Bellefontaine Athletics corrupted by favoritism?

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of99
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wondering y

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

Is it just me, or do other people feel that the sports programs at Bellefontaine favors kids who have family inside the system. I realize some kids are better than others at sports, but it seems that certain players are picked by the administration over other more qualified players.
Thats AWESOME

Marengo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

It's just you.
soccer_mom

De Graff, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

I agree. It's not just Bellefontaine though. My kids aren't over looked, but I do agree. I hate to say it, but if you want your kid to play a sport...You almost have to find a club or travel team that recognizes talent and not your last name!
Lake rat

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

Who would want to play for bellefontaine...snobs
Bellef person

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

wondering y wrote:
Is it just me, or do other people feel that the sports programs at Bellefontaine favors kids who have family inside the system. I realize some kids are better than others at sports, but it seems that certain players are picked by the administration over other more qualified players.

Or they get picked because their family has money...
gravy

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

you're all a bunch of idiots. worry more about their academics than the sports. 3 years after high school they won't remember your name, the big game, how many points you scored or anything. is this a problem for you or your kids? ask yourself that question.
wondering y

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

gravy wrote:
you're all a bunch of idiots. worry more about their academics than the sports. 3 years after high school they won't remember your name, the big game, how many points you scored or anything. is this a problem for you or your kids? ask yourself that question.
If your child's hobby is a sport, if that is what they live to do, are you going to be the one to stand by and tell them that sports don't matter? Anb that everything they have worked for their whole live won't matter three years from now? Sorry, but I will not stand by while my child gets treated poorly because his last name is not up to par with the school system. Of coarse academics are important, I never said they wern't. Frankly your the idiot.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

wondering y wrote:
<quoted text>
Of coarse academics are important, I never said they wern't. Frankly your the idiot.
LOL
time

Urbana, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

wondering y wrote:
<quoted text>
If your child's hobby is a sport, if that is what they live to do, are you going to be the one to stand by and tell them that sports don't matter? Anb that everything they have worked for their whole live won't matter three years from now? Sorry, but I will not stand by while my child gets treated poorly because his last name is not up to par with the school system. Of coarse academics are important, I never said they wern't. Frankly your the idiot.
If you have a child that "lives" to play sports, then you obviously have a shallow child. It sounds like you are speaking about a child who is old enough to begin learning valuable life lessons, start teaching.
wondering y

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

time wrote:
<quoted text> If you have a child that "lives" to play sports, then you obviously have a shallow child. It sounds like you are speaking about a child who is old enough to begin learning valuable life lessons, start teaching.
Sorry, I meant loves to play sports. My child is anything but shallow. You, though seem to be a very shallow, selfish parent. I picture your children as being very un happy. I have had many compliments on how I have parented my children and I did it alone. My children know all valuable life lessons, including the one in which we do not stand by and let people treat us badly for no reason. You need to learn a lesson or two. Like how there is more to life than books, and maybe about how you need to learn to do something with your hands instead of punching keys on a keyboard. My family works for everything they are handed. Why would it matter if they play sports or not?
WL Uncle

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

wondering y wrote:
<quoted text>
Of coarse academics are important, I never said they wern't. Frankly your the idiot.
Guess it wasn't that important to you..."wern't" and "your" instead of you're.
sick of it

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

Unless you're blind, it's pretty easy to see. For the people who are on the "inside", they turn a blind eye to it, but they see it too. It's kind of sickening to watch how only administration's kids or people with $$ get to play.
Miami

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

WL Uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed coarse. It should be course. All folks make mistakes just as you did in pointing out this person's improper grammar. Grammar mistakes do not change the gist of the arguement.
wondering y

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

WL Uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize but I don't have time to sit here and spell check my response. I have kids to raise. Unlike you people who have nothing better to do than get into arguments you have nothing to do with. If you don't have anything to say about Bellefontaine athletics, why are you in this forum? What a great parent you must be, sitting on your ass at a computer all day.
Dont Read It

Bellville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

Yes, there is extreme favoritism in Bellefontaine sports. Friends and neighbors of the coaches get high priority at every level.
Whistlers Mother

Fredericksburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

These same "friends of the coaches" are also the parents supporting the team through diners, fund raisers and driving their own and other kids to and from practices. Due to this high level of commitment, they are often the ones with the better performing kids. Parents that do nothing to support the team except attending the occasional game are often the loudest when it comes to complaining about the coaching staffs.

Support your kids, respect their coaches. If you are convinced you can do a better job, have Linda at Engelhaupt Embroidery sew "Coach" on your jacket. My son has coached for many years. I have seen it all in those four decades. Bellefontaine is no different than any other school.
wondering y

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

Whistlers Mother wrote:
These same "friends of the coaches" are also the parents supporting the team through diners, fund raisers and driving their own and other kids to and from practices. Due to this high level of commitment, they are often the ones with the better performing kids. Parents that do nothing to support the team except attending the occasional game are often the loudest when it comes to complaining about the coaching staffs.
Support your kids, respect their coaches. If you are convinced you can do a better job, have Linda at Engelhaupt Embroidery sew "Coach" on your jacket. My son has coached for many years. I have seen it all in those four decades. Bellefontaine is no different than any other school.
But when you have been that parent, driving kids, providing snacks, coming to every single game since they started playing but STILL getting no respect from the coach. What do you do then? I am not saying I could do a better job of coaching, but I know the last coach did. He sure as hell did not let this game of favorites go on. Sorry but I will not respect a coach doing this to more than one deserving kid on a team. I am supporting my kid, by letting him and everyone else know that this is not his fault.
wondering y

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

Whistlers Mother wrote:
Plus, this still supports the fact that money gets you further in the athletics system. Parents should always support the team and coach, but I have witnessed children with amazing talent and a lack of a family support system. But this does not mean that they should not have playing time because their parents don't support anything they do. Parents actions should not have anything to do with their kids.
Brownie

Union City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

The adminstration needs to care enough to hire qualified coaches, field winning teams and get rid of A.D. for anything to change. You want the best players to play and get good coaching...you have to play a club sport.
lakerhater

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

Favoritism happens every where and in every sport. It is what it is. Try playing the "game" a little. You'll probably have to swallow some pride but it may make a difference. Be extra nice and pretend u care what the coach has to say. Sports are an important part of many kids lives and help keep them focused on academics(so they can play). I would much rather my child be at practice after school instead of running the streets.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of99
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Bellefontaine Forum right now

Search the Bellefontaine Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 min Big Johnson 28,502
what topix lib is immitating voice on thread"m... 30 min SOLOMONS WISDOM 31
Any interest in a best recipe thread? 37 min SOLOMONS WISDOM 4
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) 1 hr Ellie 297
Hillary 2016 baby (Dec '13) 1 hr leave bellefontaine 42
DEMOCRAT SENATOR HARRY REID---CLOWN of the WEEK? 2 hr thud333 6
The Documentary, Amercia! 2 hr SOLOMONS WISDOM 40
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bellefontaine Jobs

•••