Bellefontaine Athletics corrupted by ...
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
JImmy

Cortland, OH

#82 Mar 3, 2012
sounds like dissapointment is going to be a big part these kids lives. Just because they are seniors means nothing ! to the mom who started this post tell your kid to join the band because whoever this coach is wants to win and he wouldnt cut someone who would help him win. Your child would sit at the end of the bench and get picked on by all the other players. Let me guess your mad at the school because he gets picked on ? and they dont have a "bullying policy"...
better luck next year... oh wait there is no next year life just started a little early for this chump
Btown mama

Columbus, OH

#83 Mar 3, 2012
I am amazed by the ignorance of some of these posts. For all "outsiders" who have never been a head coach you have no idea what being a head coach entails or the dedication involved. So to sit at home and criticize is absurd. Coaches spend countless hours at practice,weights, taking care of the field, dealing with parents, checking on players grades, setting up study tables, doing stats, making phone calls, doing fund raisers, etc. And these are the hours spent away from their own families trying to create a winning baseball team and assisting players to better themselves. Each coach gets a one year contract. If you don't like or disagree with the current coach's philosophy then apply for the job yourself. But just remember you will be the next to get ridiculed on Topix. Because some of you always think you can do a better job.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#84 Mar 3, 2012
wondering y wrote:
<quoted text>
Of coarse academics are important, I never said they wern't. Frankly your the idiot.
Dear Lord!
Academics were certainly wasted on you.
What position did you play - Wide Receiver?
Here, let me help you a bit....

"Of course academics are important. I never said they weren't. Frankly, you're the idiot."

Now who is the IDIOT?

People would take you more seriously if you could use proper GRAMMAR!

Wow. Go back to WalMart and run the trash compactor. With you in it.
1Chieftain

Cincinnati, OH

#85 Mar 3, 2012
Athletics have a way of going in cycles in most high schools. Bellefontaine sports will be back soon.
Jenny

Bellefontaine, OH

#86 Mar 3, 2012
Many many years ago, I was visiting my 4 year old friend in Georgia. The t.v. show with Dallas was on Friday nights. I asked my little friend if we were going to watch Dallas and she replied in her southern drawl "Ah don't lock spo-ohts". Waal, Ah don't eitha
WLS

Germantown, OH

#87 Mar 3, 2012
Aren't those volunteer workouts? Hmm.. report Caudill to OHSAA that's illegal
David Niswonger wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to hide behind a fake name, I am David Niswonger and I am not afraid to say that. Although, I thought it best to keep our children out of this. Your son is a good ball player and a very nice kid. I never said that. I also never said your name, your sons name, or anything about the superintendent. That was all you, which in my mind is kind of suspicious. Plus, I was not really even talking about your son or my son,(Actually, your son is a lot more deserving then some other kids on the team) I am speaking for everyone that has been mistreated in Bellefontaine Athletics. I have talked to multiple people that agree with me, but they are unable to speak their opinion in fear that their children will also be cut or punished. My son got cut from the team this year because he failed to attend some of the winter workouts (not all), But yes this is because he has a job, and works to help support our family and himself, because I am only a single father trying to raise two kids. Plus, my son was so sick and tired of getting treated poorly that he pretty much quit caring. He has been playing since t-ball. Has been named MVP of multiple teams, has played every club team, travel team, and local team he possibly could. People I have never even met see my last name and ask if I am the father of the David Niswonger that they see in the papers for baseball constantly. He worked his ass off for years and years, and then NEVER made varsity for BHS? Look at the stats and explain to me why this is? I am trying my hardest as a parent, it is just killing me to see my son work so hard for something, and then watching him get it all taken away from him.
sick of it

Cincinnati, OH

#89 Mar 4, 2012
WLS wrote:
<quoted text>
\
EVERYBODY knows that "volunteer workouts" for baseball, football, etc. is not really volunteer. If you don't show up, you won't get the playing time everyone else does. That's just the way it is. Each sport is now a year-round sport.
David

Bellefontaine, OH

#90 Mar 4, 2012
HardinSux wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Lord!
Academics were certainly wasted on you.
What position did you play - Wide Receiver?
Here, let me help you a bit....
"Of course academics are important. I never said they weren't. Frankly, you're the idiot."
Now who is the IDIOT?
People would take you more seriously if you could use proper GRAMMAR!
Wow. Go back to WalMart and run the trash compactor. With you in it.
Sorry I do not do paperwork for a living. I studied shop at BHS and electronics at JVS (proud of it), and attended "Larry Niswonger's school of electronics", what a loving father, man, and teacher I learned from. I have built and rebuilt some of the most amazing looking and sounding automatic musical instruments in the world and I modify them to play digital information other wise known as midi. I am sure YOU could not help me do anything, although my son does often when he helps me wire the electronics and build the wooden organ pipes. Go put yourself in a trash compactor because that is the only machine you could ever run. That is what is so wrong with the country, people that sit on their ass and type on a computer get paid and respected more than people that work their ass off and have special skills and trades. I am proud of what I do and so are my children. I will continue to teach them what hard work really is. Grammer is for their so called “teacher” to teach them. I did not play sports in high school, I started working on band organs when I was 14. My son was cut for working hard and missing some of the winter workouts because he had a job. The coach even said to him "Are you going to work or play ball!" (This was said during acme which he was supposed to have NOTHING to do with) all because he saw my son leaving a couple minutes early from a practice. Shame on that so called coach. Shouldn't he be a teacher first and a coach second?He taught my son that you shouldn't work for a living to support your family and that when you do work hard for what you want, it does not amount to anything. Oh what a great lesson he has learned?!!
iloveoratingler

Cincinnati, OH

#91 Mar 4, 2012
Bellefontaine is going to win the stanley cup this year!
David

Bellefontaine, OH

#93 Mar 4, 2012
WLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#94 Mar 4, 2012
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I do not do paperwork for a living. I studied shop at BHS and electronics at JVS (proud of it), and attended "Larry Niswonger's school of electronics", what a loving father, man, and teacher I learned from. I have built and rebuilt some of the most amazing looking and sounding automatic musical instruments in the world and I modify them to play digital information other wise known as midi. I am sure YOU could not help me do anything, although my son does often when he helps me wire the electronics and build the wooden organ pipes. Go put yourself in a trash compactor because that is the only machine you could ever run. That is what is so wrong with the country, people that sit on their ass and type on a computer get paid and respected more than people that work their ass off and have special skills and trades. I am proud of what I do and so are my children. I will continue to teach them what hard work really is. Grammer is for their so called “teacher” to teach them. I did not play sports in high school, I started working on band organs when I was 14. My son was cut for working hard and missing some of the winter workouts because he had a job. The coach even said to him "Are you going to work or play ball!" (This was said during acme which he was supposed to have NOTHING to do with) all because he saw my son leaving a couple minutes early from a practice. Shame on that so called coach. Shouldn't he be a teacher first and a coach second?He taught my son that you shouldn't work for a living to support your family and that when you do work hard for what you want, it does not amount to anything. Oh what a great lesson he has learned?!!
My apologies then. Sounds to me like you're doing a great job at being a parent, mentor and certainly doing better than most folks.
Could I help with the electronics? I bet I could. I worked with and around them for many years. I actually know difference between a resistor and capacitor. Most folks in this town don't even know those what those names refer to.

Actually, I'm rather proud of you. Keep up the good work.
I sincerely mean that.
Troy Tulowitzki876

Columbus, OH

#95 Mar 5, 2012
We want Brunswick back wrote:
Put your reading glasses on sweetheart! Those are Brunswick's kids with that record not Caudill's! And by your own statement, shouldn't building a "program" include building your team up...not tearing them down!?! And that my dear, has nothing to do with cutting kids for whatever reason! And once again...LIKE I SAID...family SHOULD come first but not JUST for the coach that keeps popping out kids! You just really have no clue what you are talking about at this point. "God forbid though that a coach expect a player to be dedicated and that if they sign up for something they see it through to the end." This whole forum was started based on a player giving their all for this program, DEDICATED from a very young age to the sport, FOLLOWING through with demands set upon them to the best of their ability and for what? To be told that his hard work and determination was for nothing? GREAT EXAMPLE! Glad to know that this is who you look forward to your own children dealing with! Props to you! So, when you experience first hand, this idiot of a coach, I hope my words haunt you! "I told ya so!"
And since you seem to be so informed on Caudill, then you are very aware of the fact that several player's didn't, and won't ever, go out for the team again JUST BECAUSE he is the coach. So how good is he really for this program?
I am a follower of btown baseball and Do you realize that there are two players on the team this year that played for coach brunswick? Im not gonna mention names because its not fair to the kids but the catcher(who played left field for brunswick) and the center fielder. From what I recall the rest of the players were on J.V. hmmm and caudill was the JV coach brunswicks last year. Your statement of those are brunswicks players is false. they played in his program but caudill had more hands on work wtih them the brunswick especially when he could even stick around long enough to coach his varsity. I cant believe you would allow your kids or anyone elses to play for someone who put their hands on a kids neck and choked him over baseball. His last year missed over three quarters of the season which is about 15 games I would say. And he tried to coach his daughters basketball team and couldnt do that because of his illness. I dont know caudill well but he took the youngest team in the CBC with two returning starters to sectional finals and finished second in the cbc with 17-8 record. Sounds like a great first year.
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#96 Mar 5, 2012
people wonder why you sports teams will never be state championship quality..you are judging a coach after one season in which he did a great job...give the man a chance
Seriously

United States

#97 Mar 6, 2012
I have been around for 12 years, Brunswick has cut players, trust me on that one. the boys that were cut from this years teams, would not have played for Brunswick. Brunswick was a great coach. He kept 10 kids, maybe 11. 9 played everyday. The others came off the bench to pinch run. And it's not about Caudill or Brunswick. Brunswick quit!!! Quit in the middle of the season! Win or lose, that is just wrong. Loved him as a coach, but that is not right!
Joke

Marysville, OH

#98 Mar 7, 2012
Yes it's certainly all about who you know and what your last name is in this town. My child works their tail off and gets no respect from anyone except for the parents on the sideline that ask why my child isn't on varsity. The only explanation is that my child doesn't have a name that's known around this town and we don't work to kiss the coach and AD's rumps. BHS sports are a joke. The kids with talent stay on JV their entire HS career because the coaches have to give the varsity spots to the kids who's parents support the boosters. Some and I'd say a LOT of families right now are doing good to keep their homes and bills paid so they don't have the money to give to the boosters. So unless you buy your child a spot on varsity they certainly can't earn one unless it was their birthright with whatever last name they were lucky to get.
Katie

Butler, OH

#99 Mar 7, 2012
Favoritism always plays a roll in high school sports. I don't care who the coach is. It's human nature, plain and simple.
Katie

Butler, OH

#100 Mar 7, 2012
Alright Mr. Whoever disagreed with my comment. Take off the rose colored glasses. Let's say you are a coach. You have two kids with equal skill and talent but one of them, in your own personal opinion, just happens to be an asshole, or a bully, or has different religious beliefs than you. Which one are you going to start? How about if their parents are close friends of yours, or even if it's your own kid? Come on. I'm not saying it's right, but it happens. In every school, in every town, in every state in the country.
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#101 Mar 7, 2012
David thats when your son needs to take the responsibility to communicate with his coach and let him know his work schedule and find some way to make some of the workouts. Im pretty sure there is morning workouts before school starts that he could have attended. I totally understand that if he needed to work to help out family. That is a very respectful and responsible thing to do but im sure there were certain days he didnt work on weekends or after school. Does he play summer ball? if so hows come work didnt affect him showing up to games and practices during summer? And personally if a kid decides to devote a lot of his time to working and another kid developes better skills while your son is working. It wouldnt be right to not pick the kid who has better skills and has dedicated all of his time to getting better. As a coach, if you pick a kid who isnt as talented or dedicated it shows the other kids on the team that there work they put in isnt valued. It gives a since of entitlement which results in players becoming complacent.At the end of the day The Best player play with no strings attached.
Katie

Butler, OH

#102 Mar 7, 2012
Troy Tulowitzki876 wrote:
David thats when your son needs to take the responsibility to communicate with his coach and let him know his work schedule and find some way to make some of the workouts. Im pretty sure there is morning workouts before school starts that he could have attended. I totally understand that if he needed to work to help out family. That is a very respectful and responsible thing to do but im sure there were certain days he didnt work on weekends or after school. Does he play summer ball? if so hows come work didnt affect him showing up to games and practices during summer? And personally if a kid decides to devote a lot of his time to working and another kid developes better skills while your son is working. It wouldnt be right to not pick the kid who has better skills and has dedicated all of his time to getting better. As a coach, if you pick a kid who isnt as talented or dedicated it shows the other kids on the team that there work they put in isnt valued. It gives a since of entitlement which results in players becoming complacent.At the end of the day The Best player play with no strings attached.
Troy,

Some good thoughts. Are you a teacher or coach? Sorry if I didn't catch that earlier in the thread. Just curious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Things Hillary 8 min Leave Bellefontaine 40
Is It The Fourth? 17 min Ironbutterfly 3
Why? 18 min CALM STILL VOICE 44
A Hot Summer Topic! 22 min Ironbutterfly 2
Democratic leadership at its finest. 24 min Leave Bellefontaine 38
EXAMPLE of A BELLEFONYAINE'S TOPIX LIBERAL PROG... 1 hr Insider 12
GBA's July Fourth Gift For You 1 hr Ironbutterfly 16
Right-Wing “Patriot” Sought For Plotting To Ass... 2 hr leave bellefontaine 37
More from around the web

Bellefontaine People Search