tri county cac weatherization

tri county cac weatherization

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

Logan County Resident

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 16, 2013
SO did anyone else know that CAC lost the weatherization department this week! That's right, the ODSA (State) office contacted the local agency and told them they had two choices, give up the weatherization funding or legal action was going to be taken! This has been coming for a long time and numerous ex employees have seen the CAC headed down this road. I for one am glad something has finally been done. The CAC has been running a crappy weatherization program for some time now. Not to the fault of the employees who worked in the filed, or in the office, but due to the upper management, mainly Executive Director! When is the Board memebers and local community going to see what has been going on for far to long and make the changes that need to be made! SO as of now, Logan county will be served by an outside agency, which means local people losing their jobs. Way to go CAC!
Flying Crow

Marengo, OH

#2 Jan 16, 2013
Are you hinting the local director may have been using inferior materials or workmanship to compromise the quality of the weaterization effort?
Happy reseaver of help

East Liberty, OH

#3 Jan 17, 2013
I am sorry to see this happen. We recently had some weatherization done on our home and were very pleased with the work that was completed and most importantly with the workers that did the job. They were very friendly and professional. We couldn't be more thankful for the service they provided as we would not have been able to afford to do all that they accomplished by ourselves. The testing they did also proved to be a valuable asset.
Seen_it_coming

Columbus, OH

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Again the workmanship or materials used on jobs were not always the concern. The leadership of upper management and the way the financial side was handled was the issues. An agency has to be at fault for mismangement of funds, for the state to pull the program from the local agency. Continuous vendors and utility companies shutting of acccounts was a never ending battle. The money was always available from the State to pay the bills, but not when it came to CAC. Money was always used for other programs to stay a float! Whats next? The transportation program, the HEAP program? These programs are invaluable to the local communities, and CAC is pissing them away!
SadNonReceiverof help

Sunbury, OH

#5 Jan 17, 2013
Happy reseaver of help wrote:
I am sorry to see this happen. We recently had some weatherization done on our home and were very pleased with the work that was completed and most importantly with the workers that did the job. They were very friendly and professional. We couldn't be more thankful for the service they provided as we would not have been able to afford to do all that they accomplished by ourselves. The testing they did also proved to be a valuable asset.
I would love to have some free work done on my home also, but sadly I don't qualify. But believe it or not, I CAN'T AFFORD IT EITHER! You see I have to pay for my families needs myself. As it should be.
Hope you enjoy your free stuff that I helped pay for.
prev page

Marysville, OH

#6 Jan 17, 2013
The State will not touch HEAP, if CAC loses it, anothe agency will be found to take care of it.
Happy reseaver of help

East Liberty, OH

#7 Jan 22, 2013
I work 40 hours a week and support my family, pay my taxes etc. but my check just covers the bills - not any major repairs that may occur, no vacations or eating out. I feel that I helped to "pay" for the help I got through all my years of working. I didn't qualify either until this year due to my husband becoming very ill and not being able to work. So - shove your inconsiderate comments and quit harping on those that work hard and are battling problems.
prev page

Marysville, OH

#8 Jan 22, 2013
"reseaver"
snook

United States

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Cac was a great progam at one time,then Densie came and it all went to hell in a hand basket.She has the commissoner fooled,that all I can say.
Past employee

Bellefontaine, OH

#10 Aug 8, 2013
snook wrote:
Cac was a great progam at one time,then Densie came and it all went to hell in a hand basket.She has the commissoner fooled,that all I can say.
You are absolutely correct.... Denise is the culprit here...and yes I know this to be a FACT!!!
They must not have checked her background,cause years ago she was fired from another(area)for embezzlement.
local agency

Columbus, OH

#11 Nov 6, 2013
The Heap was taking away from Tri County also. It will be handle by a different Community Action!
concerned

Lima, OH

#12 Nov 6, 2013
Not just Denise.... a longtime employee as well that headed up weatherization is crooked.Hopefully an investigation will clear the air here. All of Logan County needs to accept Christ, too many non followers in county positions affects us all.
I Heard

Bellefontaine, OH

#13 Nov 7, 2013
local agency wrote:
The Heap was taking away from Tri County also. It will be handle by a different Community Action!
HEAP was taken away and it has gone to another Community Action. This is the same CA that the Weatherization program was given to. The Executive Director does not know how to manage money and uses money from other programs to pay bills for things that it shouldn't be paying. Many people know this. However she is a good talker, so the board and many of the funding sources believe the stories that she tells, as well as the lies that she tells the employees of CAC. I do think that the employees are finally catching on and not believing her promises and lies. Too bad for the community, but it has been a long time coming in my opinion.
Former Employee

Florence, AL

#14 Apr 3, 2014
I agree Denise did a lot of shady things, just look at the Bingo program they had. The State shut it down because money was not being reported from it.

I worked there, caught on to her and another. 4 of us Directors were let go, because we knew too much and reported it the Attorney General.
really

Columbus, OH

#15 Apr 5, 2014
The stories Mr. Evans is reporting seems to leave out some major facts. Checks ledgered and never sent out. Huge red flag.Where did that money for those bills go?
Tons of local vendors owed money. Bad checks wrote on a weekly basis.All while Mrs. Birt was driving around in a new suv. Staff would visit a doctor thinking they had insurance only to later find out the premium wasnt paid and they had no benefits, this happened more than once. This left already low income under paid staff working for min. Wage to pay for expensive medical bills. The story in
the paper says they werent awarded their grant funds over 20 dollars, is a bunch of lies fabricated by Birt and
her board believed her.
I HOPE the boards bond insurance is paid. For those of you who dont know they are just as responsible and when the inspector general comes in and finds the fraudulent
mis use use of funds they all better have good lawyers.
There is lots more to this story to come out.
They owe vendors over 300thousand..keep in mind all that money doesnt include the amount of money they owe in mortgages or the money they owe back to the state of past audit findings which left them with the loss of their biggest programs heap and weatherization. Luckily those programs are being ran properly by a neighboring Community Action. Hope they get to come in start programs that fit the needs of the communities. Lots of money avaliable for good programs. To bad Birt didnt do that while she was in charge of your tax dollars. Funny that her new home at ORW is in the same town of the community action that took over for her failures. At least its not too far away for her sheriff husband to visit her.

Since: Feb 11

Bellefontaine, OH

#16 Apr 6, 2014
A lot of innocent people who were getting services from Tri County and a lot of former employees have been hurt. Denise is the guilty one but so is her Board, the State, ODOT and any other agency that people contacted and tried to tell them the truth. They all buried their heads in the sand and ignored the problems. People were labeled disgruntled
ex employees. The Board kept leasing her a car and giving her unlimited access to the credit cards. Many times the TLC drivers
could not get gas because the bill was not paid. But Denise had gas
and a car take hubby on hiking trips down south. She also put him on
the payroll to stand around and do nothing. She left Cochoctan County
deeply in debt before she came here. It's time for the people who helped her deceive everyone to come forward with the information
that law enforcement needs to charge her with something. Hiding from
the truth will not help anyone or help you sleep at nights-only truth and
justice will.
in the know

Mansfield, OH

#17 Apr 12, 2014
she will be on trial soon. a lot of money unaccounted for. she is a thief

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So who's the idiot? 40 min GBA- aka John Marsh 8
Life Lesson's! 44 min CALM STILL VOICE 129
This Should Scare Everyone 48 min GBA- aka John Marsh 41
School shooting at West Liberty 1 hr Inside info 3
Logan county courthouse 4 hr Goldfinger 12
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! 16 hr Flip Flopper 17
WPKO not covering Federal Investigation of Tri ... (Nov '14) 23 hr mammaha mia 47

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages