Way to go, Diane!!!!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Oct 20, 2012
Wonderful letter to the forum. Well written and informative. Hope everyone reads it and takes heed.
Bluto

Bellefontaine, OH

#2 Oct 20, 2012
oh shut up you babbling bag of bones!
Metro

Canton, OH

#3 Oct 20, 2012
Very good letter
leopard

Marengo, OH

#4 Oct 20, 2012
she stole it from heritage....lmao...plagerism
Times Up

Bellefontaine, OH

#5 Oct 20, 2012
Diane is a moron and lazy. Fits in well with our other city administrators.
hag

Marengo, OH

#7 Oct 20, 2012
This election is first and foremost about the economy. Based on this, I cannot vote for Barack Obama for the following reasons:

1. We are now over $16 trillion in debt. This is inexcusable and there is no sign that the president is willing to curb his spending. Obamacare will not only increase the deficit but will also increase taxes which will hit the middle class. Candidate Obama stated that if he couldn’t cut the deficit in half during his first term he would not deserve reelection. So be it.

2. Our true jobless rate is higher than the 7.8 percent that was recently released. There are millions of Americans out of work, under employed or who have given up on finding jobs. Our president has never held a private sector job and does not know how to encourage private sector jobs.

3. For the first time in our history, the credit rating of the United States has been degraded twice during this administration. We went from AAA to AA and now we are at AA-. If we cannot control our spending we could get downgraded again.

4. There has not been a federal budget during Obama’s presidency. The Democrats controlled the White House, Congress and the Senate during Obama’s first two years. If Obama could not get a budget passed then, he clearly does not deserve another term.

5. Family incomes have dropped eight percent since Obama took office. Healthcare costs have increased even though Obama promised if his Affordable Care Act passed, healthcare premiums would fall.

6. Gas prices have increased 100 percent.

7. Entitlements continue to increase — over 46 million people are now getting food stamps. Medicare recipients have increased significantly. We need jobs.

8. Obama has stifled our gas, coal and oil production. Rather than encouraging domestic production, Obama is sending money to other countries to help them develop their energy resources. This is not only bad business — we should be in competition with these countries — it continues our dependence on foreign energy supplies. We need the jobs these industries would provide.

9. Obama has shipped jobs and stimulus money to other countries. Obamas jobs czar, Jeffrey Immelt, shipped thousands of jobs to China even though his company GE received stimulus dollars. And who can forget Solyndra and all the green energy jobs that took stimulus money then either folded or moved to another country?

10. Obama is working for the unions, not the workers. Had GM filed bankruptcy and restructured, they could have saved jobs while we could have avoided the debt this caused our government. What happened to the GM stock the government purchased? It was given to the unions.

These reasons are all economic but there are more regarding foreign policy and “leading from behind,” tax codes,“Fast & Furious,” and our standing as a world leader.

Diane J. Hager

I like being on council and voting raises for my husband and sons.
Marx

Fredericktown, OH

#8 Oct 20, 2012
Grandpa Jones wrote:
Wonderful letter to the forum. Well written and informative. Hope everyone reads it and takes heed.
She ain't no Jerry Turner or Ned Buchenroth.
medicare

