My Chattan Loch esperience
Steve Corry

Mason, OH

#125 Mar 5, 2012
LoCo wrote:
...but Bellefontaine should be very fortunate to have Chattan Loch, 600, & soon to be diner in downtown! Finally nice to see cars downtown on the weekends.
Curious as to why you think Blf is so fortunate to have a diner downtown when the restaurant which just left that building was the best and most unique the town ever had?
LoCo

Potosi, MO

#126 Mar 5, 2012
In my opinion the diner fits bellefontaine more than Japanese cuisine. I was disappointed when Dons/crabills closed. I used to go there before school and at lunch for some good home cooking at a good price. I don't have anything bad to say about Tokyo grill, I hate to see any business have to close!
Steve Corry

Mason, OH

#127 Mar 5, 2012
LoCo wrote:
In my opinion the diner fits bellefontaine more than Japanese cuisine. I was disappointed when Dons/crabills closed. I used to go there before school and at lunch for some good home cooking at a good price. I don't have anything bad to say about Tokyo grill, I hate to see any business have to close!
That's good to hear. I do wonder if you ever tried Tokyo Grill as I'm afraid many people did not. They had a very sizable and loyal clientele though as the last few weeks showed with a packed restaurant almost every night. Unfortunately, Blf will probably never see another restaurant of that caliber no matter what the type of food. On the other hand, it's good to know the Tokyo Grill owners closed due to their family situation changing rather than lack of business. For those of us who loved Tokyo Grill it will be sorely missed.
I would have

Bedford, OH

#128 Mar 5, 2012
I would have liked to try the Tokoyo Grill but it was closed everytime we wanted to go there.

Since: Jul 11

Bellefontaine, OH

#129 Mar 22, 2012
George Soreass wrote:
<quoted text>
Move On
This shows me your intelligence level is all you can come up with is Move On!

Since: Jul 11

Bellefontaine, OH

#130 Mar 22, 2012
LoCo wrote:
I ate at the Loch this past weekend for the first time and was very impressed with the atmosphere, service (they were not very busy), and the food was excellent and priced fairly. I only ate a sandwich an chips with a beer! The steak etc looked a little pricey but with the price of beef through the roof they have to charge enough! No I'm not an employee but Bellefontaine should be very fortunate to have Chattan Loch, 600, & soon to be diner in downtown! Finally nice to see cars downtown on the weekends.
I do somewhat agree with you! Although this won't last either due to poor management decisions or Bellefontaine's karma!
I do wish Six Hundred all the luck,but as far as Chattan can go lousy service!
animal control

Sidney, OH

#131 Mar 22, 2012
J lo

Versailles, OH

#132 Mar 27, 2012
Went there recently again last week.
They are struggling, and it shows.
I know the intent was good, but the service/prices and atmosphere is lacking...especially when you are one of just handful that is always there.
Food served was below average taste wise and not served hot even though there were few there.
Nice Legs

Marysville, OH

#133 Apr 7, 2012
I am very sorry this establishment isn't making the grade. We tried it again on Thursday night. Not great service, very average food, overpriced. Sorry, won't be going back. It does really seem to be struggling. We'll be heading back to Marysville when we want to eat out.
Chef 42

Bellefontaine, OH

#134 May 3, 2012
J lo wrote:
Went there recently again last week.
They are struggling, and it shows.
I know the intent was good, but the service/prices and atmosphere is lacking...especially when you are one of just handful that is always there.
Food served was below average taste wise and not served hot even though there were few there.
They are struggling. Wont be long and they will close for lunch altogether. How can the servers sell the menu if they know nothing about the food. The front of house manager is rude and there to just collect a pay check. Fine dining is not serving crap in a nice building! I know for sure alot of thier food is pre-packed even though they claim it's not. Dont think the owner knows what she is doing and it does show. They charge alot for thier food b/c they cant keep people comming in the door, got to pay bills some how. Truly sad. My guess- they will lock the doors by the end of the year.
insider

Bellefontaine, OH

#135 May 4, 2012
my guess is this place will close by end of this month or next.
Herbie

East Liberty, OH

#136 May 4, 2012
insider wrote:
my guess is this place will close by end of this month or next.
That is just great - we have our class reunion booked there is August.
Keep the C H A N G E

Mansfield, OH

#137 May 4, 2012
I get the feeling the people on Topix are not their target demographic .... just saying.
Chef 42

Bellefontaine, OH

#138 May 4, 2012
Keep the C H A N G E wrote:
I get the feeling the people on Topix are not their target demographic .... just saying.
Im sure you are right but in this economy you cant pick and choose who you want to serve. Money/profit is what pays the bills.
Tommy

Bellefontaine, OH

#139 May 4, 2012
I agree
insider

Bellefontaine, OH

#140 May 5, 2012
Herbie wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just great - we have our class reunion booked there is August.
it is still gonna happen.

“I'm not mean, you're a sissy”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#143 May 5, 2012
I'm headed there now.
SoS

Fredericktown, OH

#145 May 6, 2012
I think I know who this Chef 42 character is. Disgruntled ex-emloyee who can't hold a job cuz he can't control his temper.
Chef 42

Bellefontaine, OH

#147 May 8, 2012
SoS wrote:
I think I know who this Chef 42 character is. Disgruntled ex-emloyee who can't hold a job cuz he can't control his temper.
Sorry, Haven't worked in Bellefontaine for years. I do however know a few of thier employees that have worked there lately and 1 or 2 that still do. They all say the same thing. In fact the stories are so close they cant be lying.
Tom T

Bellefontaine, OH

#148 May 8, 2012
too funny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump UN Speech 10 hr Mein Trumpf 28
Horrorpunk band Grave Robber to perform @ Viney... (Aug '11) 11 hr Wretched Graverobber 25
Buddy Millee 16 hr Jason 5
OSU gitz whipped Baby! (Sep '11) Fri animal control 883
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) Thu bummed out 463
West Liberty Football Sep 21 Wite_Out 12
did the topix radical left wing posters destroy... Sep 20 caiaphas 99

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages