouldn't act like you are more versed in math than I if I were you....not when you think trickle-down works and tax cuts create jobs.

“ DRIVE-BY POSTS 4 CONSERVATISM”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Sometime back, I started a poll asking "HOW WILL THE LIBS DESTROY RUBIO"? Now we know the tactic:

Say over & over & over, "Rubio is not PRESIDENTIAL MATERIAL!"

It's not difficult to read the libs & what they are gonna do, if you "know" them. Like my dad use to say, "you gotta know who you're dealin' with!"
GBA

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Rubio's speech was almost harder to watch than watching Sara Palin being interviewed by Katie Couric.

Anybody got some water?

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Liberal's love the trivial.

It sure is important how much water a speaker drinks, isn't it?
Well, talking about water keeps some people from talking about the failures of the demos. See how OBAMA won reelection?
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Guess, I heard wrong....but....he did say before that his parents depended on SS and Medicare,...and.....he received government aid to go to college. Guess government is only big when it benefits someone else beside he and his family. His whole speech was to bash the President--that's not going to sit well, not after the president talked about bi-partisanship and working together to get things done.
Rubio's speech sounded like this to me, in a shorter version, that is: " Government is your enemy and that is why I get a generous salary, and amazing healthcare and pension benefits as a government employee.......blah, blah, blah, and everything is Obama's fault!"
Rubio is not ready for prime time if he cant speak for 10 minutes without water. What did he do, eat a bag of pretzels beforehand? SNL will be having a sketch about it....watch and see.
You wrote: "It is typical those that would oppose what he said are so shallow that you get all excited because he had to take a drink of water during the middle of his speech - wow, what a crime!" *********You mean like you republicans made a big production over Obama's using a TelePrompTer? When all the other presidents have also used them before, and Rubio was using one in his after the union speech?
I wouldn't act like you are more versed in math than I if I were you....not when you think trickle-down works and tax cuts create jobs.
If you cash in a few of your Obama checks, you could go to one of the hearing centers and solve your problem. I think only your left ear is working.
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

GBA wrote:
Rubio's speech was almost harder to watch than watching Sara Palin being interviewed by Katie Couric.
Anybody got some water?
Oh how brilliant, I will have to change my name.
The Oracle

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Rubio is a joke. The GOP may hitch their wagon to this guy but he is not viable.

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Currently, The most popular up coming figure in the Republican Party is the Junior US Senator, Marco Rubio. He is well spoken, & of Cuban-American descent. To allow him to become the Republican Nominee in 2016, would be an enormous threat to the progee/demo/liberal base because of his ancestory.. Consequently, the demos have to destroy him politically. Past history dictates that the demos have always been exceptionally successful at destroying opponents, by lying about them, slamming their character, & other Machiavellian tactics. Which one or which ones will they employ this time? Maybe they have a "new one" that they have not used b4.. I never dreamed they'd use "drinking water on stage." I have to hand it to them. The libs have once "agaane"
added a new dimension to destryoying an opponent.

Haines City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes - he did say that his parents depended on SSi and Medicare and that he wanted to preserve it. Your still not getting the message - unless it is changed it cannot be preserved. The math just doesn't add up. You seem to think we an just go along whistling a happy tune and all will be well.

Of course it would sound like that to you. Your liberal. You seem to see government as the savior of all. From the liberal perspective, when something goes wrong, turn to the government. What he said is that big government, the kind this President has in mind, has never worked well, does not work well and will not work well. It hinders the private sector more than helps and it currently is mounting a debt so large to be left to future generations.

I don't claim to be well versed in math but you, as a liberal, are walking around like 16-17 Trillion and rising are no big deal - but I guess you can't be blamed, your just blindly following the President rhetoric. Funny, he's all worked up about global warming and how it will affect future generations and willing to hit middle class Americans right in the pocket with higher energy rates but seems to care little about leaving a mountain of debt to those same generations.

I've seen Rubio speak on numerous occasions. Before a cheering crowd at the convention he spoke well. In the well of the Senate he spoke well. He spoke well in his campaign against Crist, who everyone thought was a shoe in. I realize it is now the prime goal of all liberals to try and belittle and destroy him with picky little inuendos, belittlement and trying to marginalize him. Some years back, there was a rookie Senator from Illinois with no distinguishing record who rose to be President, even defeating the Clinton machine. He basically went unvetted. PS - the problem with the teleprompter wasn't that he used it - it was that he used it for everything, including a small school speech. Rubio has had one sub par outing and the left is beginning in its campaign to destroy him. Somehow I think he will survive. If the left goes to hard after him they could alienate the Latino community. As opposed to the left, he sees and knows them as people - the left only sees them as votes which can be bought.

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

The Oracle wrote:
Rubio is a joke. The GOP may hitch their wagon to this guy but he is not viable.
How many elections have you won?
GBA

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I think Rubio's weaknesses really showed last night. If he is the savior of the Republican party we are doomed.

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

GBA wrote:
I think Rubio's weaknesses really showed last night. If he is the savior of the Republican party we are doomed.
That's the way to play it. Repeat it over & over & you will have most convinced.
GBA

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

thud333 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes - he did say that his parents depended on SSi and Medicare and that he wanted to preserve it. Your still not getting the message - unless it is changed it cannot be preserved. The math just doesn't add up. You seem to think we an just go along whistling a happy tune and all will be well.
Of course it would sound like that to you. Your liberal. You seem to see government as the savior of all. From the liberal perspective, when something goes wrong, turn to the government. What he said is that big government, the kind this President has in mind, has never worked well, does not work well and will not work well. It hinders the private sector more than helps and it currently is mounting a debt so large to be left to future generations.
I don't claim to be well versed in math but you, as a liberal, are walking around like 16-17 Trillion and rising are no big deal - but I guess you can't be blamed, your just blindly following the President rhetoric. Funny, he's all worked up about global warming and how it will affect future generations and willing to hit middle class Americans right in the pocket with higher energy rates but seems to care little about leaving a mountain of debt to those same generations.
I've seen Rubio speak on numerous occasions. Before a cheering crowd at the convention he spoke well. In the well of the Senate he spoke well. He spoke well in his campaign against Crist, who everyone thought was a shoe in. I realize it is now the prime goal of all liberals to try and belittle and destroy him with picky little inuendos, belittlement and trying to marginalize him. Some years back, there was a rookie Senator from Illinois with no distinguishing record who rose to be President, even defeating the Clinton machine. He basically went unvetted. PS - the problem with the teleprompter wasn't that he used it - it was that he used it for everything, including a small school speech. Rubio has had one sub par outing and the left is beginning in its campaign to destroy him. Somehow I think he will survive. If the left goes to hard after him they could alienate the Latino community. As opposed to the left, he sees and knows them as people - the left only sees them as votes which can be bought.
So you think last night was sub par?
GBA

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the way to play it. Repeat it over & over & you will have most convinced.
You got any water?

Rubio was almost as bad as that 102 yr old women from north Miami. The lady Obama talked about.

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
You got any water?
Rubio was almost as bad as that 102 yr old women from north Miami. The lady Obama talked about.
Currently, The most popular up coming figure in the Republican Party is the Junior US Senator, Marco Rubio. He is well spoken, & of Cuban-American descent. To allow him to become the Republican Nominee in 2016, would be an enormous threat to the progee/demo/liberal base because of his ancestory.. Consequently, the demos have to destroy him politically. Past history dictates that the demos have always been exceptionally successful at destroying opponents, by lying about them, slamming their character, & other Machiavellian tactics. Which one or which ones will they employ this time? Maybe they have a "new one" that they have not used b4.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 14 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,462
There is no reason whatsoever to post here! 18 min GBA-freedom 82
Little Chiefs 56 min RunOn2 18
So You Think Jefferson Agrees With Donkeys? 1 hr leave bellefontaine 8
Football predictions 3 hr Jimmy the Greek 2
Do Homosexuals Prove That The Scriptures are True? 8 hr magictrix 65
The Tea Party...Friend or Foe 9 hr DON W SOUTH 101
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) 9 hr Fhf 319
Do You Believe there are Absolute Moral Law's? 11 hr USN Atheist 31
•••
•••
Bellefontaine Dating

more search filters