Loveland, OH

#9 Oct 20, 2012
While I am also not an Obama supporter I must point out that Medicare is coverage issued to individuals on social security retirement benefits or disability, these people paid into the system, it is not the same as food stamps or medicaid. As people continue to age, the medicare roles will increase no matter who is the president
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#10 Oct 21, 2012
leopard wrote:
she stole it from heritage....lmao...plagerism
She stated facts....plagerism??? this is not a college term paper.
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#11 Oct 21, 2012
hag wrote:
This election is first and foremost about the economy. Based on this, I cannot vote for Barack Obama for the following reasons:
1. We are now over $16 trillion in debt. This is inexcusable and there is no sign that the president is willing to curb his spending. Obamacare will not only increase the deficit but will also increase taxes which will hit the middle class. Candidate Obama stated that if he couldn’t cut the deficit in half during his first term he would not deserve reelection. So be it.
2. Our true jobless rate is higher than the 7.8 percent that was recently released. There are millions of Americans out of work, under employed or who have given up on finding jobs. Our president has never held a private sector job and does not know how to encourage private sector jobs.
3. For the first time in our history, the credit rating of the United States has been degraded twice during this administration. We went from AAA to AA and now we are at AA-. If we cannot control our spending we could get downgraded again.
4. There has not been a federal budget during Obama’s presidency. The Democrats controlled the White House, Congress and the Senate during Obama’s first two years. If Obama could not get a budget passed then, he clearly does not deserve another term.
5. Family incomes have dropped eight percent since Obama took office. Healthcare costs have increased even though Obama promised if his Affordable Care Act passed, healthcare premiums would fall.
7. Entitlements continue to increase — over 46 million people are now getting food stamps. Medicare recipients have increased significantly. We need jobs.
8. Obama has stifled our gas, coal and oil production. Rather than encouraging domestic production, Obama is sending money to other countries to help them develop their energy resources. This is not only bad business — we should be in competition with these countries — it continues our dependence on foreign energy supplies. We need the jobs these industries would provide.
9. Obama has shipped jobs and stimulus money to other countries. Obamas jobs czar, Jeffrey Immelt, shipped thousands of jobs to China even though his company GE received stimulus dollars. And who can forget Solyndra and all the green energy jobs that took stimulus money then either folded or moved to another country?
10. Obama is working for the unions, not the workers. Had GM filed bankruptcy and restructured, they could have saved jobs while we could have avoided the debt this caused our government. What happened to the GM stock the government purchased? It was given to the unions.
These reasons are all economic but there are more regarding foreign policy and “leading from behind,” tax codes,“Fast & Furious,” and our standing as a world leader.
Diane J. Hager
Why not? Sherrod Brown does it all of the time and doesn't work for it. All of the congressmen vote to increase their wages. Well, IF I were on city council I would vote to increase the policemen's salaries. They put their lives on the line every day and night, even if it is not their shift to work.
Romney/Ryan 2012!!!!

“ +IAN, AMERICAN, OHIOAN, BELLE”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#12 Oct 21, 2012
Times Up wrote:
Diane is a moron and lazy. Fits in well with our other city administrators.
She is not an "administrator." She is a "legislator."

Location hidden

#13 Oct 21, 2012
Marx wrote:
<quoted text>
She ain't no Jerry Turner or Ned Buchenroth.
Thank the LORD for that!

Location hidden

#14 Oct 21, 2012
hag wrote:
Diane J. Hager
The field is open. Perhaps you should run for council. However, you will find that it's a lot different from the outside looking in that it is from the inside looking out. The councilperson's letter was needed to set the record straight. The only thing that suprises me is that the EXAMINER printed it!
Who pays

Sidney, OH

#15 Oct 21, 2012
That's funny coming from someone who benefits from tax $$$, who pays her insurance? Entitlements? Ask her and Mr. Personality if they want SSI, they live pretty good off our taxes as it is. She's typical of the kind of dolt you find around here.
leave bellefontaine

Marysville, OH

#16 Oct 21, 2012
This coming from a "Legislator" who votes to raise her kids salarys that the tax payer provides, who railed against the Stimulis but had her hand out for the checks they were writing, but she's not the only one, i see one of the other councilmen got it approved to get new sidewalks, curbs and a new street put down in neighbor hood.. all small town politics must be corrupt...
leave bellefontaine

Marysville, OH

#17 Oct 21, 2012
"in his neighboor"

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#18 Oct 21, 2012
Here, let me help you out.....neighborhood.
Who pays

Sidney, OH

#19 Oct 21, 2012
One word: NEPOTISM.
Times Up

Bellefontaine, OH

#20 Oct 21, 2012
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>She is not an "administrator." She is a "legislator."
I'm glad to see that's the only thing you disagree with in my statement.
Who pays

Sidney, OH

#21 Oct 21, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
Here, let me help you out.....neighborhood.
Thanks for correcting everyone on here, if not 4 u we probably would never be able to interpret the other posters. How freaking OCD are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IS the DEMOCRAT PARTY in DANGER of EXTINCTION? 52 min Flip Flopper 94
Life Lesson's! 5 hr Donnie the Dork 117
Another Right Wing Nut (Nov '15) 6 hr Enforce FARA 11
Warren Buffett is a Liar 6 hr yidfellas v USA 18
School shooting at West Liberty 10 hr WTF 1
This Should Scare Everyone 11 hr GBA-freedom 19
Logan county courthouse Thu Goldfinger 10

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance