Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Judged:

Honda says that the economy will improve and will invest more in Ohio plants. All I have heard on the news is that Honda is adding a second shift and hiring 1000 people in Indiana and the transmission plant up at russels point. When is Honda gonna fire up line 2 at Marysville?
Line2

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Judged:

Line 2 has been running on both shifts. It wasn't shut down. Now line 1 on 2nd shift was shut down back when this recession started a cpl years ago.

It is being brought back up. Starting this next month they will be training people to run that line on 2nd shift. By December it is going to be back to full running again. Line 1 has been running on 1st shift this whole time, just shut down on 2nd shift. Till now
animal control

Marengo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Where are the jobs

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

I thought that Honda Marysville was supposed to be running two lines and two shifts by now. Why hasn't HONDA hired hundreds for the ramp up? Only ADECCO has been hiring, now with news of a new plant being built for the Acura nsx; will Honda hire 10% of the workforce and Adecco the other 90%? Please help me understand what is occurring.
sounds right

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

From what you have written, I think you have a pretty good understanding of what is probably going on. The temps are taking over there.
Temp

Morral, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

Temp job is better than none. Stills pay better than a lot of other jobs
sounds right

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

Yes, it is. But do you think it is right for temps to be doing the same jobs as regular workers and getting less pay and benefits? It is not right for the temps or the regular workers. It takes away their jobs. The only real winners are the temp agencies and Honda.
animal control

Bucyrus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

SAN FRANCISCO -- A 7.3 magnitude earthquake struck off the northwest coast of the island of Sumatra in Indonesia at 10:37 a.m. Pacific time, according to the U.S. Geological Survey Tuesday. The quake caused Indonesian officials to issue a local tsunami warning, according to media reports.
Jojo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

Honda management is deceitful & completely Untrustworthy, you dont want to work there. They treat their associates worse than shit and continually get away w/ it.
Random

Johnstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Random Honda question. Do the administrative support staff at marysville honda wear the white uniforms line the production workers?
of course

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

Yes, they all do. Everyone in admin does, as do the workers.

“Listen to Jazz Music”

Since: Mar 09

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

Jojo wrote:
Honda management is deceitful & completely Untrustworthy, you dont want to work there. They treat their associates worse than shit and continually get away w/ it.
I have a nephew who has worked at Honda since he graduated high school, nearly thirty years ago. He has never been laid off and, he has enjoyed his employment.He is not in management.

Honda employees have voted against unionization every time. If they treated their employees in the manner you indicate, my guess is they would not have done so.

My guess is you think, of the thousands of Honda employees, they singled you out to be treated badly so you could come to this forum an bad-mouth them.
sick of it

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

of course wrote:
Yes, they all do. Everyone in admin does, as do the workers.
Even the employees in the Credit Union wear the white uniforms. No one is "special" and gets out of wearing them.
Miami

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

Jojo wrote:
My guess is your work effort is worse than shit so you received what you gave.
fyi

Mount Gilead, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

Just wondering wrote:
Honda says that the economy will improve and will invest more in Ohio plants. All I have heard on the news is that Honda is adding a second shift and hiring 1000 people in Indiana and the transmission plant up at russels point. When is Honda gonna fire up line 2 at Marysville?
Real American men drive Ford, Ram, &GM
Really

Ada, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

JAS_BHS62 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a nephew who has worked at Honda since he graduated high school, nearly thirty years ago. He has never been laid off and, he has enjoyed his employment.He is not in management.
Honda employees have voted against unionization every time. If they treated their employees in the manner you indicate, my guess is they would not have done so.
My guess is you think, of the thousands of Honda employees, they singled you out to be treated badly so you could come to this forum an bad-mouth them.
How many times has the associates voted against the union?
Has there ever been a vote?
want to know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times has the associates voted against the union?
Has there ever been a vote?
Honda has turned into a temp only work zone.There will never be any more full time workers.When the ones that are there now retire,that will be it.
hear say

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

rumor is the new acura nsx will be built in the existing nal building at Marysville. no new plant being built its already there!

“Listen to Jazz Music”

Since: Mar 09

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

Judged:

fyi wrote:
<quoted text>Real American men drive Ford, Ram, &GM
If you were check to find out where the profits, if any, go. People the world over are allowed o buy shares in the"Big 3". Many of the parts used to build the "Big 3" vehicles ae manufactured in countries other than te US. The "Big 3" employ more workers because of union "featherbedding" and inefficient prodction. But, the fact is, these car companies from foreign lands are providing employment for American workers and, that benefits all of us with the income taxes they pay.

And, even if they employ "temp" workers, they still receive a paycheck and whatever benefts the temp agency provides. All of us need to get over the idea that the vehicles produced by car cmpanies other than te "Big 3" are foreign cars. If they are built in America, they are American cars and, in many cases are better-built than the vehicles built by the "Big 3".

Look at the Indy cars. In just a few short years, the Indy car racers have decided to use engines manufactured by Honda and Toyota
because tey are more reliable and faster.
heard

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

Judged:

I heard that Honda owns a portion of the temp services that are used there.

I hate to break it to you JAS, but Honda is not the place it use to be. They really don't care about their aging workforce. It is all about the young temps now that get lower wages and sub par benefits.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bellefontaine Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bellefontaine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••