Heartland nurses
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
tigerbait

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Jul 25, 2011
What was the reason for 2 nurses at Heartland of Bellefontaine to be dismissed?

Word has been for a couple years that patients get poor care at that facility.
WoW

Bellefontaine, OH

#2 Jul 25, 2011
I would never send my loved one there ! I know a few people that work there and they don't take care of them selves let alone wanna take care of someone else:( The nurses there are lazy and very snobby also,not to mention the place smells absolutely horrible....Im curious myself as to who got dismissed
all I know

Bedford, OH

#3 Jul 25, 2011
I had a relative in there awhile back. They had one nurse's aide that was absolutely fantastic. She always went above and beyone her duty. I think her name was Terri. (not sure though) She was wonderful. The rehab was fantastic. Other than that, we weren't thrilled with the other nurses. Espeically the big one that handed out meds. She acted like everything was a bother for her.
Jenny

Zanesville, OH

#4 Jul 26, 2011
They cannot afford to get rid of nurses. Even with the census down, they need all the help they can get. It is a terrible place to work. Those "girls" are paid the least, with the heaviest work-load, and the least appreciated. You can't give good care when you are the only one on the hall with 16 - 18 patients.
Go and check it out

Bucyrus, OH

#5 Jul 26, 2011
You people just love tearing bellefontaine businesses down. Know wonder new business doesn't ever want to come to town, you people are really pathetic.
stna

Bellefontaine, OH

#6 Jul 26, 2011
Jenny wrote:
They cannot afford to get rid of nurses. Even with the census down, they need all the help they can get. It is a terrible place to work. Those "girls" are paid the least, with the heaviest work-load, and the least appreciated. You can't give good care when you are the only one on the hall with 16 - 18 patients.
Are you serious? 16-18 patients? That would be awesome!!! I've worked in places where you had 27 people a shift. Some people don't know how good they have it.
Run Forest Run

Big Prairie, OH

#7 Jul 26, 2011
With all those geezers messing their pants
how do you have time to not do so yourself?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#8 Jul 26, 2011
I think, like most places, there are staff members who do care, and do a great job. But there are also those who don't care, and try to get away with doing as little as possible.
Jenny

Zanesville, OH

#9 Jul 27, 2011
stna wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? 16-18 patients? That would be awesome!!! I've worked in places where you had 27 people a shift. Some people don't know how good they have it.
You are correct. Divide 8 hours by 27 patients and see how much time each one gets. It takes that long to get a patient out of bed and to the dining room, what about the rest of the day? Think about that. Get off your a$$, Molly. You need to help out here. Leave your cigarettes at home, no time for smoking.
lol

Zanesville, OH

#10 Jul 27, 2011
Jenny wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct. Divide 8 hours by 27 patients and see how much time each one gets. It takes that long to get a patient out of bed and to the dining room, what about the rest of the day? Think about that. Get off your a$$, Molly. You need to help out here. Leave your cigarettes at home, no time for smoking.
Ah..I don't think Molly has a job there anymore! ha! ha!

Since: Jul 11

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 27, 2011
Jenny wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct. Divide 8 hours by 27 patients and see how much time each one gets. It takes that long to get a patient out of bed and to the dining room, what about the rest of the day? Think about that. Get off your a$$, Molly. You need to help out here. Leave your cigarettes at home, no time for smoking.
I heard that Molly is no longer there due to not coming in when on call. Sad, I kinda liked her, can't really say that for the other nurse...she thought she was all that.

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 27, 2011
Also they do not have enough STNA's for the residents, but Heartland is all about $$$$, always has been. HR person is brainwashed by cooperate and can't/won't hire any help. The only time you see everyone (and I mean all employess) helping the residents is when State walks in the door. jmo
true

Bedford, OH

#13 Jul 27, 2011
If the actual everyday care there could be as good as the rehab, they would have a top notch facility. When a family member was there recooperating from an injury. they heard the nurses talking about a man that no one gave lunch or dinner the day before. They were trying to find out who was working and how that could have happened. Doesn't surprise me.

My family member wasn't allowed to get out of bed on their own, yet when they put the light on for help it was minutes and minutes before anyone would come.(Sometimes up to a half an hour._ That is uncalled for. There rehab department is the best around.
true

Bedford, OH

#14 Jul 27, 2011
Betty Boop II wrote:
Also they do not have enough STNA's for the residents, but Heartland is all about $$$$, always has been. HR person is brainwashed by cooperate and can't/won't hire any help. The only time you see everyone (and I mean all employess) helping the residents is when State walks in the door. jmo
I don't think it just your opinion. I think it is the absolute truth. I have seen it.
Btown resident

Bellefontaine, OH

#15 Jul 27, 2011
Yes True I def kno what u are talking about my grandmother was in there several times for rehab and was treated with the best nurses and respect. Then when she couldnt be alone in her apartment she decided to go to heartland of Bellefontaine even though us family members didnt wanna see that happen. So she goes in there in July of 10' and gets sick around about Nov/Dec. 10' has a heart attack and lays there for weeks on end until she gets worse because she also had Pneumonia on top of all this and thats what they kept blaming her not feeling well.Needless to say she passed away in April 11' and I feel alot of it was due to poor negligence on Heartlands behalf of nursing and Dr's.
JudgeNot

Mount Gilead, OH

#16 Jul 27, 2011
Each experience will be different, but the experience of our family was not pleasant either. My grandmother fell and broke her leg while at Heartland, and they gave her physical thereapy instead of an x-ray. She would press her call button, and no one would come, sometimes a half hour to an hour. Her room mate didn't like her, so they put my grandmother in a wheel chair and pushed into the activity room and left her all day. Heartland is not a place that you put you love.

United States

#17 Jul 27, 2011
JudgeNot wrote:
Each experience will be different, but the experience of our family was not pleasant either. My grandmother fell and broke her leg while at Heartland, and they gave her physical thereapy instead of an x-ray. She would press her call button, and no one would come, sometimes a half hour to an hour. Her room mate didn't like her, so they put my grandmother in a wheel chair and pushed into the activity room and left her all day. Heartland is not a place that you put you love.
I agree, my loved one would never be thee either. And to True...you are right, have been there, seen that, done that.
just me

Bedford, OH

#18 Jul 27, 2011
JudgeNot wrote:
One thing that I learned from my family members stay there is you have to ccnstantly check to make sure they are getting the care they are paying for. Check that they get their meals, check that they get a bath, check that they get their meds, and check that they are the correct meds.(that is a big one there) The reason they push the rehab is because of the money they receive. My family member would be sick throwing up and they still made them attend rehab. That is money they only get if they have detailed records that the rehap was performed, unlike the room and board that they get paid for whether they get the proper care or not.
Jenny

Zanesville, OH

#19 Jul 27, 2011
Betty Boop II wrote:
I know for a fact when State walks in, they call out the troops from upper management, office workers (that never touch a patient), house keeping, and food service people. It is such a farce.
Betty Boop II

Urbana, OH

#20 Aug 3, 2011
I heard that a resident coded there last week. He was a FULL Code and the nurses DID NOT start CPR. Can you believe this?? The solution to the problem? They inserviced all the nurses on what to do when a patient codes. They better be inservicing the staff on what to say in court when they are in front of the judges when the family files a lawsuit. Unbelievable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rush Limbaugh's contract is up, his benefactors... (Apr '16) 16 min CALM STILL VOICE 25
Life Lesson's! (Nov '16) 5 hr CALM STILL VOICE 410
are the bellefontaine topix libs recovering fro... (Nov '16) 16 hr caiaphas 35
Chris Gammell (Dec '14) 23 hr Warning 10
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! (Jan '17) 23 hr Hummingbird 4 Real 2,282
News Final pretrial for O'Donnells held Tuesday Wed Good Old Boyz 2
Transforming the homosexual, to fit into the Am... (Jan '13) Wed Touch of Disgrace... 864

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages